2017 6.2L 8 Speed Tuning

Blackbear is telling me they are unable to tune a 2017 8 speed. I have the 6.2. They offer engine tuning but based on my last 2 trucks that were tuned the transmission tune plays a huge part. Do I have any other options? I saw something about HP Tuners had the capability. But i am not familiar with them.

Thanks

Blackbear is telling me they are unable to tune a 2017 8 speed. I have the 6.2. They offer engine tuning but based on my last 2 trucks that were tuned the transmission tune plays a huge part. Do I have any other options? I saw something about HP Tuners had the capability. But i am not familiar with them.

Thanks

the TCM can be tuned by HP but it needs to be removed and sent in. BB said that even though they can only tune the engine it still makes a big difference in drivability

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the TCM can be tuned by HP but it needs to be removed and sent in. BB said that even though they can only tune the engine it still makes a big difference in drivability

That is correct. It is able to be tuned/unlocked by HPTuners, but at a very significant expense, $400 on top of any other tune service/hardware. We are not offering that option as a result at this time.

If EFILive comes up with another method to tune them, we will be offering that as well, but it will also likely come at an additional cost. GM has increased the complexity of the security routines on the computers in 2017 in part to prevent malicious individuals and software from gaining unwarranted access. In the case of the 8 speed transmission, there are robust sanity checks in place at the end of a reprogram that will reject any non-GM flash. We can only speculate as to how HPtuners gets around that, but it likely involves changing much more than just the tune details, which is why the TCM must be mailed in to them.

• Like 1

So frustrating that GM refuses to offer the buyer a driving mode switch. The 6.2 8spd combo is a kickarse "sports" truck and it needs these options.

• Like 1

That is correct. It is able to be tuned/unlocked by HPTuners, but at a very significant expense, $400 on top of any other tune service/hardware. We are not offering that option as a result at this time.

If EFILive comes up with another method to tune them, we will be offering that as well, but it will also likely come at an additional cost. GM has increased the complexity of the security routines on the computers in 2017 in part to prevent malicious individuals and software from gaining unwarranted access. In the case of the 8 speed transmission, there are robust sanity checks in place at the end of a reprogram that will reject any non-GM flash. We can only speculate as to how HPtuners gets around that, but it likely involves changing much more than just the tune details, which is why the TCM must be mailed in to them.

Thank you for the detailed info !! Damn GM computer techs lol

Is tuning the transmission a priority for Black Bear? I have been reluctant to buy with only engine tuning available.

That would be something that is in EFILive's court. if they can unlock it and allow for flashing, we will tune it.

• Like 1