In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

I popped the puddle light out of the mirror and cut the black wire on both puddle lights. The turn signals work on both mirrors and they fold correctly.

Gotcha. You just snipped the wire for the puddle light itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought the trail ridge tow mirrors and im about to put in an order for phils harness
But i noticed my tow mirror has the blue wire”marking lamps” not in the connector and says i should hardwire it, but if i use phils harness i dont need to so my question is where do i connect this blue wire into? The instructions from them arent goodIMG_1885.jpg7ad68f02f689f768b7d877d250b9cc0e.jpg

• Like 1

I bought the trail ridge tow mirrors and im about to put in an order for phils harness
But i noticed my tow mirror has the blue wire”marking lamps” not in the connector and says i should hardwire it, but if i use phils harness i dont need to so my question is where do i connect this blue wire into? The instructions from them arent goodIMG_1885.thumb.jpg.f927143f305fd60ea5aa97c5cf784ebe.jpg7ad68f02f689f768b7d877d250b9cc0e.jpg

I guess my main questions are do i need to repin the connector for the mirror and is there a pinout that i can go by?

But i noticed my tow mirror has the blue wire”marking lamps” not in the connector and says i should hardwire it, but if i use phils harness i dont need to so my question is where do i connect this blue wire into? The instructions from them arent goodIMG_1885.thumb.jpg.f927143f305fd60ea5aa97c5cf784ebe.jpg7ad68f02f689f768b7d877d250b9cc0e.jpg

I supply pigtails for that part . It’ll land onto an open position in the connector and my custom harness will be wired for it.

I supply pigtails for that part . It’ll land onto an open position in the connector and my custom harness will be wired for it.

So to make sure i do not have to repin the connector on my mirror? I want to make this install as smooth as possible lol thanks phil

• Like 1

I just bought a 2016 Sierra yesterday. The dealer listed it as having power folding mirrors, and it has the button for folding but when I press it I just hear a click and nothing happens. It has the towing mirrors on it. How can I tell if they are the DPN or if they're the DQS but just not working?

• Like 1

I just bought a 2016 Sierra yesterday. The dealer listed it as having power folding mirrors, and it has the button for folding but when I press it I just hear a click and nothing happens. It has the towing mirrors on it. How can I tell if they are the DPN or if they're the DQS but just not working?

Take the door panel off, unplug the mirror and snap pics of the mirror connector so I can see the pins. Only need to do one side...

Posted (edited)

OK, so I finally got around to installing the door harness and re-pinning the BCM (early 2015 2500hd)  that I ordered months ago. Everything works correctly on the driver's side, power fold - blinker - cargo/courtesy LED light - amber running light. On the passenger's side, everything works with the exception of the cargo/courtesy LED light. I am at work today, so can't pull the passenger side wiring apart until later, but if everything looks ok, is this a common issue (like, hey - you missed this step) or is it possible the LED light is bad. If it is a bad light, can those be changed? Thanks! 

Edited by kevin74
Incorrect light name

OK, so I finally got around to installing the door harness and re-pinning the BCM (early 2015 2500hd)  that I ordered months ago. Everything works correctly on the driver's side, power fold - blinker - cargo/courtesy LED light - amber running light. On the passenger's side, everything works with the exception of the cargo/courtesy LED light. I am at work today, so can't pull the passenger side wiring apart until later, but if everything looks ok, is this a common issue (like, hey - you missed this step) or is it possible the LED light is bad. If it is a bad light, can those be changed? Thanks! 

Kevin, one way to test the light itself is to use a 9V battery or 12V (if you have one) and apply direct power to the light and see if it comes on.

Unplug the mirror from the harness and see pic.

Apply + power to the cargo light circuit and - power to the ground and see if it lights up.

00684de5255ca7db7ff65bc169183d74.jpg

9 hours ago, kevin74 said:

Found my problem. Cargo light pin wasn't seated correctly. I pulled the plug, re-seated pin, and everything works as advertised. Awesome mod!

20190722_210821.jpg

53 minutes ago, pgamboa said:

Kevin, one way to test the light itself is to use a 9V battery or 12V (if you have one) and apply direct power to the light and see if it comes on.

Unplug the mirror from the harness and see pic.

Apply + power to the cargo light circuit and - power to the ground and see if it lights up.

00684de5255ca7db7ff65bc169183d74.jpg

Thank you so much! Found that I didn't seat the cargo light pin correctly. Everything works now, awesome service, thank you!

• Like 1

Thank you so much! Found that I didn't seat the cargo light pin correctly. Everything works now, awesome service, thank you!

Nice work!

I have a 2017 Silverado 1500 LTZ and I want to add tow mirrors and keep the power fold and defrost option my current mirrors have. Is there any tow mirrors out there that will just plug and play without having to do any harnesses or re-wiring ? 

I have a 2017 Silverado 1500 LTZ and I want to add tow mirrors and keep the power fold and defrost option my current mirrors have. Is there any tow mirrors out there that will just plug and play without having to do any harnesses or re-wiring ? 

Most power fold tow mirrors will have new lighting features. So if you don’t care about those lights working right, then the heat, power adjust, power fold with be PnP.