Has anyone replaced or modified the Park lamp leds? I did the tow mirror upgrade using ebay mirrors and some connectors from Phil, they worked great until the truck was washed at the Dealer and the Driver side park lamp leds quit. So I am looking to either replace them, or I might just black out both park lamps on the mirrors so it doesn't look so bad. Any suggestions or pointers to a thread on changing these?

Shout out to pgamboa. Replaced dl8 with dl3 mirrors I picked up off of CL, bought switch and harness from Phil. Everything works perfectly and Phil’s customer service is above par.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So after reading all 117 discussions , I haven't found anyone who was willing to try the upgrade on a 2014 chevy 1500. So my question is, why wouldn't a wiring harness from a 2014 chevy that already has the tow mirrors from the factory work?

Many have done this on a 2014. There are just more requirements to making it all work. GM didn’t land the tow mirror light circuits to the door jamb. Specifically, pins 9 and 11.

So this means an additional harness for the inside of the cabin is necessary.

8379c30d11ecd98213e3d6c66e5bd64a.jpg

I am about to try a tow mirror upgrade on a 2016 Chevy 2500hd duramax with I believe DL8 mirrors. ( heated and power glass only) I found mirrors on eBay that are GM replacement with the turn signal, marker light, back up light, power and heated glass. all the bells and whistles. lol. I know from reading your page here I need a harnesses upgrade. what do I need, where do I get it, do you sell and how much? I want to do this right. boost auto has mirrors and a harnesses mod all for around $640 total. they say their mirrors are USA made and that they wire them for you all you need to do is modify your harnesses you have already. i guess what I'm asking is which way is better, yours or theirs? Thanks in advance for any advice. you  have already helped a lot. Steve

• Like 1

I am about to try a tow mirror upgrade on a 2016 Chevy 2500hd duramax with I believe DL8 mirrors. ( heated and power glass only) I found mirrors on eBay that are GM replacement with the turn signal, marker light, back up light, power and heated glass. all the bells and whistles. lol. I know from reading your page here I need a harnesses upgrade. what do I need, where do I get it, do you sell and how much? I want to do this right. boost auto has mirrors and a harnesses mod all for around $640 total. they say their mirrors are USA made and that they wire them for you all you need to do is modify your harnesses you have already. i guess what I'm asking is which way is better, yours or theirs? Thanks in advance for any advice. you  have already helped a lot. Steve

Steve, this all depends on your DIY abilities :). In my video, I show how to remove the door panels, remove the harnesses, and swap the mirrors.

Cost difference...

PnP Harnesses - $285 for the set shipped anywhere in the US. $100 is refunded if you send me your factory harnesses. Making the net total for the harnesses $185.

DIY Kit - $65. With the DIY Kit, you are modifying your door harnesses then reinstalling.

So total price different between PnP harnesses vs DIY Kit is $120. With my kit, I include the diodes to make to your cargo lights on the mirrors come in when in reverse. I believe this is a $20 upcharge for theirs.

Hope this helps. As for the Mirrors themselves, watch out for the $200 Ebay/amazon one. The market is flooded with them and many of them are not wired to factory specs. Some will tie the turn signal and running light together, some have the adjust glass wiring on the passenger side backwards so up/down controls will love the mirror left/right and vice versa.

If you want to PM me the link to the mirrors you’re thinking I can maybe help you decide.

Thanks,

Phil

Finished installing my DL3 TO AMAUTO DQS mirrors on my 2016 LTZ. Couldn't have done it without Phil. He answered every question ASAP and his harnesses are top notch. He saved me a lot of money with his mirror recommendation. These look better than OEM mirrors, I think. 

Thanks, Phil.

20190203_083059.jpg

20190130_085554.jpg

20190130_085602.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Phil,

I have a brand new 2018 silverado Lt z71 with dl8 mirrors and I have auto darkening on the driver side.  What would I need in terms of a harness if any for this upgrade.  I am interested in adding in power folding to the truck.  I looked at other posts but no one mentioned the auto darkening so I wanted to make sure before I do anything.

Thanks 

• Like 1

Could you send the link to your rzy harness installation video? All the links take me to the mirror installation video! Thanks!

This video was made my Tinkering Fox and shows the details of the RZY Installation.