Wheel Wells

Has anyone taken the OEM wheel well liners and sprayed them with rocker guard or line-x or anything like that? I'm not a fan of this "carpet" like material they used. Just wondering if it's been done and what the results were like.

Thanks.

I thought that "carpet crap" was a joke at first but I have to admit it works pretty good. Cleans up easy and still looks new and really cuts down on dings and noise from thrown rocks hitting wheel well.

I thought that "carpet crap" was a joke at first but I have to admit it works pretty good. Cleans up easy and still looks new and really cuts down on dings and noise from thrown rocks hitting wheel well.

Gotta agree here. It holds up pretty well to all the sand, and rocks that it deals with.

Good point on the road noise; I never thought of that. I guess the only time I've had an issue is with some of the finer "crap" that gets stuck in it like pine needles. Was more curious if anyone had done this or not and if they experienced issues (such as those you listed).

Thanks for the input guys.

I'm another one who wasn't sure about the carpet liners but now I love them. They are definitely on there to keep noise down. I have seen a ton of posts on the interwebs where people complain about cleaning them but I usually hit them with a high-pressure wand at the car wash and have never had trouble getting them clean.

If you really don't want them there are aftermarket ABS liners that also give a little more coverage. You can by GM ones direct from the dealer or Husky makes them as well.

Like someone before me said, just hit them real good with the pressure washer every other wash or so and they stay looking like new, primarily because they're out of the sun I would assume

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Since they are a carpet material has anyone tried spraying them with scotch guard or a similar product to help cut down on dirt between washes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I spray mine with Tire Foam... makes the dirt rinse right off. And makes them nice and black. But I'm somewhat compulsive... :cheers:

Since they are a carpet material has anyone tried spraying them with scotch guard or a similar product to help cut down on dirt between washes?

Good idea... I feel like the next step is to spill a glass of red wine on them and see if they repel stains, haha :lol:

Good idea... I feel like the next step is to spill a glass of red wine on them and see if they repel stains, haha :lol:

Red wine or Coke would be the true test.

I took mine out when doing the under coating. Soaked then durn pretty good (from the back side) with the undercoating we are using, which is fluidfilm. Sure seems like it would just hold moisture and anywhere it rubs it would rust like nobody's business, but I didn't really think of the sound. I'm glad people like them, cause I was considering getting some aftermarket wells.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Archived