Light bar switch

Seen several threads in which members put a round switch into the 12v plug on the center console. Anyone have a write up of how to access that location or a link to a thread showing it? Can that panel be taken off to fish some wires through without the entire center console being removed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i've been looking to do this as well in the same location.. i got my light in.. but haven't wired it yet...but this is where i'd like to put mine .. .. i've seen a few youtube videos.. but they are on 14's.. and the console looks a little different.

post-161090-0-91382400-1503320046_thumb.jpg
edit.. read another thread.. just ordered the wire harness with the wireless remote~... and i'll use my homelink buttons to kick it on and off.. .

i've been looking to do this as well in the same location.. i got my light in.. but haven't wired it yet...but this is where i'd like to put mine .. .. i've seen a few youtube videos.. but they are on 14's.. and the console looks a little different.

edit.. read another thread.. just ordered the wire harness with the wireless remote~... and i'll use my homelink buttons to kick it on and off.. .

That's what I have but it's performance isn't great and I want a 3 position switch to utilize my auto highbeam feature

That's what I have but it's performance isn't great and I want a 3 position switch to utilize my auto highbeam feature

performance for the homelink?... what do you mean?

performance for the homelink?... what do you mean?

The remote that came with the transmitter works great. The homelink button sends a longer signal since it's designed for garage doors and the lightbar will turn on and off.

I have 3 wireless harnesses and they're very spotty on working with the homelink. I usually have to use the little remote they came with and hold it near the front of the dash to get it to work to turn on my light bars.

• 3 months later...

How are you running the wiring to the switches by going this route?

You will need to remove/pull back the front part of the headliner. You will then run the wires down the A-Pillar to your power source and accessory light.

You will need to remove/pull back the front part of the headliner. You will then run the wires down the A-Pillar to your power source and accessory light.

I figured as much, just making sure lol thank you sir!

Correct take the a pillar off then just run your wires through headliner. I didn't remove the headliner just gently pulled the edge down enough to get my fish sticks in. It wasn't easy very tight but just go slow and it can be done.  I grabbed a key hot wire from the console so looks like this when the truck is on.  Also using this wire and a relay under the hood for the bar allows the Lightbar to only be able to be switched on when the key is on. 

IMG_4688.JPG

Archived