Hello, I am hoping you can help me, I would like to convert the mirrors on my 2014 gmc 2500. It has the power and heated tow mirrors already, but I would like to use the 2015+ with the marker light and spot lights if at all possible. Is there a way to do that?

Can it be done - '14 SLE with simple mirrors, swap out to OEM full functioning tow mirrors (power fold, extend, puddle, blinker, dim, backup...)? I know I will need the complete harness's including RZ jumper and further pig tails from "the man" PGAMBOA :). I too would need to add the right switchs and bezel to the arm rest.

I will pull apart the door plug and see what pins are landed but I doubt any of the functions are in place today - anybody do a full upgrade from simple power/heat mirror level?

• Like 1

Can it be done - '14 SLE with simple mirrors, swap out to OEM full functioning tow mirrors (power fold, extend, puddle, blinker, dim, backup...)? I know I will need the complete harness's including RZ jumper and further pig tails from "the man" PGAMBOA :). I too would need to add the right switchs and bezel to the arm rest.

I will pull apart the door plug and see what pins are landed but I doubt any of the functions are in place today - anybody do a full upgrade from simple power/heat mirror level?

If you have power adjust mirrors now - those are DL8 Mirrors. Check your glove box RPO to confirm you have DL8. If you do, you won’t need to swap out the bezel, you’ll only need to swap the power adjust switch to a switch with power adjust and power fold.

You can gain:

Power Fold
Manual Telescope
Turn Signal
Cargo Lamp
Running Lamp
Puddle Lamp

You will retain:

Power adjust
Heat

There is Dimming feature on a tow mirror. Since you are 2014, you will need the RZY Jumper Harness - Part # 23387133.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, pgamboa said:

If you have power adjust mirrors now - those are DL8 Mirrors. Check your glove box RPO to confirm you have DL8. If you do, you won’t need to swap out the bezel, you’ll only need to swap the power adjust switch to a switch with power adjust and power fold.

You can gain:

Power Fold
Manual Telescope
Turn Signal
Cargo Lamp
Running Lamp
Puddle Lamp

You will retain:

Power adjust
Heat

There is Dimming feature on a tow mirror. Since you are 2014, you will need the RZY Jumper Harness - Part # 23387133.

Hope this helps.

Arm is all healed from last year ready to tackle the job - I'll PM you with all details so we can get you paid :)

Kraus RPO's.JPG

• Like 1

I can't thank PGAMBOA enough for the detail he's show in these threads.  I had a 2016 2500 (Diesel) LTZ that I spent a bit of money upgrading to OEM towing mirrors, and recently traded it in.  I did remove the tow mirrors prior to selling it, and re-installed the original ones.  I was doubting they would work on my 2017 LTZ (gas) 1500 and figured I'd sell them at a loss to get another set for the newer truck.  Thank goodness I read all through his initial post, and realized they'd work. An hour later, and I'm back in business!  Now, if I had only remembered to re-connect the inside door handle on the passenger's side, my wife wouldn't be quite as annoyed...  Considering leaving it like that, lol.

20180622_144347.jpg

• Like 2

I can't thank PGAMBOA enough for the detail he's show in these threads.  I had a 2016 2500 (Diesel) LTZ that I spent a bit of money upgrading to OEM towing mirrors, and recently traded it in.  I did remove the tow mirrors prior to selling it, and re-installed the original ones.  I was doubting they would work on my 2017 LTZ (gas) 1500 and figured I'd sell them at a loss to get another set for the newer truck.  Thank goodness I read all through his initial post, and realized they'd work. An hour later, and I'm back in business!  Now, if I had only remembered to re-connect the inside door handle on the passenger's side, my wife wouldn't be quite as annoyed...  Considering leaving it like that, lol.
20180622_144347.thumb.jpg.131e10e0e5b0609d7e972ba61d529c6f.jpg

Thanks for the feedback! Great looking truck!

15 hours ago, pgamboa said:

Thanks for the feedback! Great looking truck!

Thanks!  I just got it.  Saved a bundle as it was gently used (2017 w/5K miles).  I had never heard of them before, but it's an SCA Performance Black Widow Edition Silverado.  I was hooked as soon as I saw it.  

• Like 1

So, after a bit of driving, and MUCH more reading through this topic, I realized that I don't have the correct harnesses for making all the features work.  As I went from the DL3 to the DQS, and didn't change out any harnesses, I realized that I too fall victim to the following:

I haven't confirmed, but it appears that the auto-dimming feature isn't working.

Front LED's come on with parking lights, and when unlocking, but don't come on with signals.

Rear facing LED's don't come on when backing or with cargo lights.  Not sure when they're supposed to come on.

Everything else (power fold, heat, memory, etc.. ) works fine.  

I have a friend that ordered a set of mirrors and the following harnesses, and was able to return the mirrors as he sold the truck shortly after getting them, and never installed them, but forgot to return the harnesses.  He told me he would give them to me:

23342727 & 23342716

From what I've read, I believe those would solve my issues, correct?  If not, whatever I need from  you will be on my order list.  

Thanks again!

Brian

• Like 1

So, after a bit of driving, and MUCH more reading through this topic, I realized that I don't have the correct harnesses for making all the features work.  As I went from the DL3 to the DQS, and didn't change out any harnesses, I realized that I too fall victim to the following:

I haven't confirmed, but it appears that the auto-dimming feature isn't working.

