BakFlip MX4

I just installed my new Bakflip MX4 on my 2015 Silverado. Love how it looks but leaks terribly at the front of the bed in each corner as well as on the sides of the tailgate. I have also noticed leakage over the wheel wells as well as the seam in the first panel. I contacted Bak and provided them with a video of my issue and they have agreed to send me a replacement as they stated that they commonly see slight water intrusion by the tailgate but the other leakage they state they have not seen. My fear is I will get the new one and have the same issues. I followed the manufacture directions so kind of stumped why we are all having these issues. Its also a little strange that all the install video's you see for the MX4 are all on other manufactured trucks other than the 2014-2017 Chevrolet Silverado.

Do you have a bedliner? Did you install the weatherstripping along the front top rail of the bed?

My 2014 has the factory bedliner. When I installed my Roll-X, I could see daylight coming through the front. Not really the fault of the cover. You just have to install weatherstripping to prevent the water from coming through. I had some drips on one wheel well too, but after I adjusted and retightened the side rail, those went away.

Do you have a bedliner? Did you install the weatherstripping along the front top rail of the bed?

My 2014 has the factory bedliner. When I installed my Roll-X, I could see daylight coming through the front. Not really the fault of the cover. You just have to install weatherstripping to prevent the water from coming through. I had some drips on one wheel well too, but after I adjusted and retightened the side rail, those went away.

I agree with this. We could also see daylight through the front once installed before that weatherstrip was installed.

Any GM dealership can also supply a Bak Flip MX4 cover with a GM part#

GM PART # DESCRIPTION

19355217 2014-2017 Chevrolet Silverado 5’ 8” Hard Folding Cover by REV
19355218 2014-2017 Chevrolet Silverado 6’ 6” Hard Folding Cover by REV
19355219 2014-2017 Chevrolet Silverado 8’ Hard Folding Cover by REV
19355220 2015-2017 Chevrolet Colorado 5’ 2” Hard Folding Cover by REV
19355221 2015-2017 Chevrolet Colorado 6’ 2” Hard Folding Cover by REV
At least in Canada anyways. I just installed mine. I also put a Bak Box on GM's part # for it is 19333086 https://bakindustries.com/p-8254-bakbox-2-tonneau-toolbox-overview.html
Edited by ridersfan

No I do not have a bedliner I have a spray in Linex. I did install the bulkhead seal as directed. I contacted Bak Industries and provided them with photos and video of the leakage. They are providing me with a replacement so we will see what happens once I install the new one.

How does yours fit the tailgate? My cover barely reaches the tailgate and is taller in center than on edges

I have contacted them but haven't head back

DSC01736_zpsfb3u4hv8.jpg

You should have a 1/4" clearance from the tailgate. Does yours hit the tailgate when it closes?

Might need to loosen the brackets for the rails and the 2 front bolts. I loosened everything, shoved it as far to the front as I could, then retightened, and reset, and walah it was a great fit.

Will be doing a car wash today to test water intrusion. Don't really need a waterproof bed but the extra storage is a huge plus.

I'll send some pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How does yours fit the tailgate? My cover barely reaches the tailgate and is taller in center than on edges

I have contacted them but haven't head back

DSC01736_zpsfb3u4hv8.jpg

Mine has a slight bow, but the gasket seals it up. Sometimes when folded up the cover will slide forward slightly on the tracks. Pull it back with even pressure and it'll stretch slightly back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

. Mine cover only slightly overhangs the tailgate and barely hits the first piece of rubber, on one end it doesn't touch

Is this how they are supposed to fit?

I would think they would overhang a good inch or so

Edited by Orlando8