had a bad day, real bad with my 14 silverado 1500 crew lt

So I got code definitions and it seems that most of the code pertain to the suspension components on the truck there are some exhaust codes and transmission ones but most are for the suspension. So I think whomever gm spoke with about this block and told them the lift didn't factor into the block being applied is full of crap looks like I'm ginna have to move forward with a lawyer but I would love to know if this truck was a buyback

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what the great google has found for me.....

You have codes blocking warranty for:

301- Driveline/Axle - Front Drive axle

302- Driveline/Axle - Propeller Shaft

303- Driveline/Axle - Rear Drive Axle

304- Driveline/Axle - Wheel Drive Shafts

308- Driveline/Axle - Unknown

311- Unknown

312- Unknown

313- Unknown

314- Unknown

318- Unknown

401- Engine/Propulsion - Cruise Control

402- Engine/Propulsion - Engine Controls and Fuel

403- Engine/Propulsion - Engine Heating and Cooling

405- Engine/Propulsion - Exhaust

406- Engine/Propulsion - Engine Mechanical

408- Engine/Propulsion - Unknown

411- Unknown

412- Unknown

413- Unknown

415- Unknown

416- Unknown

418- Unknown

803- Suspension - Front Suspension

842- Transmission - Transfer Case

843- Transmission - Clutch

844- Transmission - Manual Transmission

846- Transmission - Automatic transmission

Plus it looks like you have a few legacy codes, ie (FXXXX, JXXXX, KXXXX)

http://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/TSb/DownloadPdf?id=179375

For a very detailed list look here: http://www.vehicleaccessorycenter.com/inc/files/editor/files/GLC_Cross_Reference_Guide.pdf

I would still take the time to call your current service writer and have him give you the contact info for the dealer in Arkansas that performed all of this warranty work and see if this was a buy back. If it is I believe by law it should of been disclosed to you at the time of purchase. Look through all your paper work and make sure a disclosure form was not snuck in at the time of purchase.

Listed car fax it's not super clear may need to click and zoom but original owner only had it 9 months then it went to auction which looks like 2 times where independent dealer bought it 2nd time around? That's whom I purchased it from

Can anybody on here tell me how I can find out if this is a buyback vehicle? I am currently getting nowhere with the situation I would like to find out if it is a buyback vehicle before I pursue any type of lawsuit because if it is I will not need to do so

Can anybody on here tell me how I can find out if this is a buyback vehicle? I am currently getting nowhere with the situation I would like to find out if it is a buyback vehicle before I pursue any type of lawsuit because if it is I will not need to do so

Most likely you're only going to get this information from GM directly or from the dealer who was part of the buyback process.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

But it shouldn't be so hard to obtain from gm correct?

In theory, no...but with the issues you've been having getting answers from them, who knows. Considering there isn't an extensive repair history on the carfax, I'd be very surprised if this was a buyback.

But it sorts does I have the service report and it had issues early on plugs at 12k new differential case at 12k 1 owner for only 9 months? And some other small items

Plus I've always had to add oil to it in the year I've had it I dumped alot of oil in it every so often I couldn't figure out why I kept losing it with no leakage I only put on abt 5k in the year I had it

There's a lot to consider here and I'm by no means a mechanic or expert on GM policies, this is just my opinion.

To me, I don't think there's enough on the carfax to even start looking at the posibility of a buyback. Keep in mind yours is a 14 and likely had some of the original bugs (hence the recalls and TSB's that were performed).

Yes the plugs were replaced along with some other repairs, but I've seen a lot more happen to a truck in a shory amount of time and it all get resolved under warranty.

Go back to the basics...

1) You were denied warranty coverage on a vehicle that, from the information provided is not a salvage and is within the time and mileage limitations of the factory warranty.

2) You have not, from the information shared, been given a reason as to why it was denied.

3) Therefore, based on nunbers 1 and 2, you need to get an explanation from GM or the dealer as to WHY the warranty was denied. You can't do anything without an explanation. I understand that you've been trying to get this, but this is what I would keep pushing. If they claim it is because of the lift and aftermarket upgrades, they have to prove that those changes caused the parts in question to fail.

Again, just my .02 so take it for what it's worth. I hope you can get to the bottom of it.

My experience with a buy back.

I bought a 1 year old Equinox that was a buy back. I was told it had a problem with a sensor under the seat and it was an easy fix and was fixed. I figured no problem and bought it from the same dealer that took it in on trade (I didn't understand it was a "buy back" but knew it had some problems). Was told GM has to tell you when you buy one from them. You didn't buy it from a GM dealer so nobody has to tell you anything. Just a car fax will do. Well 2 years later and 15 trips to the dealer to figure out why it wouldn't start or run right on hot days I traded it in to my local dealer. All of this was covered under warranty even though it was a buy back and past my 36,000 because it was a prior. GM even sent out engineers to try and figure it all out with no luck.

In the end I had to show that my family (relatives and they could see it) has bought 56 GM vehicles over the years. I was given a 3 year extended warranty on the suv which I traded in shortly (for full non buy back price) after and $5,000 towards a new vehicle that I had to use in 1 year. Bought my truck that way. My local GM dealer that took it in on trade said the car goes immediately to auction. No way will they sell a buy back. That's the difference of the dealer I bought from and the one who I deal with that attempted the repairs.

Few points.

Be kind talking to the GM reps. I had a lady that felt bad for me and even gave me a brand new AWD Equinox to drive my family down to the Carolinas for vacation so I didn't have to risk it breaking on us. They will do what they can if they see your side and think you will stay GM.

What I used as an argument is I was told it was a buy back, but I was also told it was fixed which it obviously wasn't. My guess is yours had issues they knew about. That said they didn't sell it to you it changed hands at the auction.

Is it possible that when the local dealer did all the junk to it to sell it they took responsibility for the warranty since GM didn't put that stuff on it. When it was with the original owner, fine. I bet it was soon brought in by the owner and they found it to be junk. Dealer probably took it in on a trade and auctioned it basically wiping there hands with it. GM already wiped their hands when the dealer put all that crap on it. Did the motor go because of a lift and what not? probably not. Did the motor go because who ever wanted a truck like that probably beat the living snot out of it before they traded it in? Possibly.

Dealer auctioned it not because they knew it was a great truck and would sell easy problem free. They auctioned it because they knew it was a POS and they didn't want to have to deal with covering the problems. They took the loss when they auctioned it I bet. They probably $hit when they seen it show up for repair. I bet that's why they are blaming things that were modded and things that they didn't put on to cover their a$$.

Archived