Alright so I purchased boost auto old style mirror with the sensor. Now I'm getting a ambiant temp code after install 
20190926_203442.thumb.jpg.4f3779b9b33c2ad53a0bebdc737c632b.jpg

Have you tried clearing the error?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 2015 ltz with power fold and everything. I ordered a set of tow mirrors to replace the factory little ones, the tow mirrors I have bought has power everything including power fold. Now when I change the mirrors where my truck is already equipped with power fold and everything else will I have to do anything extra or is a plug and play and everything should work? Let me know thanks

Before i bug the master about a  harness......Has anyone added a puddle to a OEM set? I have DL3 with memory and want the same DQS on a 16 LTZ Crew with a puddle if possible.

I prefer the blinker in the mirror but mostly want a dependable folder. I fold at least 5 times per day but trying to get that number up.lol.

Thanks ya'll!

Joe

IMG_3081.jpg

Edited by Megawolf

I have a 2015 ltz with power fold and everything. I ordered a set of tow mirrors to replace the factory little ones, the tow mirrors I have bought has power everything including power fold. Now when I change the mirrors where my truck is already equipped with power fold and everything else will I have to do anything extra or is a plug and play and everything should work? Let me know thanks

No. The lights won’t work like they’re supposed to. Also, need to understand if you’re an early 2015 or mid year. If early, you’ll need an additional harness for the inside cabin/under the hood.

Here is how you can determine.

If you’re missing pins 9 and 11, you’re early 2015 and need the additional cabin harness.

e03177f35edf34dc3e0d18a83ee630af.jpg

Before i bug the master about a  harness......Has anyone added a puddle to a OEM set? I have DL3 with memory and want the same DQS on a 16 LTZ Crew with a puddle if possible.

I prefer the blinker in the mirror but mostly want a dependable folder. I fold at least 5 times per day but trying to get that number up.lol.

Thanks ya'll!

Joe

IMG_3081.thumb.jpg.57c2a51c6117cc5207d3a491d6de3233.jpg

Puddle light to an OEM tow mirror? Like this? I did this for a local customer. I had an extra broken set of trail ridge mirrors that had the puddle lamp. I took it off and transferred it over.

ae0224662e50f149a9ca5378535bb7ee.jpg

• Like 1

Yes sir!

This is the mirror set from Trail Ridge (sold by 1A Auto and AM Auto). The set was damaged so I was able to remove the lower knuckle cap off of them and use them in his build. I don’t think you can purchase these caps separate.

https://www.am-autoparts.com/products/side-view-mirrors/AM-2558332961.html

7 hours ago, pgamboa said:

This is the mirror set from Trail Ridge (sold by 1A Auto and AM Auto). The set was damaged so I was able to remove the lower knuckle cap off of them and use them in his build. I don’t think you can purchase these caps separate.
https://www.am-autoparts.com/products/side-view-mirrors/AM-2558332961.html

The lifetime warranty seems too good to be true on the A1. I haven't been able to find any "add-on" puddle lights. I really like the mirror blinker that I've had on my previous 2 vehicles......uugghhhh

I also want to add cameras and so far the Intellihaul and Rostra are the only ones I found. I want them all but only need the bed and front. Are there other options?

Thanks!

-Joe

21 hours ago, Megawolf said:

The lifetime warranty seems too good to be true on the A1. I haven't been able to find any "add-on" puddle lights. I really like the mirror blinker that I've had on my previous 2 vehicles......uugghhhh

I also want to add cameras and so far the Intellihaul and Rostra are the only ones I found. I want them all but only need the bed and front. Are there other options?

Thanks!

-Joe

You can buy various Echomaster/Intellihaul packages.  Also, vendors like MVI and possibly WAMS can help you out with adding cameras and what it would take.  Custom HMI programming may be needed at times depending on the route you want to go.

I personally went through MVI to add the CHMSL (3rd brake lamp) camera to my 2016 2500 that is activated by a switch.  I installed the complete Intellihaul system (front, both sides and CHMSL) on my brothers 2018 3500 that he purchased through MVI at a competitive price about a year ago now.  My brother loves the Intellihaul system for what it's worth.  I've thought about buying Echomaster's front camera system as it would be very nice for when pulling into my garage as my sensors don't accurately pick up my mower that sits in front of my pickup but I just haven't wanted to spend the $450 for the system as that's usually the price I find for just the front.  If you purchased just the front system and added the CHMSL camera, you'll probably be around $600 for it if you install it yourself.  

4 hours ago, BlkSS said:

You can buy various Echomaster/Intellihaul packages.  Also, vendors like MVI and possibly WAMS can help you out with adding cameras and what it would take.  Custom HMI programming may be needed at times depending on the route you want to go.

I personally went through MVI to add the CHMSL (3rd brake lamp) camera to my 2016 2500 that is activated by a switch.  I installed the complete Intellihaul system (front, both sides and CHMSL) on my brothers 2018 3500 that he purchased through MVI at a competitive price about a year ago now.  My brother loves the Intellihaul system for what it's worth.  I've thought about buying Echomaster's front camera system as it would be very nice for when pulling into my garage as my sensors don't accurately pick up my mower that sits in front of my pickup but I just haven't wanted to spend the $450 for the system as that's usually the price I find for just the front.  If you purchased just the front system and added the CHMSL camera, you'll probably be around $600 for it if you install it yourself.  

I really like the MVI but i am a little stuck buying from Amazon (gift cards lol)

20 hours ago, Blackduramax13 said:

I know this isn’t the right year model, but I can’t find any mirror talk for 2013s. I’ve got a 13 Silverado 2500HD LTZ with dpn mirrors. I’m trying to see if I can to dqs mirrors so I can get into my garage without getting out of the truck to fold them in. Has anyone ever done this?

20 hours ago, Blackduramax13 said:

I put DL3 mirrors on my 2010 LT back in the day.  GM did some major changes electronically between 2009 and 2010.  It required a complete rewire of my truck, with new latches (due to installing Denali door panels), door switches and custom BCM programming. 

I don't know exactly what it'd take but since you have an LTZ, it won't be as in-depth as I assume the body harness should be good having the needed circuits but may need new door harnesses.  You'll need to land the circuits for the running lights and cargo spotlight still like the non-powerfold aftermarket mirrors require that are available.  You may need to switch connector ends so the newer style mirrors match up.  Possible flashing of your BCM to enable the DL3 (powerfold) option.  You'll need new door switches for sure, at least the driver's.  

Have you searched if any one removed the DPN mirrors to install DL3 mirrors on the 900 series trucks?  That'd be your best bet I assume and then look into the needed changes in order to get the DQS mirrors fully operational.  I apologize I'm not much help but maybe gives you some ideas that you hadn't already thought about above.

Edited by BlkSS

On 9/10/2019 at 9:06 AM, gapple12 said:

I'm curious, would i need a new harness since my current mirrors already have the power fold and blinker feature ?

The mirrors I want are the OEMassive Power Fold mirrors 

Link:

http://oemassive.com/2x-power-folding-heat-led-turn-chrome-towing-mirror-for-14-18-silverado-sierra/

Did you end up getting these mirrors? Price seems too good to be true. Curious how it worked out