Does anyone live in Southern California?

Justin Nachazel

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/12/2017 at 1:31 AM, Ravenkeeper said:

Antelope Valley

I was born/raised in San Diego, as a USN brat.  Occasional visit to Imperial Beach, to see the mother-in-law and mine/wife's childhood friends. 

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 4/26/2021 at 10:25 PM, Ravenkeeper said:

I was born/raised in San Diego, as a USN brat.  Occasional visit to Imperial Beach, to see the mother-in-law and mine/wife's childhood friends. 

I know nothing about San Diego.  Been here over a year.  Leaving in about 18 months.  Navy. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Transient said:

I know nothing about San Diego.  Been here over a year.  Leaving in about 18 months.  Navy. 

Outside of Sea World, Zoo, and museums......there's not much else to do, other than go hiking out in Alpine and beyond.  The south end of Pacific Crest Trail (3000+ miles border to border) is at the border in San Diego.  I live a few miles away from the Antelope Valley section of PCT. 

I have young kids, so that stuff works for them.  It doesn't work for me.  I love camping.  Nothing is more relaxing than sitting in a camping chair and falling asleep in the crisp mountain air while the fire crackles.  Problem is I don't think 2 of my kids are ready for camping.  We do firepits in the backyard, but that's about it. 

• Like 1