Vibration at 25 MPH slowing down

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have a 2018 w/t regular cab that I just noticed doing the same thing. Low speed vibration.  25 mph and there about. But I didnt notice mine till I put a pair of leveling shackles on the rear springs. It may have already been there but I think I would have noticed it. Not sure since I just got the truck. Is yours lowered?

I put 2" drop shackles in the rear.  Looks like you said they fixed yours with motor mounts? Mine is in the shop now. I didnt mention I lowered it. What mine does is coasting down from 30 it starts vibration and when it hits 25 it's real bad and continues till I stop. Put truck In Neutral and it goes away. I mentioned the motor mount tab to the writer and he said that was just for rough idle. Did it fix your vibration at 25?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I just bought a 2018 Silverado and one of the things I noticed is this same "vibration/shuttering" when slowing down for a stop light. I think it is the Transmission control going through the downshift process. I notice it does not do it when I do the "Manual" downshift coming to a stop. It's like it is clutch packs for 3rd and or 2nd gears aren't "fully" engaged yet when downshifting.

• 2 months later...

You may not think this would cause it but I bet top dollar it’s your front shocks. I have had an issue similar to your issue only it would happen when I would apply the brake at high speeds (i.e. exiting a freeway) and I can feel in the wheels and shake/vibration that would travel up to my steering wheel. And it would get worse as time went on, and me replacing pads/rotors and balancing all tires and rotating. This happened on 2 different types of vehicles that I’ve personally owned and 1 that my brother experienced the same  issue on his car and it was fixed when he replaced the front shocks. It happened on a 2015 Ford F-250/2008 Dodge Charger/2012 Toyota Avalon. Front shocks were the cause. 

This issue has recently been happening with my Cadillac SRX. I have recently installed new pads and rotors on the front wheels and rotated the tires. When doing the brakes I noticed a stabilizer rod was broken but was not having any issues so I didn’t jump right on it. The vibration got worse so I just repaired that and it seemed to help but there is still a vibration at that speed when slowing down. I thought maybe the tranny was not down-shifting correctly but I dropped it into neutral and there was still the vibration when slowing.....and I am not touching the brakes when this happens. It needs to go to the shop to replace an exhaust manifold gasket, I will have them take a look. Will advise what they come up with.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...