4X4 Dash Indicator

I know that the manual talks about an Off Road display screen on the DIC but they don't say which models have it. I suspect that it is part of the Z71 package I would like to have something like that come up when I go into 4WD - I hate the new control and it's wimpy backlight - and I thought my old 07 was bad - at least the yellow light stood out.

I have never seen that in the DIC on my pickup. The only thing that has showed up in the DIC is when it is switched. If the pickup is already in 4x4 when one of us starts it up and drives, it does not show anything remotely like what you posted. Only indication is physically looking at the switch itself.

Maybe a GMC thing over my Silverado.

My buddies Silverado has it too. It's a page that needs to be enabled in your settings

Sent from my STH100-1 using Tapatalk

I know that the manual talks about an Off Road display screen on the DIC but they don't say which models have it. I suspect that it is part of the Z71 package I would like to have something like that come up when I go into 4WD - I hate the new control and it's wimpy backlight - and I thought my old 07 was bad - at least the yellow light stood out.

The 'page' is available on my '17 2500HD & it doesn't have the Z71 package.

The 'page' is available on my '17 2500HD & it doesn't have the Z71 package.

Is the page available all the time? or just in 4x4 mode -

What trim level do you have?

My truck is an LT

To answer your other question

K2XX%202WD%20Display_zpsszguvihz.jpg

K2XX%204WD%20Display_zpsa8mw6ezu.jpg

My display is slightly different than rocnroll's '15:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170718/8f5dbf4a78ed4f19fcb7e5aa995565b6.jpg

I also tried something. Turn the truck off and then turn selector knob to 2WD. Restarted the truck and the indicator on the DIC stayed in 4WD even after driving forward and backing up in the driveway.

I have never seen that in the DIC on my pickup. The only thing that has showed up in the DIC is when it is switched. If the pickup is already in 4x4 when one of us starts it up and drives, it does not show anything remotely like what you posted. Only indication is physically looking at the switch itself.

Maybe a GMC thing over my Silverado.

Your truck should have it. My 2015 LT Silverado Z71 has it (basically same as listed in your avatar except mine is a 1500). You can enable it here:

- In the DIC go to "Info"

- Scroll right to pick which screens are enabled

- Check the box beside "Off-Road"

Now it will be an available screen in your DIC. You have to scroll to it using the up/down arrows just like fuel mileage, trip odometer, etc.

Your truck should have it. My 2015 LT Silverado Z71 has it (basically same as listed in your avatar except mine is a 1500). You can enable it here:

Now it will be an available screen in your DIC. You have to scroll to it using the up/down arrows just like fuel mileage, trip odometer, etc.

Thank you Thank you thank you - this solved several issues I had with my new truck - including the Off Road screen as well as engine hours, transmission temp and getting rid of the blank screen and the useless DEF gauge - the warning signal is good enough since they don't put on a real gauge.

Actually I got the first screen wrong. It should be:

- In DIC go to "Settings"

- Then "Info Screens"

- Scroll right

- Check boxes for screens you want available

Archived