BakFlip MX4

I'm a little dissappointed to hear that the MX4 leaks. The Undercover Flex I have doesn't leak at all but the build quality just isn't as nice as the MX4. I work with a guy who has the MX4 and another who has the G2 and can tell you that between the three covers the MX4 is the best looking and most well-built. For you guys who have it and it leaks, what would it take to prevent it from leaking?

that will depend on where it's leaking from. tailgate will be hard to get it sealed completely.

I'm a little dissappointed to hear that the MX4 leaks. The Undercover Flex I have doesn't leak at all but the build quality just isn't as nice as the MX4. I work with a guy who has the MX4 and another who has the G2 and can tell you that between the three covers the MX4 is the best looking and most well-built. For you guys who have it and it leaks, what would it take to prevent it from leaking?

Part of it could also come down to installation. I have seen some poorly installed tonneau covers and that could be a reason for leaking. My G2 didn't leak at all until I levelled my truck.

Edited by SilveradoSaver

Part of it could also come down to installation. I have seen some poorly installed tonneau covers and that could be a reason for leaking. My G2 didn't leak at all until I levelled my truck.

That's a great point about leveling the truck. A friend and myself were discussing why they only put drains in the front of these types of covers and that makes sense.

That's a great point about leveling the truck. A friend and myself were discussing why they only put drains in the front of these types of covers and that makes sense.

They made the covers for your average truck that probably never sees a level or lift kit. Even if they added drains in the rear as well, if the trucks level, it's not going to go one way or the other so I think you'd still have the same issue. That being said, nothing is stopping someone from drilling a couple of holes and making extra drains. Hell, why not add one in the middle too? :lol: Problem solved!

They made the covers for your average truck that probably never sees a level or lift kit. Even if they added drains in the rear as well, if the trucks level, it's not going to go one way or the other so I think you'd still have the same issue. That being said, nothing is stopping someone from drilling a couple of holes and making extra drains. Hell, why not add one in the middle too? :lol: Problem solved!

I just got the RMA for my Undercover Flex. If I have the same leaking problems when I get the MX4 I'm not above adding more drains.

that looks like a real clean install!

My gutters on my BakFlip are run through the two plastic caps on the front of the bed that are meant for the tie down anchors. Works awesome and no drilling required!

IMG_7839_zpsd9pfupsp.jpg

IMG_7836_zpsnqhnz7hs.jpg

• Like 1

I don't think you can close the tailgate without lifting the first panel on the G2 like you can on the MX4.

The G2 and MX4 are identical except for the gloss finish vs the matte finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think you can close the tailgate without lifting the first panel on the G2 like you can on the MX

Have to correct myself. I have the VP. Very clean look i prefered as no visible seams. Has to be opened to close tailgate.

Edited by bovineplane

I have the MX4 on my truck. Not water tight, but pretty close to it. I got mine from www.tonneaufactoryoutlet.com and I think I paid around $785 to my door. If you email them or online chat, you seem to get the best price. Mine has served me well, I would buy again in a heartbeat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by jbh4381
  • Like 1

I have the MX4 on my truck. Not water tight, but pretty close to it. I got mine from www.tonneaufactoryoutlet.com and I think I paid around $785 to my door. If you email them or online chat, you seem to get the best price. Mine has served me well, I would buy again in a heartbeat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

thanks, I'm gonna get mine from there.

• Like 1

Hey everyone, I got in contact with www.tonneaufactoryoutlet.com and had the following discussion.

Me:

Hello Lori,
I wanted to let you know that I found this site through GM Trucks forums where myself and a good number of other people are discussing and shopping for the Bakflip MX4.
This may be a good opportunity to create some extra sales for your company, would it be possible to work on creating a special price for members of GM Trucks forums?
The discussion thread can be found here: http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/200279-bakflip-mx4/

Lori:
will do 769.88 for you :-)
Me:
Great, may I quote that price on the GM Trucks for other members in reference to your site?

Lori:
Sure thing :)

I continued the conversation to get pricing for all bed sizes which are as follows:
Shortbed: 769.88

Standard bed: 769.88

Long bed: 829.88

Their page for the Bakflip MX4 is here: https://www.tonneaufactoryoutlet.com/bakflip/bakflip-hd-mx4.html
Just say hi in their live chat and mention that you were referred from GM Trucks forums for the special pricing listed above. :thumbs:

• Like 2