Emblems

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sprayed mine to match using a kit from eBay and Duplicolor primer/adhesion promoter...

Resized_20160907_105219_zpserceoqhm.jpeg

Resized_20161008_175139_zpsashgahe7.jpeg

Resized_20161008_183903_zps9sng1dl0.jpeg

Resized_20161009_180702_zpsphsj8rdi.jpeg

That looks like it came out pretty good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GM also sells billet emblems in both black or mirror. They run about $112 a pair (not bad for billet). Go to Chevymall.com and search the Silverado accessories.

Thanks for posting this, been looking around for these lately

Thanks and you can buy your custom mixed paint color in an aerosol spray can or as a full kit on eBay or Amazon for $35.00-$60.00

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spray-Paint-for-GMC-Royal-Blue-Metallic-WA409Y-G1K-/201484540730?hash=item2ee96a1b3a:m:myHyBEifTfYEctQ6Yq7SBZw&item=201484540730&var=&vxp=mtr

I also sprayed the bowties on my wheel caps and have plenty left over for the tailgate handle when I get around to it..

Resized_20161005_132129_zpsicbqgvil.jpeg

I'm glad it turned out good for you, but the last time I used scratch wizard the paint did not match at all lol (summit white)

PSA: Lots of people on Ebay are advertising that the OEM Black emblems with GM Part Number 23303572 will fit a 2017 Silverado. That isn't the case. Tried to swap mine out today, and my stock gold emblem is just a touch smaller which makes it so the mounting clips don't line up.

That looks like it came out pretty good!

I'm glad it turned out good for you, but the last time I used scratch wizard the paint did not match at all lol (summit white)

Thanks and the color I received was a pretty close match!

Blue carbon wrap on mine! 5cb37e5669e0d981e2d324b190ca9030.jpg8a1afef25d7c85172818e16e19aaa14a.jpg

Can you give some tips for how you did the steering wheel emblem.

I wrapped the other emblems; they came out great, but the steering wheel emblem is so small I had a hard time with it, and gave up.

Got the wheel center caps off , while the grill is in the shop to be painted decided to go ahead and paint the center caps. Marv 88 did u clear the entire cap or just the painted bow tie area ?

I used the single stage on those so no clearcoat was needed according to the instructions.

Archived