Front LED's come on with parking lights, and when unlocking, but don't come on with signals.

Rear facing LED's don't come on when backing or with cargo lights.  Not sure when they're supposed to come on.

Everything else (power fold, heat, memory, etc.. ) works fine.  

I have a friend that ordered a set of mirrors and the following harnesses, and was able to return the mirrors as he sold the truck shortly after getting them, and never installed them, but forgot to return the harnesses.  He told me he would give them to me:

23342727 & 23342716

From what I've read, I believe those would solve my issues, correct?  If not, whatever I need from  you will be on my order list.  

Thanks again!

Brian

Brian,

Sorry to hear. I must have missed something in your upgrade/swap details.

If you didn’t swap harnesses when going from DL3 to DQS, that would explain the symptoms.

1st - Tow Mirros do not have dimming. So you will lose that when going to DQS fr your DL3.

2nd - The front Amber light functions as a running Lamp (park Lamp) only. It does not blink with your turn signal. If you see this light blinking, that’s a custom build harness or mod.

3rd - Since you didn’t swap the harnesses, this amber light is functioning like your old white puddle lamp on your DL3. This circuit only comes on at night, when you unlock the door.

4th - The White Cargo Light on your Tow Mirror will not Function because the slot location for the cargo light is shared with the dimming circuit. This is why a harness swap is needed. The new harness will have slots 1 and 2 (puddle and dimming) be redirected for running Lamp and cargo Lamp.

5th - The harness part #s you provided from your buddy’s truck will not work. If your truck has Seat Memory and his did not (based on that part #), you will lose control functionality installing them.

6th - If you want the cargo light to automatically come on when in reverse, I provide diodes for free and the instructions to make this happen.

PM me. I will work with you on a correctly built harness for your truck. I can also make the running Lamp dual function as turn signal as well (if desired).

Thanks,

Phil

Hi Phil, you are the man! 

I have been reading all the help and information you have been sharing. 

Here's my current situation: 

Picked up a 2018 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 4X4 6.2l asked the dealership to install tow mirrors. They installed ones that do not fold...at all, not even manually. 

after reading and searching I think I know what I need to tell them...

I would like do a DL3 to DQS swap. 

Mirror part numbers 

Driver: 84041609

Passenger: 84228892

Wiring Harness 

Driver: 2342727

Passenger: 23342716

Plug play and may need a BCM reprogram for the memory feature...

Is that correct. 

Thank you in advance for helping a newb out.   

Edited by BSNGMC2018
Forgot engine size and spelling and mirror swap info.
  • Like 1

Hi Phil, you are the man! 

I have been reading all the help and information you have been sharing. 

Here's my current situation: 

Picked up a 2018 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 4X4 6.2l asked the dealership to install tow mirrors. They installed ones that do not fold...at all, not even manually. 

after reading and searching I think I know what I need to tell them...

I would like do a DL3 to DQS swap. 

Mirror part numbers 

Driver: 84041609

Passenger: 84228892

Wiring Harness 

Driver: 2342727

Passenger: 23342716

Plug play and may need a BCM reprogram for the memory feature...

Is that correct. 

Thank you in advance for helping a newb out.   

Thanks! This is all correct. Shouldn’t need BCM. I can also supply the harness and will guarantee them operational or your $ back. If you need a source for the mirrors, I have that too. Not sure where you’re getting your stuff from, so PM me you’d like more info.

Also - do the mirros you have now have only the turn signal in them?

Wish I would have done my research before diving in...I took delivery of the truck Monday night, and will be returning to the dealership next Monday to walk them through the parts they need to order...should be a good time. 

The mirrors currently on the truck have, turn signals, power adjust, cargo lights, and clearance lights with chrome caps...they seem to have all the right features just not power folding (or any folding) or memory...I was looking at the list of mirrors and that doesn't seem to be and option GM offers...thoughts? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BSNGMC2018 said:

Wish I would have done my research before diving in...I took delivery of the truck Monday night, and will be returning to the dealership next Monday to walk them through the parts they need to order...should be a good time. 

The mirrors currently on the truck have, turn signals, power adjust, cargo lights, and clearance lights with chrome caps...they seem to have all the right features just not power folding (or any folding) or memory...I was looking at the list of mirrors and that doesn't seem to be and option GM offers...thoughts? 

"Should be a good time"  LOL.  Got a little chuckle out of that one.  See it time and time again. 

Does your truck have Seat Memory (A45) option?  I don't see a year, trim, etc.  It looks like you got DPN Mirrors instead of DQS Mirrors.  Check your Glove Box.  If you have DL8 or DL3 listed, this means the truck had the smaller mirrors.  DL8 is non power fold, DL3 is power fold.  If DPN is listed, then this means you have Non-power fold tow mirrors off the factory floor.  Sounds like you want DQS - Power Fold tow mirrors.  If this is the case, you should be able to swap the mirrors, keep the same harnesses (assuming your current mirrors all function correctly), and just add a power fold switch.

If you already have a power fold switch, and seat memory, it sounds like the dealer installed the cheaper version of tow mirror, and you've lost power fold and mirror memory.