had a bad day, real bad with my 14 silverado 1500 crew lt

Maybe I'm missing something, but why can your lawyer not force the dealership/GM to prove the aftermarket parts caused the engine failure? It's THEIR burden to prove, not yours.

Just as everyone has mentioned .......

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have an update still no luck but I will post the story when I get some time this weekend it just never ends

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

How are you doing, hope things are going better for you.

Wonder if his lawyer asked him to stop posting due to the possibility of going to trial. Anyways I sure wish him the best of luck, no one deserves that kind of treatment.

I would guess he got it resolved as most people only post on here when stuff isn't going well. I think an update would be great though to know what really happened.

You would think so

• 1 month later...

Sorry guys I'm here for an update I've been sick and busy at work and haven't had any extra time to update. So here is where I'm at. I ended up putting in a used engine to get the truck back and on the road again. That set me back abt $5200 but it was either do that for now or let it sit busted for how ever long it will take to fight this in court and I can't wait so may as well get it fixed. I can tell a difference for sure between the 2 engines this new used one is much smoother in shifting and when it idles. I'm Def pleased with the repair. So now it's in the lawyers hands to get this straightened out with gm and getting my $ back for all the repairs. She is very confident she will have no problem doing so. I'm also trying to get the warranty block lifted as part of this also. So for now it's just gonna be a sit and wait thing. She said it could take up to a year and a half to get a decision. Sorry it took so long for the update though!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Glad to hear you've got the truck fixed and your happy with it. Hopefully a settlement will be reached without going to court.

Cheers

Doub

• 6 months later...

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!!!

Well well my attorney got GM to pay for all repairs and her fees. Also the lifted the block on warranty. After paying $5200 out of pocket for engine replacement I finally will get it all back. It will be 1 year next month that the engine blew out. Tomorrow it gets traded in favor of a 14 GMC sierra 1500 slt all terrain with a 6.2L can't wait!

You may have voided the warranty.

Hopefully not, and hopefully it'll turn out to be something as simple as others suggested.

The lift alone voids the warranty. Not sure about how big the tires are.

Archived