So if I purchase your harness all I need to do is remove the original an run yours an that’s all no crazy splicing etc. I have a 2015 LT I purchased after market tow mirrors with no power fold or Extended or memory function. I had the DL8 mirrors from factory 

So if I purchase your harness all I need to do is remove the original an run yours an that’s all no crazy splicing etc. I have a 2015 LT I purchased after market tow mirrors with no power fold or Extended or memory function. I had the DL8 mirrors from factory 

For the most part.. yes. If you’re a 1500, you should be good to go. To be safe, I would still check the door jamb and see if you have all the tow mirror light circuits. You want to confirm pins 3, 9, 11, and 41. I all these are present, no crazy splicing needed. Let me know what mirrors you purchased.

b84eed357d8dfad5ca8f27083aefd653.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got a 2015 Sierra with the DL8 Heated/power mirrors. No Signals and not power folding.

I want to upgrade to the larger towing mirrors with Chrome covers.  These are the ones I'm looking at.  http://www.topgearautosport.com/part/A128BGIN221/GMC_Sierra_2014-2017_Chrome_Towing_Mirrors_Clear_LED_Signal_Lights_Pow.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-_7z4Mm62gIVFrjACh2TvwiNEAQYAyABEgJvRfD_BwE

What will it take to get these to work on my truck?  Just your DIY harness, or will I need to do more because of the turn signals/reverse lights/running lights on them?  

These ones  are 1/2 the price, and only seem to be lacking the reverse lights, and turn signals in the glass.  https://www.protuninglab.com/14chsigmcsip.html?utm_source=googlepepla&utm_medium=adwords&id=140891675818

Not sure if those would be a better option or not.

Any other suggestions would be great.

Thanks!

I Have a early 2015 ltz 2500hd diesel but do not have the ambient temp sensor in my tow mirror as they are the old style factory tow mirrors and I believe the early 15 HDs did not have one in the mirror unless high country. My question is will I need to purchase the diesel powerfold tow mirror for the passenger side that has the sensor? The set I currently have is off a high county gas truck and has the power fold option and id really like to use them but it does not have the sensor. 

I have a 2015 3500HD Denali w/ 6.6 diesel. It came with the standard dual function tow mirrors, Heated and Turn signal. Based on what I read can I upgrade to the mirrors put on the 2015.5 models and have full functionality. heated, turn, folding, puddle lamps etc. If so what exact tow mirror do I need and what harness to go along with it. If I would have know the 2015.5 was going to have these type mirrors I would have waited to buy my truck

Anyone looking to upgrade their DL8s I have a set of 2016 DL3s. Asking 400 for the set. PM me if interested. 

You should post this on the For Sale Section. That’s where people look when they want to buy something.

On 4/14/2018 at 4:01 PM, 32_d3gr33s said:

I've got a 2015 Sierra with the DL8 Heated/power mirrors. No Signals and not power folding.

I want to upgrade to the larger towing mirrors with Chrome covers.  These are the ones I'm looking at.  http://www.topgearautosport.com/part/A128BGIN221/GMC_Sierra_2014-2017_Chrome_Towing_Mirrors_Clear_LED_Signal_Lights_Pow.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-_7z4Mm62gIVFrjACh2TvwiNEAQYAyABEgJvRfD_BwE

What will it take to get these to work on my truck?  Just your DIY harness, or will I need to do more because of the turn signals/reverse lights/running lights on them?  

These ones  are 1/2 the price, and only seem to be lacking the reverse lights, and turn signals in the glass.  https://www.protuninglab.com/14chsigmcsip.html?utm_source=googlepepla&utm_medium=adwords&id=140891675818

Not sure if those would be a better option or not.

Any other suggestions would be great.

Thanks!

I haven't had my hands on either of these mirrors.  With either upgrade, you'll have to swap harnesses or modify your existing harnesses.  Since you're 2015, you'll want to investigate your door jamb (cabin side) and confirm you have pins 9, 11 and 41.  Please see the first post for this info.  

On 4/14/2018 at 5:55 PM, Riverat1540 said:

I Have a early 2015 ltz 2500hd diesel but do not have the ambient temp sensor in my tow mirror as they are the old style factory tow mirrors and I believe the early 15 HDs did not have one in the mirror unless high country. My question is will I need to purchase the diesel powerfold tow mirror for the passenger side that has the sensor? The set I currently have is off a high county gas truck and has the power fold option and id really like to use them but it does not have the sensor. 

There isn't a physical need for a sensor on the mirror itself.  You'll want to explore your mirror connector for pins 15 and 16 and see if these circuits are present.  If not, then you're ok.  You should be ok to physically install and test it for any CEL errors.  Since you're an early 2015, you will most likely not have pins 9, 11.  So the turn signal should work with your harnesses.  The amber running light will behave like a puddle lamp, which means it'll only light up at night, when you unlock your doors.  Also, see first the first post about pins 9, 11, and 41.

4 hours ago, Sliderule said:

I have a 2015 3500HD Denali w/ 6.6 diesel. It came with the standard dual function tow mirrors, Heated and Turn signal. Based on what I read can I upgrade to the mirrors put on the 2015.5 models and have full functionality. heated, turn, folding, puddle lamps etc. If so what exact tow mirror do I need and what harness to go along with it. If I would have know the 2015.5 was going to have these type mirrors I would have waited to buy my truck

Please see the first post in regards to pins 9, 11, and 41.  Since you're 2015, you may not have some of these pins at the door jamb.  This upgrade requires a harness swap, but if pins 9, 11 or 41 are missing, there is additional work after you swap the harnesses.

I'm not real happy with 1A Auto right now. Here is a reply I received back from them regarding the wiring issue from the manufacturer.

Still I absolutely love the mirrors and will buy a second pair for my other truck..

"

Good afternoon,

Your LH mirror has auto dimming and is the cause of the shortage you had reported to us.  We are not able to provide warranty coverage for the Lower Mirror Glass that was broken while the mirror was modified to make it function with your vehicle.

If you have any further questions, please let us know. 

"

Edited by Lfod1836
sp
  • Like 1

I'm not real happy with 1A Auto right now. Here is a reply I received back from them regarding the wiring issue from the manufacturer.

Still I absolutely love the mirrors and will buy a second pair for my other truck..

"
Good afternoon,

Your LH mirror has auto dimming and is the cause of the shortage you had reported to us.  We are not able to provide warranty coverage for the Lower Mirror Glass that was broken while the mirror was modified to make it function with your vehicle.

If you have any further questions, please let us know. 

"

Sorry to hear. @1ATony, can you help here? If not, I’ll supply him with a replacement lower glass.

For anyone else looking to perform this upgrade, I will continue to advise against making any future mirror purchases from 1A Auto or AM Auto.

Thanks,

Phil

• Like 1

"

Sorry to hear. @1ATony, can you help here? If not, I’ll supply him with a replacement lower glass.

For anyone else looking to perform this upgrade, I will continue to advise against making any future mirror purchases from 1A Auto or AM Auto.

Thanks,

Phil

Thanks Phil. I PM'd Tony.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have a 2015 Silverado LT. All it has is a way to adjust the mirrors. I just bought  like brand new mirrors and harnesses off a 17 Ltz dl3 package power fold, heated, signal, puddle, can you make me a harness that will work for my truck? If so how much? Will plug and play be all there is? Thanks 

• Like 1

I have a 2015 Silverado LT. All it has is a way to adjust the mirrors. I just bought  like brand new mirrors and harnesses off a 17 Ltz dl3 package power fold, heated, signal, puddle, can you make me a harness that will work for my truck? If so how much? Will plug and play be all there is? Thanks 

Yes sir. Please see the first post. I list this info there :). $285 shipped anywhere in the US. $100 core refund for stock harnesses.