Hi. I’m new to the form. I have a 2019 gmc 2500hd with the dpn tow mirrors and would like to upgrade to the gm oem  dqs tow mirrors. The dpn  mirrors have heat, turn signals, running, and cargo lights. Would I need to replace the door harness? I know I need to add a power fold switch. Any help would be appreciated.

• Like 1

Hi. I’m new to the form. I have a 2019 gmc 2500hd with the dpn tow mirrors and would like to upgrade to the gm oem  dqs tow mirrors. The dpn  mirrors have heat, turn signals, running, and cargo lights. Would I need to replace the door harness? I know I need to add a power fold switch. Any help would be appreciated.

Nope. Just swap in DQS Mirrors and a new switch

I can source both items if needed.

$1058 - DQS Mirrors
$70 - Switch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got my tow mirror project all finished up yesterday.  I decided to go with the 1A Auto Trailridge mirror and can't be happier.  I really want to thank @pgamboa for all of the fantastic information.  I replaced a set of DL3 mirrors on my 2014 Silverado.  In addition to the mirrors, I had to install the RZY harness to provide circuitry to the door connectors, and also ordered a kit from Phil to modify my door harnesses.  With the videos that Phil has done, all of the pictures, and the wiring kit with great pictures and instructions, completing my upgrade was easy and satisfying!  The new mirrors look great and I am very happy.  Unfortunately, I was rear ended at high speed by an uninsured, unlicensed driver early this morning.  He hit me so hard that the frame and the bed of the truck bowed.  He bent my bumper and my class I receiver hitch down 12 inches.  He also caused two other drivers to plow into us creating a huge mess.  I was the only one who drove away.  Unfortunately, I turn my truck in tomorrow for a complete frame replacement and a new bed.  They will have it for a minimum of a month.  Thankful that I am okay with only some soreness, but am really upset that my truck was damaged so badly and that I will lose her for at least a month.   Thanks again Phil, for all the help you've given everyone here!!

Front Left Quarter.jpg

Front Right Quarter.jpg

• Like 1

Hey guys I have a 2015 Silverado with the regular car style mirrors power with heat option, my uncle got me a set of the tow mirrors however when I put the mirrors on I have no power to the mirrors or any lights. Phil I know you make the harnesses to fix these and was just wondering how to go about ordering them from you 

94997737-3D8E-42F3-B48F-E53807743EEB.jpeg

• Like 1

Got my tow mirror project all finished up yesterday.  I decided to go with the 1A Auto Trailridge mirror and can't be happier.  I really want to thank [mention=159655]pgamboa[/mention] for all of the fantastic information.  I replaced a set of DL3 mirrors on my 2014 Silverado.  In addition to the mirrors, I had to install the RZY harness to provide circuitry to the door connectors, and also ordered a kit from Phil to modify my door harnesses.  With the videos that Phil has done, all of the pictures, and the wiring kit with great pictures and instructions, completing my upgrade was easy and satisfying!  The new mirrors look great and I am very happy.  Unfortunately, I was rear ended at high speed by an uninsured, unlicensed driver early this morning.  He hit me so hard that the frame and the bed of the truck bowed.  He bent my bumper and my class I receiver hitch down 12 inches.  He also caused two other drivers to plow into us creating a huge mess.  I was the only one who drove away.  Unfortunately, I turn my truck in tomorrow for a complete frame replacement and a new bed.  They will have it for a minimum of a month.  Thankful that I am okay with only some soreness, but am really upset that my truck was damaged so badly and that I will lose her for at least a month.   Thanks again Phil, for all the help you've given everyone here!!
5cd2612002313_FrontLeftQuarter.thumb.jpg.36e273c0bb67246ff257288111c8268b.jpg
5cd2612c2a78e_FrontRightQuarter.thumb.jpg.5ffeeb9eecf06e0ed52249421ef40ae3.jpg

Thanks for sharing for experience with me. Really sorry to hear what happened, but glad you came out ok from it.

Hey guys I have a 2015 Silverado with the regular car style mirrors power with heat option, my uncle got me a set of the tow mirrors however when I put the mirrors on I have no power to the mirrors or any lights. Phil I know you make the harnesses to fix these and was just wondering how to go about ordering them from you 
94997737-3D8E-42F3-B48F-E53807743EEB.jpeg.77e98a7b6c3ba2954bc73e5d09d7f917.jpeg

Send me a PM so we can go over things. You shouldn’t have lost power to them.

