I'm thinking about going from a DL8 to DL3.  Do the colored covers pop off easy to keep the original color if I buy different colored ones? 

Also, where is a good place to get the door switch?  I'd expect that there would be a few pairs of dl3's  around here from towing mirror upgrades.  I'd be interested.  Of course the harnesses would come from pgamboa.  :)

Thanks!

Edited by Pope

42 minutes ago, gabbygenier said:

Just want to say thanks to@pgamboa for doing this write-up and for the DIY harness. Easy to do and easy to follow steps.

Also. For anyone that screw up like me and puts the wire in the wrong hole for the X510/X610 you can remove it with a small screwdriver. Just put it in the hole above the pin and push out. Hard to see but I took a pic of how I did it below.

f235b65a040742ebf977bc0388047fcb.jpg

ba0b64c01da1d5feacdecbb81a229d07.jpg

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing!  Looks great!

6 minutes ago, Pope said:

I'm thinking about going from a DL8 to DL3.  Do the colored covers pop off easy to keep the original color if I buy different colored ones? 

Thanks!

Yep.  I made video of that here.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWm-_B91Tos&t=122s

1 hour ago, gabbygenier said:

Just want to say thanks to@pgamboa for doing this write-up and for the DIY harness. Easy to do and easy to follow steps.

Also. For anyone that screw up like me and puts the wire in the wrong hole for the X510/X610 you can remove it with a small screwdriver. Just put it in the hole above the pin and push out. Hard to see but I took a pic of how I did it below.

ba0b64c01da1d5feacdecbb81a229d07.jpg

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Hi Gab, this is a little off topic, but which mirrors are they on your truck? They don't look like the 1A Auto mirrors. Are they OEM? (Part #23372182)

15 minutes ago, Flameout said:

Hi Gab, this is a little off topic, but which mirrors are they on your truck? They don't look like the 1A Auto mirrors. Are they OEM? (Part #23372182)

I got a set of OEM power folds for a good deal locally someone was selling. I got the chrome caps painted black so maybe that's why they dont look like OEM or aftermarket.

Only the one side had a sticker with a part number and it was 84041609. Not sure if that helps

3 hours ago, gabbygenier said:

Every time I see a Midnight truck just like mine with tow mirrors it makes me wish I had tow mirrors.

Truck doesn't quite feel big enough to me so I guess that is how I'm convincing myself that I'm okay without tow mirrors!  I just bought some DL3's and the harness to add all the cool stuff; power fold, flood lamps, blah blah blah, etc.

Still not tow mirrors though... truck looks sexy!

12 minutes ago, xSHIFTxNASTYx said:

Every time I see a Midnight truck just like mine with tow mirrors it makes me wish I had tow mirrors.

Truck doesn't quite feel big enough to me so I guess that is how I'm convincing myself that I'm okay without tow mirrors!  I just bought some DL3's and the harness to add all the cool stuff; power fold, flood lamps, blah blah blah, etc.

Still not tow mirrors though... truck looks sexy!

Thanks!! i like it more with the tow mirrors now haha.

I was going to get the DL3 mirrors but the wife didn't want to drive with the camper behind without the tow mirrors so it was a good excuse to get them haha. And coincidentally as i started vaguely looking someone was selling these locally for 550$ (Canadian) with the harness, although he sent me the stock harnesses and not the tow mirror ones but was an easy fix with the DIY kit from Phil. I just have a spare DL8 harness now or can sell it with my current DL8 mirrors. 

2 hours ago, gabbygenier said:

I got a set of OEM power folds for a good deal locally someone was selling. I got the chrome caps painted black so maybe that's why they dont look like OEM or aftermarket.

Only the one side had a sticker with a part number and it was 84041609. Not sure if that helps

Ok, thanks. I'd love to get a set of those, especially the power folding. I'll probably go with the OEM manual folding but now I know the part number of the power folding.  The Boost auto mirrors are just too damn expensive for aftermarket and I just don't like the looks of the 1A auto mirrors (unless they would incorporate the turn signal into the glass)

17 minutes ago, Flameout said:

Ok, thanks. I'd love to get a set of those, especially the power folding. I'll probably go with the OEM manual folding but now I know the part number of the power folding.  The Boost auto mirrors are just too damn expensive for aftermarket and I just don't like the looks of the 1A auto mirrors (unless they would incorporate the turn signal into the glass)

Ya they were not cheap but I paid 550$ (canadian) with harness (wrong harness though so had to do the DIY kit) but considering the mirrors alone sell new for 800 plus tax here it was worth it.

Hi pgamboa i have a 2017 Silverado LT an I want to upgrade towing mirrors do you know if my truck has already 9 11 41 pins on the actual  body harness I just got to run the wires for the door harness

• Like 1

Are there any power fold tow mirrors out there that look like OEM (w/signal in glass) in the price range of the 1A auto mirrors? OEM are almost $1,000 for the pair and the Boost Auto ones aren't much less. If 1A would put the signal in the glass, I'd order today.

I have so many different part numbers written down that I get a headache trying to decipher lol.

I have a 2017 with DL8 mirrors and would ideally like power folding OEM which I believe are part numbers 84228900 and 84228899 (black) or manual folding 23372182, which are half the price of power folding. I see many cheaper variations out there, but it seems you get what you pay for with these mirrors, so I want to make sure to get it right the first time

• Like 1

New Member here.

I'm in the process of installing tow mirrors on my 2015 Silverado WT with the work truck convenience package.

I've used pinouts number 9 and 11 on the driver's to get my clearance lights and cargo lights working.

This pinouts will not work though on the passenger side.

Could someone tell me what pins I should be using on the passenger side

Regards Bill

Problem fixed

Edited by hawkgt
Problem fixed

OK, I have been out of the mirror talk for awhile, about 3 years ago, with pgamboa help, I wired in my own harness and installed Chinese mirrors. My right heated mirror cracked awhile ago and I have been unable to find a replacement glass. Today I got a steal on a couple of Factory mirrors Part numbers# Left 84041601 and Right 84041617, the Right mirror has what looks like a Temp sensor built in?  They have 4 bolts ( Been so long I don't recall what mine had) I am wondering if these will even fit my 2016 Silverado, it came with stock heated, turn signal in glass mirrors.  Any info would be greatly appreciated so I don't have to pull a door panel just to do a test fit. Thank you in advance. 

• Like 1

Are there any power fold tow mirrors out there that look like OEM (w/signal in glass) in the price range of the 1A auto mirrors? OEM are almost $1,000 for the pair and the Boost Auto ones aren't much less. If 1A would put the signal in the glass, I'd order today.

I have so many different part numbers written down that I get a headache trying to decipher lol.

I have a 2017 with DL8 mirrors and would ideally like power folding OEM which I believe are part numbers 84228900 and 84228899 (black) or manual folding 23372182, which are half the price of power folding. I see many cheaper variations out there, but it seems you get what you pay for with these mirrors, so I want to make sure to get it right the first time

$1000 for the pair sounds eight. I can get them for $1058 for the set, shipped anywhere in the US.

Manual fold set is $495 (black), $555 (Chrome).

There are MANY power fold aftermarket mirrors out and you do get what you pay for. If you decide to settle for an aftermarket option, be sure you have a recourse for return if your not satisfied.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk