2016 SLT lights in 14/15 SLT/All Terrain almost done

11 minutes ago, texasaggies16 said:

I really like the look, I ended up ordering a set of morimoto fogs and some plasti dip for my GMC emblem. The black flows really well with headlights I think.

Extremely nice looking rig!

- Left & Right head light expected to arrive, Thursday/Friday.

- Morimoto Fogs expected on Thursday!

-GEN5 harness shipped today VIA priority mail so i am hoping it will come Thursday or Friday too!

Super excited!

Thank you Texas, appreciate the compliment. Next up for me, color matched Onyx Black All-Terrain grill.

8 minutes ago, WSFD6107 said:

Thank you Texas, appreciate the compliment. Next up for me, color matched Onyx Black All-Terrain grill.

That should look really nice, I debated on one myself but it would block my light bar it seems like.. Plus they are very difficult to find LOL

I actually saw a truck here locally who had what looked to be the XB’s and they were not the smoked/black housing. I originally thought the same thing, I felt they would look better with the non smoked housing because it would flow with the headlights but after seeing them I like the smoked look better.

Here is mine (before and after) Powder coated bumper, A/T Grille, Black Emblem, Added Foglights and of course swapped out Headlights

572BA4EE-407A-48F9-9292-67D9D25C291D.jpeg

I asked this in another thread but this one seems to get more traffic.  For those that have run both, HD HID's and the 1500 LED's, is the light output and beam pattern better with the LED's? If so, is the improvement worth the money? I have been unhappy with the HID’s since day one. 

HD HIDs are only 25W hids aswell. You can potentially bump up to 35W for like $130 but I personally am extremely glad I got rid of my HID set up all together. The LED headlights are extremely nice and reliable. I always had problems I feel like with HIDs or worrying about carrying extra bulbs! LEDs now let me drive care free as a 40k+ truck should be.

On 5/7/2018 at 6:29 AM, jackedupZ71 said:

2. unless i misread something, if i would have went with the leds, i would have lost the ability to run just parking lights if i wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jackedupZ71, could you elaborate on this? What do you mean by "run just the parking lights?

23 hours ago, BringTheRain403 said:

I had an HID retrofit kit in mine before I put in the 16+ LED housings. IMO the LED's are better and more reliable...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

22 hours ago, texasaggies16 said:

HD HIDs are only 25W hids aswell. You can potentially bump up to 35W for like $130 but I personally am extremely glad I got rid of my HID set up all together. The LED headlights are extremely nice and reliable. I always had problems I feel like with HIDs or worrying about carrying extra bulbs! LEDs now let me drive care free as a 40k+ truck should be.

Thanks guys.

jackedupZ71, could you elaborate on this? What do you mean by "run just the parking lights?

from what i had read through the threads and on a few sites, depending what model and lights you had, if you chose to go with leds, you wouldn’t be able to run parking lights without headlights being on. i’ll have to dig through and see if i can find it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk