BakFlip MX4

Anyone have this cover? I just bought the Undercover Flex and am not really that happy with the build construction so I'm now looking to get the MX4. Guy at work has the MX4 and it appears to be very well made and I also love the fact that you can close the tailgate with the cover down. Anyway, I'm looking for the best price on one of these but can't seem to find the prices I've seen folks paying in other forums. They list on pretty much every site for $899 but lots of folks saying they paid $750ish for them. Anyone else get this kind of deal?

Thanks in advance

• Like 1

I love my BakFlip. I think I paid around $900 or so CDN (can't remember exactly was about a year ago). I have had no issues with it and find it's well made. Little bit of water still makes its way into the bed but nothing to lose sleep over. I really think this is more due to my truck being levelled than anything. Without the level the tonneau cover can drain properly towards the drains at the front of the bed.

Anyways, I recommend it!

I'm in the market for a tonneau cover and leaning heavily towards the MX4 myself. I'd love to hear more feedback though.

From what I've read, it's not watertight at all and at best, you'll get some water penetration in the bed. However, I think it's the best looking cover out there as it sits flush with the rail cover.

I installed the mx4 about a month ago. Very nice fit and easy install. The first time I washed my truck, I noticed a small amount of water toward the back of bed. There is a gap where the tail gate shuts on each side. I used a 2 inch pice of stick on insulation on each side and it fixed the issue.

I got caught in a down poor yesterday (3 inch rain). I notice a small amount in the bed about midway back. I'm guessing less than a ounce. I'll investigate and try to fix this issue, but no big deal for me. I've had more melted ice water fall off my drinks when retrieving from my ice chest. Overall, I really like it and would buy again.

I have a MX4. Looks great and functions well. It does leak a little over both wheel wells, but I see a section where the gasket is worn. Could have been frozen when I opened it and the edge ripped, or I was loading something through the side and rubbed it off. I believe it's replaceable but I haven't gotten around to filing a warranty claim. I think I paid around $800 installed from a certified dealer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Bushleaguechew

Anybody else have a GM drop in bedliner? I'm curious as to how the drainage is plumbed through. I'm not keen on drilling thru the bedliner.

i have the chevy drop in liner installed from factory when i ordered the truck there is no drainage the water pours out as soon as you hit the gas lol

im also looking into the MX4 i was about to buy it last night on there website but looking for better price any info would be great

Anybody else have a GM drop in bedliner? I'm curious as to how the drainage is plumbed through. I'm not keen on drilling thru the bedliner.

My gutters on my BakFlip are run through the two plastic caps on the front of the bed that are meant for the tie down anchors. Works awesome and no drilling required!

IMG_7839_zpsd9pfupsp.jpg

IMG_7836_zpsnqhnz7hs.jpg

Edited by SilveradoSaver
  • Like 3

I have had the mx4 ever since it came out. It's a great cover but not water tight. I have come pretty close though with weatherstripping, double sided tape and silicone. I did all of this when I got it and it's been about a year with no issues. It's easy to use, low profile and a solid cover. My 7 year old jumps on it all of time...

Would easily recommend it over some others I have seen and tried.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a little dissappointed to hear that the MX4 leaks. The Undercover Flex I have doesn't leak at all but the build quality just isn't as nice as the MX4. I work with a guy who has the MX4 and another who has the G2 and can tell you that between the three covers the MX4 is the best looking and most well-built. For you guys who have it and it leaks, what would it take to prevent it from leaking?