Ok, so, Hi!  I just (and by just, I mean, like, 2 weeks ago) was finally able to get a nice Silverado 1500 to replace an aging Avalanche.  Talk about painful to let that one go.  At least they're cousins, and wow, what an upgrade...  Anyway, I absolutely need the wider tow mirrors, and thanks to aaron_1121 I was able to get the ones that I really wanted instead of settling.  (Thanks Aaron!)  

PGAMBOA's detailed info is amazingly well presented, but I'll be honest, I've not had time enough to read through all 89 pages of comments to find all my answers.  All that's to say I'm sorry if the question below has already been answered. 

So one question is this: I'm upgrading from the DL8 to the aftermarket DQS (from AM) tow mirrors.  Can I use your DIY kit and get all or most of the functionality?  My new truck is a 2016 Silverado 1500 LT.  Or will I need to use a more custom path to get everything working?

Thanks, regardless, for all of your effort to put this info together.  

• Like 1

Ok, so, Hi!  I just (and by just, I mean, like, 2 weeks ago) was finally able to get a nice Silverado 1500 to replace an aging Avalanche.  Talk about painful to let that one go.  At least they're cousins, and wow, what an upgrade...  Anyway, I absolutely need the wider tow mirrors, and thanks to aaron_1121 I was able to get the ones that I really wanted instead of settling.  (Thanks Aaron!)  

PGAMBOA's detailed info is amazingly well presented, but I'll be honest, I've not had time enough to read through all 89 pages of comments to find all my answers.  All that's to say I'm sorry if the question below has already been answered. 

So one question is this: I'm upgrading from the DL8 to the aftermarket DQS (from AM) tow mirrors.  Can I use your DIY kit and get all or most of the functionality?  My new truck is a 2016 Silverado 1500 LT.  Or will I need to use a more custom path to get everything working?

Thanks, regardless, for all of your effort to put this info together.  

In short - YES! :)

PM me. I can get a DIY Kit put together for ya. Welcome and congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys, I have a 2014 Silverado LT with the DL8 mirrors. I've been trying to figure out how to upgrade them to the DPN tow mirrors. I am looking at an eBay set and am unsure if they will work. I understand pgamboa makes a complete harness as well as a DIY kit. What will work without the harness and what will work with it? Thanks for taking the time to help. 

eBay link: 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-15-16-2017-Chevy-Silverado-Serra-Power-Heated-Smoke-LED-Cargo-Tow-Mirrors/132000762223?fits=Year%3A2014|Make%3AChevrolet&hash=item1ebbdbc96f:g:xM8AAOSwjM5aCl9O

• Like 1

Hey guys, I have a 2014 Silverado LT with the DL8 mirrors. I've been trying to figure out how to upgrade them to the DPN tow mirrors. I am looking at an eBay set and am unsure if they will work. I understand pgamboa makes a complete harness as well as a DIY kit. What will work without the harness and what will work with it? Thanks for taking the time to help. 

eBay link: 
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-15-16-2017-Chevy-Silverado-Serra-Power-Heated-Smoke-LED-Cargo-Tow-Mirrors/132000762223?fits=Year%3A2014|Make%3AChevrolet&hash=item1ebbdbc96f:g:xM8AAOSwjM5aCl9O

A few things. There have been a number of these mirrors from eBay/Amazon in the $200 range that are problematic. It is very common to tie the turn signal circuit with the running Lamp circuit. I am not sure on the logic here but this caused problems. GM has these circuits as separate circuits so when you purchase my PnP Harness or DIY Kit, and wire them up like factory, these mirrors will back feed running Lamp voltage to your turn signals. The end result is that your turn signals quit working right and they all stay lit.

2nd. Since you are 2014, there will be additional work ahead of you because GM didn’t land the cargo light and running light circuits to the door jamb connector in the cabin side. What this means.... is that you will need to get he RZY Jumper Harness - Part # 23387133 and Install it as well.

So... I would stay away from these $200 mirrors. Then check out my video on how to install the RZY Jumper and see if this is something you’re up to doing.... then decide on your mirror purchase.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've heard that 1A auto mirrors are good. Would the more basic style they make be plug n play? I only really need the power adjustments. 
https://www.1aauto.com/mirror-pair-trail-ridge-tr00012/i/trmrp00012?f=1093517&y=2014

If you don’t want to gain any lighting features, these will work just fine and will be Plug and Play with your current harnesses. Just swap mirrors. :). Most that do that want to gain the lighting features and some want Power Fold.

