had a bad day, real bad with my 14 silverado 1500 crew lt

Aaron is spot on in the two post above. If it was me, there is no way that I would consider letting the truck go back. It's not the finance company that is causing the problem. If you quit paying them, they will ruin your credit, and rightfully so.

To get slightly sidetracked, many many years ago I had a car that was sold as trade in with about 5000 miles on it. Come to find out it was traded because it stayed in the shop. The car gave me nothing but problems so I Lemon lawed it. In the 12-15 months it took to complete the suit, I had to pay the notes on the car. It was not the banks fault, and it was worth it for me to keep my credit in good standing.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So let me get this straight, from your pics doozer78 you had shown us your warranty block which as an effective date of 2-10-2016 right?? From what I gather from all of your posts that it was at a dealer at that time right?? Am I correct to assume that the block was placed at that dealership that it was at on 2/10/2016 or is that the date it shows when you pull that information up and will change every time you pull that information?? If that is the case that the block was placed at that exact date and it was at a dealership at that exact date as well then I know if it were me I would demand the exact reason to why this was placed or the shit will hit the fan and I would make it known as publicly as I can to what that dealership is pulling. You have the right to know exactly why a warranty block was placed on your truck and no a suspension lift will not cause an engine failure like your describing. Do you have the truck?? Can you post pics of under the truck around the engine area?? Did something poke through the side of the engine block?? It sounds like something came apart inside the engine for it to blow smoke out the tail pipe and have that much oil loss that you are describing. Walking away from this truck is a bad idea in my opinion, it will then be repossessed and it will obviously have less value and you still might have to cover the difference in the loan. Then this will hit your credit hard and you then will find it hard to get another loan for another vehicle. Unfortunately it sounds like your stuck with somehow fixing this truck and then getting out from underneath of it but I am not sure what the laws are if you have to disclose that this truck now has a warranty block on it, that too will make it hard to get out from underneath it.

The block was initiated when the first dealership I took it to submitted the info to gm for warranty work. That dealer stated that when they submit warranty work they have to fill out a form for the repair and based on the info that's on that form gm either approves or declines the work. I have no idea what they put down on that form but whatever it was it got ot blocked.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Also due to the aftermarket exhaust they claimed made your engine fail this is directly from Magnaflow's website.

Under the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act of 1975, 15 USC, 2302 and Clean Air Act 42 of USA code 7541, you have rights.

This legislation basically states that:

In order for a dealer/manufacturer to deny a warranty on a claimed part, they must PROVE that the part YOU installed/had installed DIRECTLY caused the failure of the part on which you’re claiming the warranty.

So basically they have to prove that the Borla exhaust, the aftermarket air filter, and the suspension made your engine fail.

From your post on page 4

So dealership in Ohio calls me and the local dealer I had it to here in pa had general motors block my truck from being covered under any power train warranty I am livid how dare they do that ot is none of that dealers business to do this to me now it's gonna get real involved on my end!!

It states that the first local dealership placed the warranty block on your truck, sounds like you need to have a face to face meeting with the service manager and maybe the general manager to make them prove to you how those parts made your engine fail, if they refuse then they are breaking the law and you have grounds to sue them on. They don't have to do the work but they have to prove to you that those parts they specified made your engine fail and if they can't then they have to remove the warranty block. From what your lawyers are saying to me they just don't want to get involved or it is too much work for them for the little payout they will receive.

Also if anyone is wondering on a new engine part number is 12657207 and my company's cost which is wholesale is 5025.00 plus core of 2500.00.

The aftermarket exhaust is not an aftermarket exhaust it is a gm exhaust made by borland and has a gm part# the first dealership was to stupid to know this

The aftermarket exhaust is not an aftermarket exhaust it is a gm exhaust made by borland and has a gm part# the first dealership was to stupid to know this

Made by borla sorry

The block was initiated when the first dealership I took it to submitted the info to gm for warranty work. That dealer stated that when they submit warranty work they have to fill out a form for the repair and based on the info that's on that form gm either approves or declines the work. I have no idea what they put down on that form but whatever it was it got ot blocked.

So go back to the original dealership that put the block on and get the report they submitted that initiated this. Find out the specifics. They can't block your whole power train without justification.

I agree with everyone here: go back to the dealership and have THEM prove why they think the warranty should not be honored. Turn up the pressure on them!

Threatening to have the truck repossessed and your credit tarnished just lets the dealership's service department win. Why let them win? Fight this!!

Doozer78, could you post some pictures of your truck? Especially under the engine where the oil is dripping out. A few pictures under the hood too.

I do not have the truck it is still sitting at the other dealership in Ohio to my knowledge they have cleaned most of the oil off the undercarriage of the truck

The oil was leaking out of the main seal in the exhaust

I do not have the truck it is still sitting at the other dealership in Ohio to my knowledge they have cleaned most of the oil off the undercarriage of the truck

The main seal and the exhaust

Im getting the truck towed back to my house so I atleast i will be in possession of it for the time being ot does me no good sitting at a dealer in Ohio who is now not returning my calls

I thought you had it towed back to your house?

The main seal and the exhaust

There are no oil seals in the exhaust. If you could post some pictures it may offer more insight as to what is going on here.

Talked to k&n tonight they have policies in place to help the consumer if a dealer is denying warranty coverage due to using their parts. They also want the filter back to look at it so I'm gonna go Friday and get the filter wife gonna call the dealership that caused this issue tomorrow and raise some hell she's better at it than me. I'll post any new info as I get it.

Wow, it also sounds like you need a better lawyer. All in all its a GM vehicle and they're dodging around and trying to pass the buck. I'd turn the heat up on the corporate level. I. The end they are the ones who need to make this right. It's their vehicle they should make it right. You don't pay that rediculous amount of $$ for new vehicles just to have the dealers screw around.

Doozer you need to go after the original dealer or seller who initially sold you the truck ( meaning the person who bought it at the auction and then sold it to you, not the original first dealer ) imo, it sounds to me like the block was put on before you ever even bought the truck.

Another thing, if the dealer that sold you the truck said it comes with an intact warranty from GM and it was in fact voided, that is fraud. Might want to bring that up.

I have an update still no luck but I will post the story when I get some time this weekend it just never ends

What a bitchfest.... go down to the dealer and demand and answer and do not leave until you get one. Don't be an ****, be polite and respectful but if they refuse to give you and answer just let them know you'll be sticking around to tell all their customer who walk in to buy a new car your story and start approaching every person who comes to look at cars.

If they complain and tell you to leave, simply go across the street on the sidewalk which is public property and hold up a sign.

No dealer will let that go on if they are sane, it's much cheaper to deal with you then have you affect their future sales.

Hit them where it hurts, their pocketbook.

Archived