had a bad day, real bad with my 14 silverado 1500 crew lt

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I resend me email every day to gm corporate just to get my story across to them. Attorney is reviewing the situation and deciding what to do. I'm still going to file a complaint with the attorney general against gm and the original dealer who aided in having the block put in place. But as of now nothing new to really report yet just waiting to see how the attorney wants to proceed.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I would send the email more than once a day. Easy enough from a phone.

As far as dealing with dealerships and GM. Screw that. They dont give a rats ass about you or me. I would have gotten a lawyer a long time ago. Ask around, find a shark. A good one will chew them to pieces. With the money you have invested, it's worth it. Let the lawyer take care of it. A good one will get their fees from somewhere other than you. Good luck man.

Quick update and I need everyone's input the attorney I gave spoken with says she needs a statement saying that none of the mods on the truck cause this engine failure but I cannot get such statement till truck is torn down to determine actual problem everything now is just speculation so either I pay to have it torn down or I look for another attorney

Wouldn't an independent mechanical shop be able to determine if the mods are related to engine failure without having it thorn down? Still would cost you because I doubt any mechanic would supply a statement without at least having a look at the truck to protect himself.

I rally don't understand this situation .... I don't understand why GM will not look at the truck unless theirs something more going on here we or the owner doesn't know .....

I had power train warrenty work done on a dodge and it was understood that they will tear it down but if it turns out that it's not covered under the powertrain warrenty then it's on my dime .... Completely understandable .. Turns out they covered everything

Why wouldn't the dealer , any dealer , tear into it and find the problem .... With the understanding that if it is determined that a modification caused the problem then the owner is responsible for the cost ?

To me there's something more going on here

I rally don't understand this situation .... I don't understand why GM will not look at the truck unless theirs something more going on here we or the owner doesn't know .....

I had power train warrenty work done on a dodge and it was understood that they will tear it down but if it turns out that it's not covered under the powertrain warrenty then it's on my dime .... Completely understandable .. Turns out they covered everything

Why wouldn't the dealer , any dealer , tear into it and find the problem .... With the understanding that if it is determined that a modification caused the problem then the owner is responsible for the cost ?

To me there's something more going on here

I think no dealer will touch it at this point even to tear it down because the warranty block already exists. There is some kind of discrepancy that someone is not passing on to this gentleman. GM should be able to specify exactly why his warranty was voided. They don't just block warranty without justification. Somewhere there is a note specifying why this truck has a warranty block on all drive train and engine.

If there was no block then GM would probably tear it down and determine fault and then at that time the owner would be responsible for any non-covered repairs.

OP stop beating your head against a wall and get the motor torn apart. Do what the lawyer has told you so that you can move on. 2 months of payments have gone by and you are truckless, how many more months are you willing to go?

Sent from my BlackBerry Priv. The power of Android combined with the security of BlackBerry.

Opinions? What happens if I just walk away from this truck ? Bad idea? I have very good credit but I'm not sinking a penny out of my pocket to fix this damn thing I did nothing wrong here and it's very very frustrating

Opinions? What happens if I just walk away from this truck ? Bad idea? I have very good credit but I'm not sinking a penny out of my pocket to fix this damn thing I did nothing wrong here and it's very very frustrating

First, please answer a question that I have ask twice, did they find a tune on the truck? And if they did, who installed it?

I don't believe there was a tune but I cannot day that 100% it was never mentioned and when the gm rep talked to the service manager from the first dealership it was at he never mentioned it to her plus I personally don't think there is one just based on the way it runs

So let me get this straight, from your pics doozer78 you had shown us your warranty block which as an effective date of 2-10-2016 right?? From what I gather from all of your posts that it was at a dealer at that time right?? Am I correct to assume that the block was placed at that dealership that it was at on 2/10/2016 or is that the date it shows when you pull that information up and will change every time you pull that information?? If that is the case that the block was placed at that exact date and it was at a dealership at that exact date as well then I know if it were me I would demand the exact reason to why this was placed or the shit will hit the fan and I would make it known as publicly as I can to what that dealership is pulling. You have the right to know exactly why a warranty block was placed on your truck and no a suspension lift will not cause an engine failure like your describing. Do you have the truck?? Can you post pics of under the truck around the engine area?? Did something poke through the side of the engine block?? It sounds like something came apart inside the engine for it to blow smoke out the tail pipe and have that much oil loss that you are describing. Walking away from this truck is a bad idea in my opinion, it will then be repossessed and it will obviously have less value and you still might have to cover the difference in the loan. Then this will hit your credit hard and you then will find it hard to get another loan for another vehicle. Unfortunately it sounds like your stuck with somehow fixing this truck and then getting out from underneath of it but I am not sure what the laws are if you have to disclose that this truck now has a warranty block on it, that too will make it hard to get out from underneath it.

Also due to the aftermarket exhaust they claimed made your engine fail this is directly from Magnaflow's website.

Under the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act of 1975, 15 USC, 2302 and Clean Air Act 42 of USA code 7541, you have rights.

This legislation basically states that:

In order for a dealer/manufacturer to deny a warranty on a claimed part, they must PROVE that the part YOU installed/had installed DIRECTLY caused the failure of the part on which you’re claiming the warranty.

So basically they have to prove that the Borla exhaust, the aftermarket air filter, and the suspension made your engine fail.

From your post on page 4

So dealership in Ohio calls me and the local dealer I had it to here in pa had general motors block my truck from being covered under any power train warranty I am livid how dare they do that ot is none of that dealers business to do this to me now it's gonna get real involved on my end!!

It states that the first local dealership placed the warranty block on your truck, sounds like you need to have a face to face meeting with the service manager and maybe the general manager to make them prove to you how those parts made your engine fail, if they refuse then they are breaking the law and you have grounds to sue them on. They don't have to do the work but they have to prove to you that those parts they specified made your engine fail and if they can't then they have to remove the warranty block. From what your lawyers are saying to me they just don't want to get involved or it is too much work for them for the little payout they will receive.

Also if anyone is wondering on a new engine part number is 12657207 and my company's cost which is wholesale is 5025.00 plus core of 2500.00.

Archived