KO2 Tire, 20k mi review

FL335i

On 5/13/2018 at 12:32 PM, FL335i said:

I really need to find a good LT load range C.  The E range is pretty rough riding.

Cooper, Nitto, and Toyo are about the only ones that make C range LT's anymore. I think Goodyear still makes a few sizes too. 

I have an update too.  Tire wear reduced to nil when I aired them up to 50 psi, which is what BFG told me to do in the first place.  They even ride better at 50 psi.  KO2s come in LR C but not all sizes.

12,000 miles now, still quiet, still at 12/32 all around for tread depth.  Rock solid in the rain.

Edited by swathdiver
To make a correction.

I put them on at 53k, I'm at 81k now. Just went out and measured them, I have 10/32" left all around. Still ride super quiet.  Ride good.  Love their performance on-road and off-road and especially in wed roads here in FL.  Towing trailers is great.  I run them at 43-45 on the front and 40-43 in the rear.  Yes BFG told me 50, that's nuts.  Road like a ox cart and the rear tires had 2" of contact with the road when unloaded.  My wear has been very even across the pattern and on all 4 tires.  I have been doing the GM rotation pattern at every 6-7k oil change.  I wish they were load C rated. 

• Like 1

On 5/26/2018 at 10:12 AM, FL335i said:

I run them at 43-45 on the front and 40-43 in the rear.  Yes BFG told me 50, that's nuts.  Road like a ox cart and the rear tires had 2" of contact with the road when unloaded. 

I wish they were load C rated. 

40 PSI has a load rating of 2,075 lbs.  43 PSI has a load rating of 2,185 lbs per tire and 45 PSI has a load rating of 2,255 pounds per tire.  For those reading who are learning, make sure the air in both tires exceeds the axle capacity.  Mine wore quick with that little air in them but I reckon my rig is heavier than yours, she weighs 5,900 pounds empty.  Tires ride better at 50 psi than they did at 42 psi for some reason.  Even at 30 psi, they always wore evenly doing the chalk test.

Stock size 265-70-17 can be had as a C rated tire and they even offer an all black version in that size and rating too.

Edited by swathdiver

• 2 weeks later...