2 minutes ago, pgamboa said:

Yes. Since they are both seat memory trucks. Swap door harnesses and switch out.

Since your truck is a 2015, you might need the RZY Jumper Harness as you might be missing pins 9 and 11 on the cabin side of the door jamb connector.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome thanks! 

***VACATION NOTICE***

I will be suspending all operations for some MUCH needed time off.  I will have limited/to no service at my destination.  If I magically gain some form of access, it will be VERY limited.  If you have placed an order and paid, the payment date is your spot in line.  

I will resume operations shortly after 6/17 (my return date is still being decided).  I will resume were I left off and will build/ship orders in the order the payment was made.  I will be using your provided email address for the shipment notification, so be on the lookout for an email to come directly from USPS.

Core Harnesses - All core harnesses will be retrieved upon my return.  Core refunds will be processed as soon as I am able to.

THANKS EVERYONE!  See ya real soon!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, e181ds said:

That is a very sharp truck.  I have a few questions, if I may.  I assume the cargo to reverse lights mod on the mirrors is the same trick that turns the bed cargo lights on when the reverse lights are illuminated?  Who did the running lights/switchbacks for you, or if you did it yourself, where did you get the lights?  Thanks!

Thanks! Yep that's the one, using diodes to make it happen. I bought the mirrors from midsouthled.net and had them put their brand switchbacks in, they were kinda spendy, but they do good work and have some quality products. You can also just buy the switchbacks from them and install yourself to save some money.

Just switched my DL3 mirrors on my 2018 silverado LTZ with GM DQS mirrors and harnesses both purchased from pgamboa. I must say the information on this forum very helpful.

So I have a crew cab that was built in flint and just as I read on this forum the fourth hole was already factory drilled. Purchased harnesses from pgamboa as recommended by the forum and to avoid issues with possibly getting incorrect harnesses from the dealer, the harnesses were plug and play. I have the A45 seat memory it is working without any dealer reprogramming. And mirrors fold with key fob and tilt when placed in reverse.

So I have to echo what everyone has said before if your going to buy harnesses pgamboa is the man to purchase from. And he sourced out the mirrors and they were at a good price for brand new in the box. So he is truly a one stop shop if you want to do this upgrade.

• Like 1

Hello,  I have a 2016 2500hd W/T with RPO code DPN. My mirrors have the puddle lamps on them but do not function, what is involved or what do I need to make them function? Thanks

Can you share a pic of the mirrors?

Yeah no problem, thanks for the quick response!
IMG_20190616_162653115_HDR.thumb.jpg.c05936efc320233a627edfab572d8c7f.jpg
IMG_20190616_162657955.thumb.jpg.cc7929e0c144af5483b90d317df13b41.jpg

It is off for a truck to have DPN RPO code, have the mirrors and not function.

Do the turn signals work? The white rearward shingling LED comes on with the cargo light button. The red arrow indicator should work with your turn signal. The amber forward shining light follows the headlights and park lamps.

So none of that works?

55 minutes ago, pgamboa said:

It is off for a truck to have DPN RPO code, have the mirrors and not function.

Do the turn signals work? The white rearward shingling LED comes on with the cargo light button. The red arrow indicator should work with your turn signal. The amber forward shining light follows the headlights and park lamps.

So none of that works?

Ok so the white rearward led come on with the cargo light? I was thinking those came on when you unlocked with the Keyless entry. 

I just checked it and the Cargo light does activate the rearward led's, signals activate the red arrow in the mirror and the front amber led's are acting as a marker light with the lights on. 

I was confused on the led rearward lights I kept seeing them referred to as puddle lamps so that's why I was thinking they would activate upon entry or exit of the truck.

Ok so the white rearward led come on with the cargo light? I was thinking those came on when you unlocked with the Keyless entry. 

I just checked it and the Cargo light does activate the rearward led's, signals activate the red arrow in the mirror and the front amber led's are acting as a marker light with the lights on. 

I was confused on the led rearward lights I kept seeing them referred to as puddle lamps so that's why I was thinking they would activate upon entry or exit of the truck.

So they are operating like factory intended.

There is a diode mod you can do at the BCM that makes the cargo light follow the reverse light. So at night, when you unlock the doors with key fob, your reverse lights come on. The cargo light on the mirror will follow that.

3 hours ago, pgamboa said:

So they are operating like factory intended.

There is a diode mod you can do at the BCM that makes the cargo light follow the reverse light. So at night, when you unlock the doors with key fob, your reverse lights come on. The cargo light on the mirror will follow that.

Excellent! Thanks so much for the info!

• Like 1

I have the DL3 Mirrors off a 2015 Silverado, so if I got OEM tow’s everything should just be plug and play correct?

No. Lighting circuits are not wired 1:1 between DL3 Mirrors and tow mirrors.

You’ll need a door harness swap (or modification) and need to validate your door jamb connector on the body side since you’re truck is a 2015.

a9d19ea74f2b47f94db28ded22c8de2c.jpg

1 minute ago, pgamboa said:

No. Lighting circuits are not wired 1:1 between DL3 Mirrors and tow mirrors.

You’ll need a door harness swap (or modification) and need to validate your door jamb connector on the body side since you’re truck is a 2015.

a9d19ea74f2b47f94db28ded22c8de2c.jpg

Got ya. Man these are more complicated than it seems. Whatever happened to the good ol plug n play stuff. 

Got ya. Man these are more complicated than it seems. Whatever happened to the good ol plug n play stuff. 

Too many options these days. There is not enough room on these plugs to accommodate all options. So slot positions are “shared” for different options. I make it possible with a custom harness set based on the needs.