You’re good to go with these.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pgamboa said:

If you don’t want to gain any lighting features, these will work just fine and will be Plug and Play with your current harnesses. Just swap mirrors. :). Most that do that want to gain the lighting features and some want Power Fold.

You’re good to go with these.

Awesome! Thanks for the help!

• Like 1

First time posting here!!! I have been reading this thread for a week. I just got my 2015 sierra 1500 slt 5.3L with memory, power fold, and reverse tilt. I currently have the DL3 mirrors and am wanting to switch to DQS. I just want to check and make sure i have all the right part numbers before i drop a grand on some mirrors :puke:

driver side harness:

updated to 84125571

driver DQS mirror:

passenger side harness:

updated to 84125561

passenger DQS mirror:

updated to 84228892

Ya'll have been great help in getting me this far!

First time posting here!!! I have been reading this thread for a week. I just got my 2015 sierra 1500 slt 5.3L with memory, power fold, and reverse tilt. I currently have the DL3 mirrors and am wanting to switch to DQS. I just want to check and make sure i have all the right part numbers before i drop a grand on some mirrors :puke:

driver side harness:
updated to 84125571

driver DQS mirror:

passenger side harness:
updated to 84125561

passenger DQS mirror:
updated to 84228892

Ya'll have been great help in getting me this far!

Yep. Driver mirror 84041609 update to 84228891

Hello everyone. Im new to this site and 1st time posting ..  hello pgamboa.. i have a 2014 silverado 1500 crew cab with standard DL8 mirrors power adjustment, non folding, no blinkers, i think heated. I would like to purchase from you whatever wiring harnesses that i will need and recommeded tow mirrors for my truck.. im mainly looking to get power folding and blinker and have factory power folding switch.  

Edited by Sniper94509
  • Like 1

Hello everyone. Im new to this site and 1st time posting ..  hello pgamboa.. i have a 2014 silverado 1500 crew cab with standard DL8 mirrors power adjustment, non folding, no blinkers, i think heated. I would like to purchase from you whatever wiring harnesses that i will need and recommeded tow mirrors for my truck.. im mainly looking to get power folding and blinker and have factory power folding switch.  

Please send me a PM and can get you setup with ordering instructions. Thanks!

I have a 2015 Sierra 1500 SLT (early 2015) with RPO codes AY0, A45 and DL3. From what I found I need the following parts:

Driver Door Harness

Passenger Door Harness

RZY Harness

Driver Mirror

Passenger Mirror

Since I'm upgrading from DL3 to DQS I do not require the custom harness and these are the only parts that are needed, correct?

52 minutes ago, drirun said:

I have a 2015 Sierra 1500 SLT (early 2015) with RPO codes AY0, A45 and DL3. From what I found I need the following parts:

Driver Door Harness

Passenger Door Harness

RZY Harness

Driver Mirror

Passenger Mirror

Since I'm upgrading from DL3 to DQS I do not require the custom harness and these are the only parts that are needed, correct?

Correct.  My "custom" harnesses are factory harnesses that are build just like the ones you specified.  Many buy from me instead of other places because of the guarantee and support I provide. :)

I strongly recommend to everyone that when ordering your mirrors you order them for a 2500HD. They have the same part number. No one will honor the warranty if you order them for a 1500!

Wanted to share my warranty experience with AM Auto. Simply put, don't buy from them ever! Not worth the $150 savings over 1A Auto to deal with their bullshit. The power fold out broke on my drivers mirror only a month after being installed. AM Auto claimed the mirrors weren't made for my truck so they weren't going to honor the 10 year warranty.  They also refused to acknowledge the upgrade kit that's included in the box (I used Phil's wiring harness).  After a 6 day email battle, they refuse to offer a phone number for their customer service department, they agreed to allow me to return my mirrors with no restocking fee but I have to pay shipping to send them back. I had to threaten them with contacting the Better Business Bureau. 

I called 1A Auto. They also said if my truck didn't come from the factory with power folding tow mirror they wouldn't honor the warranty either.  

Against my own advice, I ordered another set from AM Auto. I used a friends PayPal and had them shipped to his house so they wouldn't be linked to me if I have to make another warranty claim. More importantly, I ordered a set listed for a 2500 but had the same part number. Hopefully they'll honor the warranty if I tell them I have a 2500 LTZ. 

• Like 1