Debadging Question

Really a simple question: What do you guys use to get the adhesive glue off the truck when you're debadging it? I have done this before and just used fishing line to get most of it off, then Goo Gone and it worked like a charm. For some reason I'm having a pain in the ass getting the "Silverado" off both my doors tonight. I got 95% of the glue off but seem to be struggling with the little bit thats remaining. Any tips? I don't have a polished/buffer or I'd probably just use that.

Thanks guys.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a detailer the absolute fastest and easiest and safest way to remove emblems is a simple heat gun, fishing line and then use a 3m eraser wheel for the heavy left over adhesive. Follow that up with rapid remover. It is 10x better than boopty a$$ goo gone. And then depends on the condition of the paint and any etching from dirt around the emblem but you can go ahead and polish as needed. Couldn't be easier, takes about 5 minutes per emblem

All materials especially rapid remover available on Amazon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a detailer the absolute fastest and easiest and safest way to remove emblems is a simple heat gun, fishing line and then use a 3m eraser wheel for the heavy left over adhesive. Follow that up with rapid remover. It is 10x better than boopty a$$ goo gone. And then depends on the condition of the paint and any etching from dirt around the emblem but you can go ahead and polish as needed. Couldn't be easier, takes about 5 minutes per emblem

This is exactly how I Debadged and demolded my truck. The eraser wheel is worth getting along with the rapid remover.

7d547b0c740b9319743fcad085e9f60b.jpg

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

yeah goo be gone.. i used braided fishing wire and a heat gun as well.... little elbow grease .. .they were pretty easy.. . did my tailgate!...

Thanks everyone. The step that I forgot vs. last time I did this was the heat gun. Oh well, not the end of the world and I've gotten most of the gunk off now. But great ideas for the remaining stuff. Appreciate it!

This is exactly how I Debadged and demolded my truck. The eraser wheel is worth getting along with the rapid remover.

7d547b0c740b9319743fcad085e9f60b.jpg

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Hell yeah looks good!

Bingo, this rapid remover will blow goo gone out of the water, works very well and fast

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006RUJ2D8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Archived