How to make it ride like a Raptor

Edit: Yes tapa cut it off. I want it to ride like a raptor, offroad

Probably been asked a million times before. My bro just got one delivered after months of waiting and it's amazing. The off-road ride is insanely smooth at 80+mph. I can't believe it's a stock truck. What kind of suspension work would I need to do to keep up with him? I don't think a BDS/fox coilover kit will do it.

-tapa

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your topic title got cut off, but I'm assuming you want your truck to run like a Raptor or something similar off road. Look into the Icon Stage 4 kit. That or something like a King/Mazzula combo might be your best bet.

Yeah you'll need more than a coilover kit. Definitely mazzula, Baja kits, or dirt king. They make mid to long travel kits that'll keep up or in some cases outperform the raptor. I mean be prepared to pay. Honestly you'd be better off just trading your truck in for a raptor all things considered. But yeah plan on an extra $10k, oh wheels and tires too.. $13k+

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your topic title got cut off, but I'm assuming you want your truck to run like a Raptor or something similar off road. Look into the Icon Stage 4 kit. That or something like a King/Mazzula combo might be your best bet.

Yeah you'll need more than a coilover kit. Definitely mazzula, Baja kits, or dirt king. They make mid to long travel kits that'll keep up or in some cases outperform the raptor. I mean be prepared to pay. Honestly you'd be better off just trading your truck in for a raptor all things considered. But yeah plan on an extra $10k, oh wheels and tires too.. $13k+

Yes, thanks guys! I don't really mind spending a shtton of money. It'll still be cheaper and sound better than the new raptor. I don't want a raptor as the sound and interior aren't what I'm looking for.

You can't be referring to this one, right? http://iconvehicledynamics.com/shop/complete-suspension-systems/677-2007-2016-gm-silverado-sierra-1500-1-3-suspension-system-stage4.html

You can't be referring to this one, right? http://iconvehicledynamics.com/shop/complete-suspension-systems/677-2007-2016-gm-silverado-sierra-1500-1-3-suspension-system-stage4.html

This one looks like it should do the trick for a start. Their long travel kit involves too much modification.

http://mzoffroad.com/14-15-chevy-mid-travel-kit.html

Wasn't sure how far you were willing to go. The Icon kit would add some decent travel compared to what you have now, but isn't going to turn it in to a full on baja style truck. Someone else on the board is running it with great success off road.

That said, if you are going all out, and money is no object, the Mazzulla kit is probably a good bet.

Wasn't sure how far you were willing to go. The Icon kit would add some decent travel compared to what you have now, but isn't going to turn it in to a full on baja style truck. Someone else on the board is running it with great success off road.

That said, if you are going all out, and money is no object, the Mazzulla kit is probably a good bet.

I think my best bet is baja kits' med travel prerunner kit. Should be better than the raptor and around $6k. I want the truck to be usable on the street and not too tall so it'll still fit in my garage. I don't want a race truck, just something I can keep up with a stock raptor with.

You can still build your own using a mid travel kit for a hell of a lot cheaper than 70k (Canadian starting price). You could buy a brand new SLE/LT for 37Cad and dump 10-15 into it and have a way better performing truck. Raptor is a stanced F150 with Fox 2.0's. A mazzula kit would make a mockery of it with a set of King's.

I think my best bet is baja kits' med travel prerunner kit. Should be better than the raptor and around $6k. I want the truck to be usable on the street and not too tall so it'll still fit in my garage. I don't want a race truck, just something I can keep up with a stock raptor with.

It should be pretty sweet man, way more than 6k but super sweet! Just the pre runner front only kit is $3700 w/o shocks lol

It should be pretty sweet man, way more than 6k but super sweet! Just the pre runner front only kit is $3700 w/o shocks lol

Already contacted them. About $6k with king 3.0s. about $1k less with 2.5s...Not including wheels and tires. I'll beef up the underside after.

-tapa

You can still build your own using a mid travel kit for a hell of a lot cheaper than 70k (Canadian starting price). You could buy a brand new SLE/LT for 37Cad and dump 10-15 into it and have a way better performing truck. Raptor is a stanced F150 with Fox 2.0's. A mazzula kit would make a mockery of it with a set of King's.

The old raptor used custom tunes fox 2.5 coilovers and the new one has a whole new suspension with custom tuned and valved Fox 3.0 coilovers that we can't even get for our trucks.

"The truck use's new 3.0-inch FOX shocks that give the truck 13 inches of overall suspension travel in front and 13.9 inches at the rear, an increase of nearly two inches compared to the previous Raptor fox 2.5 inch shocks"

This is a really good intro to offroad shocks. I think in this one he mentioned the Raptors shocks aren't really all that good for extended runs(+20-30mins) and you can get way more for your money going custom like you want. Check it out.

13:40 in discusses Raptor's shocks

I agree, your best bet imho is baja kits med prerunner with the king shocks. Of course, you will PAY big bucks but it will be a beautiful ride and I think will ride as good as and probably better than the Raptor

This is a really good intro to offroad shocks. I think in this one he mentioned the Raptors shocks aren't really all that good for extended runs(+20-30mins) and you can get way more for your money going custom like you want. Check it out.

Wow! That was a awesome and really informative video!

Thank you for this. No wonder King has the rep they do.

Archived