Sierra SLE Crew Cab or SLT Double Cab

Hi everyone, 

I've originally been searching for an SLE Double Cab, but couldn't get the colors I wanted (for a good price) so have started looking at next step up.

I've found a dealer selling the SLE crew cap and the SLT Double for the same price. I'm now torn because I like the SLT trim a lot but also feel that a crew cab would be good value too. It's just my wife and I, no kids for at least another 3yrs so not sure if I'll even utilize the room.

For those of you who have purchased a double and/or crew, would appreciate your thoughts. 

Hi everyone, 

I've originally been searching for an SLE Double Cab, but could get the colors I want so have started looking at next step up.

I've found a dealer selling the SLE crew cap and the SLT Double for the same price. I'm now torn because I like the SLT trim a lot but also feel that a crew cab would be good value too. It's just my wife and I, no kids for at least another 3yrs so not sure if I'll even utilize the room.

For those of you who have purchased a double and/or crew, would appreciate your thoughts. 
I have the SLT Crew cab and I would personally take the crew cab if I only had 2 choices. The extra room is great, even with only the 2 of you, you will find it extremely beneficial. Nothing wrong with waiting for what you want either. I looked for 8 months within 150 miles radius before I found what I wanted.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I have a SLT Double cab. I rarely ever carry enough passengers to need a crew. The double cab rear door openings are small, and can be a pain for larger passengers. I love all of the options and equipment my SLT has. I came from a '13 SLE, and I was lacking some important options. It is possible to find a loaded SLE, but they are not common.

I suggest you look a little longer like Brad suggested.  The DC also has the 6.5' box which is a plus.  Most of the CC 1500 have a 5.8' box.  Search for a loaded SLE  (or SLT) CC with a standard (6.5') box.  You'll be glad you did!

I would personally go with the crew cab.  You may not be planning on children for 3 years, but sometimes plans change.  The crew cab is a lot more child friendly.  Not to say a double cab wouldn't work, I had a double cab for the first year with our son.  The crew cab just makes things easier.  Good luck with which ever one you choose.

I had a 2015 double cab for 8 months and traded up for a 2015 crew with the 6.5' box and couldn't be happier.  The double cab was fine most of the time, but even putting things in the back seat could be a pain at times loading items I didn't want to put in the bed.  The double cab did ride better on the shorter wheelbase, however.

Depends on how you want to use it.

If you need the space to haul people take the crew cab, if you need the space to haul stuff take the double cab.  I generally don't have more than 3 people in my truck usually so the crew cab was not a big deal for me and I need the bed space to haul lumber.  Also, if you plan on adding a tool box, a short bed is gonna start looking real small all of a sudden.

It doesn't sound like you're going to need a lot of interior space any time soon, so I'd go for the nicer trim level double cab.  You're getting a nicer truck in exchange for some space in the backseat basically, and I know alot of people that wish they had some extra bed space with their crew cab anyways.

10 hours ago, Western96 said:

Depends on how you want to use it.

If you need the space to haul people take the crew cab, if you need the space to haul stuff take the double cab.  I generally don't have more than 3 people in my truck usually so the crew cab was not a big deal for me and I need the bed space to haul lumber.  Also, if you plan on adding a tool box, a short bed is gonna start looking real small all of a sudden.

It doesn't sound like you're going to need a lot of interior space any time soon, so I'd go for the nicer trim level double cab.  You're getting a nicer truck in exchange for some space in the backseat basically, and I know alot of people that wish they had some extra bed space with their crew cab anyways.

Well stated.  This is why I advocate for a cc with a larger bed.  You get the best of both with minimal inconvenience from the additional length.   The CC's with the standard (6.5') beds are actually shorter than the exceptionally popular Super Cab and Extended Cab family haulers of the 70's - 90's.  This was because the 8' box was the norm and the 6.5 was called short!

11 hours ago, Donstar said:

Well stated.  This is why I advocate for a cc with a larger bed.  You get the best of both with minimal inconvenience from the additional length.   The CC's with the standard (6.5') beds are actually shorter than the exceptionally popular Super Cab and Extended Cab family haulers of the 70's - 90's.  This was because the 8' box was the norm and the 6.5 was called short!

I think if I ever ended up needing more inside space that's the route I'd go with.  I've already had one situation in a parking garage though where I don't think I would have been able to get out if my truck was any longer, had to do like a 24-point turn.  I need to start backing in more often...

2 hours ago, Western96 said:

I think if I ever ended up needing more inside space that's the route I'd go with.  I've already had one situation in a parking garage though where I don't think I would have been able to get out if my truck was any longer, had to do like a 24-point turn.  I need to start backing in more often...

I usually back into parking spaces.  I find it easier and is also more convenient when leaving.  My last truck was a GMC crew with the 5'8" short box.  My parking habits didn't change as a result of my current longer truck.

I just purchased my truck and had to decide for the exact same situation. Really liked the SLT options but realized the double cab is pretty much useless for my needs or passengers. I tried climbing in the back and it was a joke. Even my 15 year old daughter said it would not be comfortable for long trips. 

Ended up getting the crew cab SLE and have no regrets. There were a few options that I really wanted that I am now adding to the vehicle so will have everything except for leather. 

I just purchased my truck and had to decide for the exact same situation. Really liked the SLT options but realized the double cab is pretty much useless for my needs or passengers. I tried climbing in the back and it was a joke. Even my 15 year old daughter said it would not be comfortable for long trips. 
Ended up getting the crew cab SLE and have no regrets. There were a few options that I really wanted that I am now adding to the vehicle so will have everything except for leather. 
If you want leather there's many options out there for aftermarket leather.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Archived