How will you choose your first car?

Hi,

I am going to get my first brand new ford truck. My friends suggested getting Ford F-150 XL truck, as my budget is low. What are the factors you would consider before buying a truck? I have gone through articles for tips for getting a truck. Is there any need to install additional features? How will you buy choose your first car? Based on the reviews or from your favorite brand?

First, ask your parents how much money they will give you. If not at least 50k, throw a fit until you get it. After that, just go pick you out a Platinum Edition or King Ranch and enjoy high school in your new truck like every other kid. No kid ever settles with an entry level truck these days.

pretty much you pick out a truck you like for the budget you have. then you go spend thousands of dollars on new wheels, lift kits, mufflers, etc. haha.

are you using it as a truck or as a status symbol? no one can tell you which truck to get besides you.

(though I would suggest not looking at anything with a blue oval on the front.)

I miss the days of my old 89 S10 work truck and 87 turbo coupe. High school was great. Instead of 1 nice car, i had 2 cheap cars

My first question is why are you on a GM truck forum asking about buying a Ford? I mean I could care less what you buy. It's just that it's a little weird to come on a different brand forum to ask about buying a different brand so you probably should be on a Ford forum. I know your question means the same no matter what brand. I just don't know why you joined and asked a question about buying a Ford on a GM forum. Now if you were trying to pick a brand and asking on different forums that's understandable. It's just that you specifically said you want an F-150 since it's what your friends suggested.

Personally I've always had Chevy, but all of the "Big 3" have their plus and minuses.

Anyways, you need to figure out how much you can spend first and then go from there. Then you figure what things is a much have and maybe pick some out of that list that you could go without if you had to. Being still in high school, I wouldn't hope for much unless your parents are going to buy it for you.

You start with a budget. If this really is your first car and you're still a teenager, I'd HIGHLY recommend against a new car or truck. Get a used one, learn how to work on it, and save up your money until you figure out what you're going to do with your life. A new vehicle is one of the worst financial things anyone can do. Some folks do it because they are well established financially, but someone in in their teens shouldn't even consider it.

Archived