On 9/10/2019 at 6:44 PM, aleeuw said:

Phil, I have a set of DL3s from when I switched if you are interested. Tried selling them around me but no bites. They are in excellent condition. 

Email me pics and year it came from.  [email protected]

On 9/10/2019 at 8:06 AM, gapple12 said:

I'm curious, would i need a new harness since my current mirrors already have the power fold and blinker feature ?

The mirrors I want are the OEMassive Power Fold mirrors 

Link:

http://oemassive.com/2x-power-folding-heat-led-turn-chrome-towing-mirror-for-14-18-silverado-sierra/

What year truck and trim do you have?  Sounds like you have DL3 Mirrors with Seat Memory.  I am always leary with aftermarket tow mirrors as MANY of them are not wired to GM Specs.  These might be ok since they have a dedicated turn signal in the glass and a separate amber running light.  Many of these mirrors will have those 2 circuits tied together.  This is an issue if this is the case.  So if you are certain these are the mirrors, keep in mind...that while you will retain power fold, you will lose features tied to memory.   Features like reverse tilt, key fob fold, mirror memory, etc. 

On 9/10/2019 at 1:59 PM, xps800doo said:

134 PAGES..... ? DO YOU HAVE DPN TO DQS ON YOUR CLIP BOARD TO PASTE??

:) Right :) 

34 minutes ago, pgamboa said:

Email me pics and year it came from.  [email protected]

What year truck and trim do you have?  Sounds like you have DL3 Mirrors with Seat Memory.  I am always leary with aftermarket tow mirrors as MANY of them are not wired to GM Specs.  These might be ok since they have a dedicated turn signal in the glass and a separate amber running light.  Many of these mirrors will have those 2 circuits tied together.  This is an issue if this is the case.  So if you are certain these are the mirrors, keep in mind...that while you will retain power fold, you will lose features tied to memory.   Features like reverse tilt, key fob fold, mirror memory, etc. 

:) Right :) 

2017 1500 Silverado LTZ, has power fold, reverse tilt, and remote fold from fob. I would have thought the mirror features are built into the truck computer,  not in the mirror ? There perfect condition if you would like to buy them. 

11 minutes ago, gapple12 said:

2017 1500 Silverado LTZ, has power fold, reverse tilt, and remote fold from fob. I would have thought the mirror features are built into the truck computer,  not in the mirror ? There perfect condition if you would like to buy them. 

The mirrors get their power from the door harnesses.  So that's what needs to get swapped out.  Send this info to me in your last PM so we can retain context :) Thanks!

Has anyone purchased the AM Autoparts tow mirrors part number 255833296 for their truck? They appear to be very similar to 1aauto mirrors with a bit of savings.

https://www.am-autoparts.com/products/side-view-mirrors/AM-2558332961.html

Has anyone purchased the AM Autoparts tow mirrors part number 255833296 for their truck? They appear to be very similar to 1aauto mirrors with a bit of savings.

https://www.am-autoparts.com/products/side-view-mirrors/AM-2558332961.html

Yep. Same as 1AMRP01786.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

I got these power fold tow mirrors off eBay last week for my 17 LTZ Chevy. Anyone know what the 4 wires in the white plug should go to ? I’m sure there for the reverse LEDs but why is there 4 wires ??
5FEB031A-A55C-498B-806C-371910FD3DB8.thumb.jpeg.3dac5f3d24dca6eba43b70e8e3f8e9a0.jpeg
29B5D786-2239-47A2-9B75-1AE70DA98A0E.thumb.jpeg.70666e519fe6619581ebcf45c0a34a5f.jpeg

Running light, turn signal, park lamps and ground.

Sad they didn’t land them into the mirror connector? Have a link to these?

Ok so I have a 2017 2500hd duramax with non tow mirrors. Just powered mirrors manual fold.. to get the same thing in a tow mirror I'll need one with the k40? 

If your existing passenger mirror has the temp sensor probe on the bottom, you’ll want to do ensure the new mirror has it.

10 minutes ago, pgamboa said:

If your existing passenger mirror has the temp sensor probe on the bottom, you’ll want to do ensure the new mirror has it.

Alright so I purchased boost auto old style mirror with the sensor. Now I'm getting a ambiant temp code after install 

20190926_203442.jpg

16 minutes ago, pgamboa said:

Running light, turn signal, park lamps and ground.

Sad they didn’t land them into the mirror connector? Have a link to these?

Here is the link below. So is the black the ground you think ? Do you have a wiring harness for this application ?

link to mirrors 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F323878914167

I gotta give credit where credit is due. I reached out to pgamboa and explained to him that I had DL3 mirrors and wanted the DQS tow mirrors with full factory functionality. I wanted everything OEM. He answered all my questions and shipped out 2 of his built door harnesses and 2 brand new DQS mirrors right to my door. Install was a breeze, took 2 hours and everything fit exactly where it is supposed to be. Everything is truly as easy as plug and play with pgamboa. Definitely one of my favorite mods so far, more to come. Just wanted to say thanks to pgamboa and reassure anyone considering going this route to go ahead and trust the mirror god on this forum haha. Thanks again!

Also, if anyone is swapping to DL3 mirrors, i now have them for sale, PM me if interested.

• Like 3