What if i replace de door panel harness dl8 with the dl3?

Nope. DL3 relies on Seat memory. The fold circuit, passenger side adjust circuits, and 1/2 the driver side adjust go through the seat memory module.

You cannot use any DL3 harness for this upgrade. I did exactly what you did and how this thread originally started.

You need a custom DL8 harness from me, or my DIY Kit for your to modify your DL8 Harness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, so now i have 4 harness that are not good, how long does it take for you to send the harness?  With your harness i would get the folding, puddle lights, heater and signal right?

Sorry to hear.. but yeah. If you have DL3 harnesses, those are no good.

I am currently about 12-15 days lead time, then 2-3 days shipping. This time of the year is busy since it’s tax season. Trying to improve to 7-10 days...

PM me to order and get on the build list.

I have a 2018 Silverado LT with DL8 mirrors.  When ordering DQS mirrors from the dealer, they mentioned that harnesses 84290984 (left side) and 84290964 (right side) would work to make the DQS fully functional.  Can anyone confirm if this is true?

Would the haress support the power folding feature by replacing just the mirror switch?  Will the drivers side auto dimming function if I install the auto dimming rearview mirror and harness from pgamboa?

Thanks in advance for the help.  I'm addicted to this forum now after getting my truck.

I just purchased a 2016 Silverado 2500 LT and I have the small mirrors manual fold but power adjust . Do I need a harness if I want to go to tow mirrors , manual fold but I want the power adjust, blinker light and courtesy light to work ?  

2 hours ago, Dd289 said:

I just purchased a 2016 Silverado 2500 LT and I have the small mirrors manual fold but power adjust . Do I need a harness if I want to go to tow mirrors , manual fold but I want the power adjust, blinker light and courtesy light to work ?  

Yes.  Simply because the factory harness you have won't have the lighting circuits in them.

I have a 2018 Silverado WT with the wifi.

My truck came with the heated standard mirror, and I have upgraded to the heated towing mirrow with turn signal (DPN)a

The body side connector has all the pins required to connect the turn signal/cargo/park lamps.  Does anyone have the PN for the TE receptacles that goes on the doors side.  The mirrors I bought have a seperate connector  that all I have to do is zip ties these 3 wires to the existing harness and get it to the door side.

• Like 1

I have a 2018 Silverado WT with the wifi.

My truck came with the heated standard mirror, and I have upgraded to the heated towing mirrow with turn signal (DPN)a

The body side connector has all the pins required to connect the turn signal/cargo/park lamps.  Does anyone have the PN for the TE receptacles that goes on the doors side.  The mirrors I bought have a seperate connector  that all I have to do is zip ties these 3 wires to the existing harness and get it to the door side.

For $65, I have a DIY Kit for you to add to your factory harnesses so that it is a clean OEM method for the modification. I presume your mirror has a 4-pin connector with a disconnect for you to hardwire?

Is there anything specific (such as the wiring harness) I would need to go from the DL8 to the DPN mirrors? I have a 2017 GMC 1500 5.3gas truck. Any insight would be appreciated. 

Yes. DPN Mirrors has light circuits.. so a harness is needed. Or you can modify your own harnesses with my DIY Kit. Either way, I have a solution for ya.

On 3/11/2019 at 5:05 AM, CamaroRS said:

I have a 2018 Silverado LT with DL8 mirrors.  When ordering DQS mirrors from the dealer, they mentioned that harnesses 84290984 (left side) and 84290964 (right side) would work to make the DQS fully functional.  Can anyone confirm if this is true?

Would the harness support the power folding feature by replacing just the mirror switch?  Will the drivers side auto dimming function if I install the auto dimming rearview mirror and harness from pgamboa?

Thanks in advance for the help.  I'm addicted to this forum now after getting my truck.

Bumping this question since it may have gotten lost in the recent posts.  Would GM harnesses 84290984 and 84290964 work for converted DL8 to DQS tow mirrors, or is it easier to just modify my existing harness to get full functionality of DQS mirrors?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pgamboa said:

Yes. DPN Mirrors has light circuits.. so a harness is needed. Or you can modify your own harnesses with my DIY Kit. Either way, I have a solution for ya.

Perfect. Whatcha got?

• Like 1

Phil,

Yes there is a seperate 4 wire quick connect for the wires, or it can plug into the factory (correct harness).

It is a company owned vehicle (but my daily driver), so not really wanting to put much money into something that is not mine.  

• Like 1