Hello, I have a 2015 2500HD LT with DPN Mirrors. I want to switch to DL3 mirrors. What do I need other than the new door panel switch to make the power fold and puddle lamps work? I didn't see reference to this specific upgrade path in the original post. Thanks! Jason

Hello, I have a 2015 2500HD LT with DPN Mirrors. I want to switch to DL3 mirrors. What do I need other than the new door panel switch to make the power fold and puddle lamps work? I didn't see reference to this specific upgrade path in the original post. Thanks! Jason

Email me at [email protected] and we can go through the validation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 11:59 AM, Arturo G said:

Is there any way to wire a harness from an ltz 2017 to an lt one i have the harness and switch from an ltz but my truck is an lt 

It would be easier to hack up the LTZ harness you have to harvest some wires and pins and then add them to your LT harness.  That is what I did then used the DIY instruction I got from pgamboa. Or you could contact @pgamboa for the DIY kit. 

Good Luck.

I have a 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 All Terrain Z71 SLE CCSB 5.3L with the DL3 mirrors (chrome cap, power folding, power adjust, integrated turn signal, puddle lamp, auto dim) and I'm looking to upgrade to the DQS Tow Mirrors.  How exactly can I do that and do I need to change my harness or can I use the existing already?

Thanks,

Last Thursday I spoke with Phil about upgrading from the DL3 on my 2019 2500 HD to the DQS.  I had spent countless hours researching and even spoke with the "all knowing" dealership, both of which wasted my time.  I finally ran across Phil the "Harness Dr", who in my opinion can teach the GM folks a thing or (tow).  By Monday I had my towing mirrors installed and working.  My mirrors showed up on Saturday and my hardness showed up on Monday, he ships like Amazon.  The shipping method on my mirrors was super clean and safe, the harnesses provided everything as advertised, power fold, power adjust, cargo lamps, turn signals, heated, etc.. it all worked!  The process took me 2 hours from cutting the tape.  I just followed his video on youtube.com as I completed the steps.  He even went above and beyond providing a few mods with parts and instructions.  If you are looking to upgrade your mirrors/harnesses, Phil is your man!

Ill Post some pics shortly....

Thanks Phil

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JF2295 said:

Last Thursday I spoke with Phil about upgrading from the DL3 on my 2019 2500 HD to the DQS.  I had spent countless hours researching and even spoke with the "all knowing" dealership, both of which wasted my time.  I finally ran across Phil the "Harness Dr", who in my opinion can teach the GM folks a thing or (tow).  By Monday I had my towing mirrors installed and working.  My mirrors showed up on Saturday and my hardness showed up on Monday, he ships like Amazon.  The shipping method on my mirrors was super clean and safe, the harnesses provided everything as advertised, power fold, power adjust, cargo lamps, turn signals, heated, etc.. it all worked!  The process took me 2 hours from cutting the tape.  I just followed his video on youtube.com as I completed the steps.  He even went above and beyond providing a few mods with parts and instructions.  If you are looking to upgrade your mirrors/harnesses, Phil is your man!

Thanks Phil

Thanks for sharing!  Glad we were able to get you squared away in time for your needs.  Look forward to seeing some pics :)

On 8/25/2019 at 9:26 PM, Sterling Thomas said:

I have a 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 All Terrain Z71 SLE CCSB 5.3L with the DL3 mirrors (chrome cap, power folding, power adjust, integrated turn signal, puddle lamp, auto dim) and I'm looking to upgrade to the DQS Tow Mirrors.  How exactly can I do that and do I need to change my harness or can I use the existing already?

Thanks,

Anytime you swap mirrors  and the lighting changes, a door harness swap is needed.  Also, in your case of having a 2014 truck, you will need an additional harness for inside the cabin and under the hood.  This is because GM didn't land the Tow Mirror Running Light and Cargo Light circuits to the door jamb.  So this is additional work to swapping door harnesses. 

I can go through the validation if interested.  Please PM me. 

Thanks!

• Like 1

I’ve been searching and searching for a few days now and can not find an answer to my problem. I recently installed a set of newer style tow mirrors on my early 15 Duramax. My main reason for doing so was for the power fold option, after getting them installed and my switch swapped out I’ve found that my drivers side mirror works perfect, but my passenger side does not. Am I missing somsthing? At a loss here. 

On 8/27/2019 at 4:43 AM, JF2295 said:

Thanks Phil

Here are some photos

20190827_111335_resized.jpg

20190827_111349_resized.jpg

20190827_111405_resized.jpg

20190827_111414_resized.jpg

• Like 1

On 8/27/2019 at 2:43 AM, JF2295 said:

Thanks Phil

Hello fellow members,

I am looking to do a mirror swap on my 2018 GMC 2500HD duramax diesel. I currently have the DQS K40 mirrors with chrome caps. The mirrors and caps are in flawless condition. I am look to go the pother way and swap them out for the DL3 mirrors with the K40 option

The codes i need ( provided by member pggamboa) are as follows;

-A45 - memory seats

-DL3 mirrors with chrome mirror caps 

-k40 exhaust brake probe on passengers mirror.

- OEM wiring harnesses for both drivers and passengers mirrors.

If you have these mirrors with these specs and are interested in trading please respond to this post or better yet PM me.

Thanks

1 hour ago, papy said:

Hello fellow members,

I am looking to do a mirror swap on my 2018 GMC 2500HD duramax diesel. I currently have the DQS K40 mirrors with chrome caps. The mirrors and caps are in flawless condition. I am look to go the pother way and swap them out for the DL3 mirrors with the K40 option

The codes i need ( provided by member pggamboa) are as follows;

-A45 - memory seats

-DL3 mirrors with chrome mirror caps 

-k40 exhaust brake probe on passengers mirror.

- OEM wiring harnesses for both drivers and passengers mirrors.

If you have these mirrors with these specs and are interested in trading please respond to this post or better yet PM me.

Thanks

I'm interested. 

• Like 1