Optima Battery Size?

So I always like to upgrade my batteries to Optima's... For some reason I can't find the battery size for my 2015 silverado.. Seems kind of odd, googling and searching I cant find what size of these batteries I need. Optimas website says they dont support the vehicle. There's no way this can be true? Anyone know?

Or enough GM late model trucks on the road to justify Optima manufacturing one in the required size?

Optima owned by Ford?

They know the Delco batteries that GM uses don't fail at a rate that warrrants them making a replacement?

Or enough GM late model trucks on the road to justify Optima manufacturing one in the required size?

Optima owned by Ford?

They know the Delco batteries that GM uses don't fail at a rate that warrrants them making a replacement?

Johnson Controls (and subsidiaries) make most of the automotive batteries including Optima. Optima is a good battery but in almost all applications you have to modify the hold down since the battery sizes are not the most commonly used. The GM size I believe is H7/94R and the Optima's are shorter and taller. You'ld be better off finding the correct size in an AGM battery such as Interstate or Bosch (Pep Boys) or others.

Optima isn't what it used to be. I'd grab an xs power 4900 (I think, could be 4800) and call it a day. I've had the same ones not my other Silverado with audio (they get beat to hell) and they're still good. All my vehicles have xs.

• 3 years later...
On 3/7/2017 at 1:39 AM, Zipsort said:

So I always like to upgrade my batteries to Optima's... For some reason I can't find the battery size for my 2015 silverado.. Seems kind of odd, googling and searching I cant find what size of these batteries I need. Optimas website says they dont support the vehicle. There's no way this can be true? Anyone know?

The only yellow top that will fit with the fuse box that you have, which is the same as mine is the yellow top 34/78, but you’ll have to buy a 12” power extension cable as the factory one is only 6” long and will not fit.