BakFlip MX4

Tonneaufactoryoutlet is owned by a guy named Morrie, Great guy and great customer service, I've dealt with him since 2009 when I bought a Bak HD cover from him. The first HD cover leaked through the hinged part of the panels. He was able to get me a new cover right away. I had the replacement HD cover for 4 years and never had any leaks or issues with that cover. I was also able to close my tailgate with the cover down.

They might not always have the lowest price but it's still a very good price and they are indeed an authorized retailer with great customer service.

I have since bought the Roll-X for my 2014 truck. It's working just fine as well. Just need to the treat the vinyl top on it every now and then.

Edited by stevev
  • Like 1

I bought the Bakflip MX4 purely for it's look over the other covers. I knew going in it wouldn't be completely waterproof with the design of the cover not sitting on top of the bed caps. After installing it, I noticed some water was getting in mostly from the tailgate area and over the wheel wells. After making some adjustments, I was able to reduce the amount that was coming in from the tailgate but I ended up buying a "Trail Seal Kit" from auto anything for about $30 and that helped tremendously. Now I only get a couple of drops of water coming into the bed and that's only after going through a car wash or after heavy rainfall. Normal rain and it stays completely dry now.

• Like 1

I haven't researched covers since this F1.

The glue holding mine together is failing, it has started to bow and warp across the entire cover. And it has started leaking at the folding seams, and has gotten heavy as h*ll which leads me to believe it's holding water in the panels.

The glue failing is my biggest complaint...the bowing and warping is inevitable over such a span and the way they open.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

These exact issues have happened to my Bakflip as well and it's just coming up on 4 years old. I would not buy another Bakflip either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just installed my new Bakflip MX4 on my 2015 Silverado. Love how it looks but leaks terribly at the front of the bed in each corner as well as on the sides of the tailgate. I have also noticed leakage over the wheel wells as well as the seam in the first panel. I contacted Bak and provided them with a video of my issue and they have agreed to send me a replacement as they stated that they commonly see slight water intrusion by the tailgate but the other leakage they state they have not seen. My fear is I will get the new one and have the same issues. I followed the manufacture directions so kind of stumped why we are all having these issues. Its also a little strange that all the install video's you see for the MX4 are all on other manufactured trucks other than the 2014-2017 Chevrolet Silverado.

The issues that you guys are having with the glue failing and bowing and warping which model of bakflip is it happening too ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't specially recall, it's the hard gloss surface and think it was the F1. As I recall it was rated to support the upper weight limit at the time, not quite 4 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk