Katzkin Pics Professionally Installed?

Anyone have any pictures of there Katzkin leathers seat covers that they had professionally installed? I would like to see if they fit tight or have wrinkles like most of the do it yourself pictures I have seen.

I dont want to drop over a grand to have them professionally done if they are going to be full of wrinkles. I know everyone says the wrinkles go out eventually but I have never seen "after" pictures proving it

Thanks guys

I just had the driver seat bottom re-covered under warranty and the day I picked it up it had wrinkles. The tech said they'd settle out in a couple days, and they did.

The question I have is can we call the OEM material leather? I'd like to see some material composition/construction comparison to the Katzskin. Their product has a good rep in my admittedly limited understanding.

• Like 1

c4108b7b1ec86eb429bb71c5f28207ac.jpg

Installed mine myself, but I install them all the time since I do the interior work for multiple dealerships. This is a week after install and the only wrinkles I had were on the headrests, but they are gone now. Also added that center console.

These below were taken just now. They have been on for 5 months now. Also installed heated seats while they were off.

ac588427af44b838e36805968575febd.jpg

ea42744dff34f0704d86d3f5f30fda51.jpg

0e2498fa80cd3150cd78fcadd0182bd4.jpg4b142a5c9a842d53d83d0e20cbb02626.jpg

f3a5520d268baae22994597a57929c6d.jpg

fb7af9a2e01c5cd850d34d3a2a7ea83d.jpg

Edited by Justin101714
  • Like 1

Are these hard to install? Really thinking about getting some. If they need to be professionally installed, how much does that run?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are so easy to install. Anyone can install these and the kits can be had for $500-$550 on eBay. That's where I got mine and even though individuals install them, you can still get the three year warranty coverage on them. They snap into place just like the factory covers. You will have to remove all of the seats and some of the plastic clips can be a pain to release, but if you don't try, you'll never know. YouTube is your friend in this case. Plenty of videos out there on this.

Professionally done is around $1,200 installed.

Edited by Justin101714

They are so easy to install. Anyone can install these and the kits can be had for $500-$550 on eBay. That's where I got mine and even though individuals install them, you can still get the three year warranty coverage on them. They snap into place just like the factory covers. You will have to remove all of the seats and some of the plastic clips can be a pain to release, but if you don't try, you'll never know. YouTube is your friend in this case. Plenty of videos out there on this.

Professionally done is around $1,200 installed.

Can you install them yourself and get the wrinkles out? I'll definitely give it a go

Can you install them yourself and get the wrinkles out? I'll definitely give it a go

The wrinkles just come out themselves, you don't have to work them out, once they contract and expand from heat when they are molded to the seat, they'll just go away.

• Like 1

I just had the driver seat bottom re-covered under warranty and the day I picked it up it had wrinkles. The tech said they'd settle out in a couple days, and they did.

The question I have is can we call the OEM material leather? I'd like to see some material composition/construction comparison to the Katzskin. Their product has a good rep in my admittedly limited understanding.

It's manufactured "leather" - as close to being natural hides as a tree is to being paper.

It's manufactured "leather" - as close to being natural hides as a tree is to being paper.

So are Katz or Roadwire any closer to my old baseball glove?

My seats don't even respond in any way to the application of quality leather conditioning cream. I assume my continued applications only serve to make the truck smell like leather for a couple days and help preserve the stitching...

Edited by Boardmember

So are Katz or Roadwire any closer to my old baseball glove?

My seats done even respond in any way to the application of quality leather conditioning cream. I assume my continued applications only serve to make the truck smell like leather for a couple days and help preserve the stitching...

Really not sure about that. I know mine have held up really well - here's the back seats where my black lab stays 39bdf601d62d0293354ffc2566ad4864.jpg

Really not sure about that. I know mine have held up really well - here's the back seats where my black lab stays 39bdf601d62d0293354ffc2566ad4864.jpg

Does your labs nails affect the leather at all? My next truck is going to be leather and I have a 7 month old lab. I doubt he will be on the seats as I would raise up the 40 section and let him sit on the floor

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does your labs nails affect the leather at all? My next truck is going to be leather and I have a 7 month old lab. I doubt he will be on the seats as I would raise up the 40 section and let him sit on the floor

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mine is 1.5yr old. You can see my Mud river cover in the floor - I always leave that on. I put the seats up occasionally but when I do hat he walks around and smears my windows. With seats down he'll just lay there lol

• Like 1

c4108b7b1ec86eb429bb71c5f28207ac.jpg

Installed mine myself, but I install them all the time since I do the interior work for multiple dealerships. This is a week after install and the only wrinkles I had were on the headrests, but they are gone now. Also added that center console.

These below were taken just now. They have been on for 5 months now. Also installed heated seats while they were off.

Thank you for the detailed pics. As far as the perforated inserts, do you think they will hold up as well as the solid ones? Are there any benifits to the perforated over the solid centers besides looks?

Thanks again