Hi Phil,

I have a brand new 2018 silverado Lt z71 with dl8 mirrors and I have auto darkening on the driver side.  What would I need in terms of a harness if any for this upgrade.  I am interested in adding in power folding to the truck.  I looked at other posts but no one mentioned the auto darkening so I wanted to make sure before I do anything.

Thanks 

You mean Driver Side Mirror dimming.

When I build the custom harnesses, I add this to the driver side harness, if you are upgrading from DL8 Mirrors to DL3 Mirrors. The driver side will dim once you replace the rear view mirror AND add the wiring for that. Once you do that, then the driver side mirror will dim. I sell that dimming rear view mirror harness for $75.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, pgamboa said:

You mean Driver Side Mirror dimming.

When I build the custom harnesses, I add this to the driver side harness, if you are upgrading from DL8 Mirrors to DL3 Mirrors. The driver side will dim once you replace the rear view mirror AND add the wiring for that. Once you do that, then the driver side mirror will dim. I sell that dimming rear view mirror harness for $75.

I have the autodim rear view and driverside already from factory. I'm curious if because I have the autodim mirrors if they would have already pinned the body side harness for the towing mirrors.

I have the autodim rear view and driverside already from factory. I'm curious if because I have the autodim mirrors if they would have already pinned the body side harness for the towing mirrors.

Do you have pics of the driver side mirror and the rear view mirror?

On 2/10/2019 at 1:14 PM, JYOUNG said:

Finished installing my DL3 TO AMAUTO DQS mirrors on my 2016 LTZ. Couldn't have done it without Phil. He answered every question ASAP and his harnesses are top notch. He saved me a lot of money with his mirror recommendation. These look better than OEM mirrors, I think. 

Thanks, Phil.

Are these the 1A Auto tow mirrors?

• Like 1

Are these the 1A Auto tow mirrors?

I’ve got a list of the equivalent mirrors that AM Auto sells for a little less. Anywhere from $20 - $100 difference for the same mirrors.

3 hours ago, pgamboa said:

I’ve got a list of the equivalent mirrors that AM Auto sells for a little less. Anywhere from $20 - $100 difference for the same mirrors.

I know you're slammed with PM's.  When you get an opportunity, if you could PM me, I'd like to know the cost to upgrade (harness and mirrors) from DL8 to DQS on a 2018 LTZ. 

I do not currently have mirror memory or power fold, just power adjustment and heat.  I'd like the DQS to have as many bells and whistles as humanly possible.

• Like 1

I know you're slammed with PM's.  When you get an opportunity, if you could PM me, I'd like to know the cost to upgrade (harness and mirrors) from DL8 to DQS on a 2018 LTZ. 
I do not currently have mirror memory or power fold, just power adjustment and heat.  I'd like the DQS to have as many bells and whistles as humanly possible.

If your truck did not come with power fold or memory, your trim should not be an LTZ. Likely an LT.

But send me a PM. DQS is Power Fold. I can source these from my supplier for $1058. Switch is $70. Harnesses are $285. $1413 total. $100 is refunded if you send me your factory harnesses.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if this is mentioned somewhere in this 116 page epic forum.. I have a 2015.5 High Country 2500HD that came factory equipped with the DL3 mirror. I also have a dealer friend who will so kindly donate his 2015.5 High Country 2500HD that came factory equipped with the DQS mirrors. I am just wanting to completely swap the two. Is this possible, and can I just swap the mirrors and harnesses to make everything work properly? Both trucks had the AVF code in RPO list in console not sure if that matters but think I read it somewhere.

Any help/guidance is much appreciated

• Like 1

I'm not sure if this is mentioned somewhere in this 116 page epic forum.. I have a 2015.5 High Country 2500HD that came factory equipped with the DL3 mirror. I also have a dealer friend who will so kindly donate his 2015.5 High Country 2500HD that came factory equipped with the DQS mirrors. I am just wanting to completely swap the two. Is this possible, and can I just swap the mirrors and harnesses to make everything work properly? Both trucks had the AVF code in RPO list in console not sure if that matters but think I read it somewhere.

Any help/guidance is much appreciated

Yup. This should be fine.

I spent about a week researching upgrading my mirrors from DL3 to Towing Mirrors on my 16 GMC Sierra SLT Z71. Phil was a huge help and was able to give some great advice and direction. I had spoken to 2 different dealerships and neither one could give me a definite answer about compatibility. Phil helped me with the harnesses that were needed to make the mirrors I purchased from https://www.1aauto.com/search?q=1AMRP01786+ work perfectly. Most importantly, I was able to keep all the functions my factory mirrors had (power fold, reverse tilt, turn signals, heat, memory, key fob fold and unfold). 

Phil, Thanks for the quick responses and the great harnesses that you made for me. I would agree that they were comparable to the factory harness that I pulled out of the truck. Quality product you have sir!!