Hello everyone - Great detailed posts and report on how to change Silverado truck mirrors to the upgraded modifications.  I have a question and Im hoping that someone can help. I just purchased a 2014 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT2 truck. The previous owner removed the stock mirrors and installed the Power Heated Red Chevron Turn Signal Manual-Folding Textured Black Manual-Telescoping Towing Mirror Pair. I took my truck to the dealership because the turn signals are not working in the mirrors, they advised the wire harness doesn't support the turn signals, which I already gathered from your thread. I dont want to change the mirrors as they look new. What would I need to do to get the mirror signals working. They only need a power and ground signal that would come from when the front signals get their power. Phil, do you sell a plug and play for this as well? I dont need the fully functional one, as I dont have power open and close or any running lights or puddle lights, etc. I can also provide further details on my truck if needed. Thanks. 

• Like 1

Hello everyone - Great detailed posts and report on how to change Silverado truck mirrors to the upgraded modifications.  I have a question and Im hoping that someone can help. I just purchased a 2014 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT2 truck. The previous owner removed the stock mirrors and installed the Power Heated Red Chevron Turn Signal Manual-Folding Textured Black Manual-Telescoping Towing Mirror Pair. I took my truck to the dealership because the turn signals are not working in the mirrors, they advised the wire harness doesn't support the turn signals, which I already gathered from your thread. I dont want to change the mirrors as they look new. What would I need to do to get the mirror signals working. They only need a power and ground signal that would come from when the front signals get their power. Phil, do you sell a plug and play for this as well? I dont need the fully functional one, as I dont have power open and close or any running lights or puddle lights, etc. I can also provide further details on my truck if needed. Thanks. 

I’ve got a DIY Wire Kit that is a much lower cost alternative to the complete PnP door harnesses. Since you only need the turn signal and ground circuits I can do build one for 1/2 the cost of normal $65 DIY Kit. PM and can work it up for you.

Just did the Tow Mirror Upgrade on my 2017 Silverado High Country today.  A couple of weeks ago I got with Phil Gamboa about switching out my DL3 mirrors for towing mirrors.  He suggested the 1AMPR01786 for my particular application.    I had the DL3 mirrors and seat memory already so all I needed from Phil were his replacement wire harnesses.   I did the seat memory mod and the reverse/backup lights per Phil’s instructions as well.  His wiring harness was a direct fit so the R&R was very easy.  

Phil’s excellent video and the instructions for the seat memory and reverse light mod made this a very easy and satisfying project.  Here are a few photos of the finished product.

75A8EC94-A2F3-433A-87C7-C5C52E78F1AD.jpeg

I have a 2017 Silverado High Country with the DL3 mirrors and seat memory.  With the help of @Pgamboa I purchased the 1AMPR01786 full function Towing Mirrors.  He made me new door harnesses and provided the upgrade needed to turn the towing mirrors into the full functions of the DL3 mirrors.  I followed his excellent video and the installation of the new mirrors went off without a hitch.  The new towing mirrors have all the functions of the old DL3's but the view is so much better.  And now it will be a lot easier for towing my 26' car hauler. Here are some photos of the finished product. 

IMG_0646.jpg

IMG_0645.jpg

IMG_0644.jpg

653_K4J5U_05_10_2016_002.jpg

• Like 1

Earlier this year I installed 1AMRP01771 mirrors on my 2017  Silverado with Phil's harnesses.

I am very pleased with the mirrors; the only complaint I have is I get a slight whistle while driving down the road that is not present when the mirrors are folded.  I think the whistle is coming from where the forward part of the running light lens meets the front mirror plastic.  I cannot hear it with windows up, only with windows down, and it is little more than an annoyance that I think a clear piece of packing tape can fix.

For saving more than $500 compared to installing factory DQS mirrors, I can live with a bit of wind noise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, e181ds said:

Are you happy with the quality of the mirrors themselves?  I am torn between the OEM and less expensive aftermarkets.

I am very happy with the mirrors so far.  I have been out on I-95 and didn't hear any unusual noises.  The view out of theses mirrors is great.  Lots of mirror to see whats going on.

• Like 1