I have a 2015 Denali Duramax with the power folding, heated, regular size mirrors with turn signal, memory tilt, auto darkening, fold from key fob...

if I bought the towing mirrors with all of those electrical characteristics is it an exact plug-and-play? Without having to re-wire?

I have a 2015 Denali Duramax with the power folding, heated, regular size mirrors with turn signal, memory tilt, auto darkening, fold from key fob...
if I bought the towing mirrors with all of those electrical characteristics is it an exact plug-and-play? Without having to re-wire?

You’ll need harnesses for sure. The new tow mirrors that support the memory options will have new lighting features that your current harnesses don’t support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

O.K. guy's recently purchased d3 mirrors from a forum member and also purchased the GM switch (thanks pgamboa) for the part number. I will soon be sending the harness to Phil for harness upgrade. My question is about the switch, it seems to have a middle switch that my old one does not. I'm going to assume it's  for the  RV mirror? I don't have a power  RV mirror. Is this the only function of the new switch? If so would my original switch work for the power mirrors only?

O.K. guy's recently purchased d3 mirrors from a forum member and also purchased the GM switch (thanks pgamboa) for the part number. I will soon be sending the harness to Phil for harness upgrade. My question is about the switch, it seems to have a middle switch that my old one does not. I'm going to assume it's  for the  RV mirror? I don't have a power  RV mirror. Is this the only function of the new switch? If so would my original switch work for the power mirrors only?
The extra position, I would guess, is for the power FOLDING option

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I bought a 2015 2500 Silverado w after market tow mirrors. There is an awful whistle sound From the driver side window when driving on the highway i can’t pin point it. I think it’s the mirrors. Anyone hear of this issue before? It’s driving me crazy - any hep would be greatly appreciated 

I bought a 2015 2500 Silverado w after market tow mirrors. There is an awful whistle sound From the driver side window when driving on the highway i can’t pin point it. I think it’s the mirrors. Anyone hear of this issue before? It’s driving me crazy - any hep would be greatly appreciated 
I know with the older models, the windshield trim would cause that problem. My 2004 was pretty bad at around 70 mph. Maybe it could be the same with the 2015?

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

On 11/29/2019 at 10:42 PM, pgamboa said:

You’ll need harnesses for sure. The new tow mirrors that support the memory options will have new lighting features that your current harnesses don’t support.

How do I go about ordering the harness from you?
would I simply replace my existing harness with yours, or would I have to do re-wiring at the circuitboard?

You can send me an email at [email protected] or you can use the Contact Us form on the website HarnessDR.com

I’ll need to validate your needs.

I was originally looking at converting my (2018 LT) DL8 mirrors to tow mirrors, but the harnesses, plus around $700 in mirrors and switching had me hesitant to pull the trigger.

Luckily, I found a guy locally who had a set of 2015 Denali DL3 mirrors available for $100. (He had previously upgraded to OEM tow mirrors)..

I committed to buy and he told me he also found the Denali DL3 door harnesses and he was going to throw them in “since he didn’t need them”..

Long story short, now, I’m going from DL8->DL3 and will have factory door harnesses.

Phil,
I would like to make sure the DL3s will function as intended (my truck doesn’t have memory option, but it does have dimming rear view mirror). I have the correct mirror adjust switch coming for the push button fold.

What do I need from you in order to make sure the door harnesses receive proper signal from the BCM?

Are you interested in my “old” LT harnesses that I’ll have left over after I swap out for the Denali door harnesses..?

• Like 1

I am beyond frustrated with this.  I bought a 2016 2500HD with the DL3 mirrors.  The truck was setup wit the DL3 mirrors that were power folding and worked on my truck at the time of purchase.  When they swapped the DL3 mirrors to the DPN towing mirrors I was told after the fact that the power folding won't work.  I have talked to more and more people and I keep getting the answer of "you can't have power folding on your truck".  This is unacceptable.  WIth more research I found that all I need are the DQS mirrors and the wiring harness Part # 84041609 - Driver and Part # 23351798 - Passenger (Diesel - K40).  I recently called the dealer to start this process over and I was informed that those wiring harnesses were installed in my truck when they did the original mirror swap.  So I asked again, so all I need are the DQS mirrors and I should be good to go.  After the dealer did some research and called Chevrolet tech support line for dealerships.  I was again told no.  And the reason that was given was that there were many other parts and the computer software won't allow it.  Again I find this answer not satisfying.  What I am having a hard time with is the fact I had power folding with the DL3, so that would tell me the software in my truck understands power folding.  SO WHY ON EARTH CAN'T I JUST ADD THE DQS mirrors?  Can anyone help me?!?!?

• Like 1