HEAVY DUTY FRONT BUMPER

Howdy. I am in the market for a new bumper (Wife Fender bender)  and i came across SteelCraft® HD10420R. It says it weights  303 lbs.

I drive 2014 1500 Silverado with the RC 2.5 leveling kit.  

Has anyone else put that much weight on the front, and if so what have you noticed. in MPG or anything else?

What am i to expect with that amount of weight on the front?

Thanks in advance.

At any point, depending on how much you load up your truck, I wouldn't do it. Thats like a solid 200 lbs over what the stock bumper weighs.
Makes the front end right a little smoother. And I already have 800# or more of tools in the back of my truck. So the weight didn't really bother me. Also you add the with of a winch and it gets up to 300#

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Howdy. I am in the market for a new bumper (Wife Fender bender)  and i came across SteelCraft[emoji768] HD10420R. It says it weights  303 lbs.
I drive 2014 1500 Silverado with the RC 2.5 leveling kit.  
Has anyone else put that much weight on the front, and if so what have you noticed. in MPG or anything else?
What am i to expect with that amount of weight on the front?

Thanks in advance.

I haven't noticed any difference is mileage. If there is it's marginal. Mine rides a little softer in the front. And other then that haven't noticed anything.

Just now, smcgillis10 said:

Makes the front end right a little smoother. And I already have 800# or more of tools in the back of my truck. So the weight didn't really bother me. Also you add the with of a winch and it gets up to 300#

I regularly get very close to my GVWR so it really just depends on how you use your truck. If you're like me and don't like going over numbers or you just don't go anywhere near numbers then it should be fine. Its very dependent on usage case. By the way, the box should be delivered today.

I regularly get very close to my GVWR so it really just depends on how you use your truck. If you're like me and don't like going over numbers or you just don't go anywhere near numbers then it should be fine. Its very dependent on usage case. By the way, the box should be delivered today.

Says it's on the truck for delivery. I'm excited.

^^ Great question.  I can't imagine the extra sprung weight impacting mpg too much but it may cost a little height in the front end.
Just adding a winch and push bar dropped my mileage some. These newer trucks really rely on aerodynamics.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

49 minutes ago, pepsipopper2001 said:

How much of a height difference did you notice after adding the bumper.

I have some insight to adding weight off the front end of the truck. I measured mine up when looking into adding timbrens on the front.

My plow & mount weighs around 450#, but remember the lever arm is much longer since it is 4' out in front of the bumper.

Without my plow on, my lower bumper valence was 10.25" above ground. With plow on and raised, it dipped the clearance by 1-1/8".

After installing the timbrens, I gained about 1/2" of ground clearance back.

That said, due to the weight and location of your bumper, I would estimate your front end would only sag about 1/2" lower than stock height with no other mods. 

Archived