Ordering New 18' 2500HD Denali

With the Duramax Package to replace my 15' 1500 AT.

Question is do I bother to order the Z71 Off-Road Suspension this time or just go with the standard suspension to get a less stiffer ride quality?

With the Duramax Package to replace my 15' 1500 AT.

Question is do I bother to order the Z71 Off-Road Suspension this time or just go with the standard suspension to get a less stiffer ride quality?
There is no different suspension for the Z71 option.

Sent from my STH100-1 using Tapatalk

Standard Suspension Package

• Designed to maintain handling and ride quality while towing a trailer or carrying a load
  • 51 mm twin tube shock absorbers and 33 mm front stabilizer bar

Off-Road Suspension Package/Z71

Price  : $180

• Gas-charged shocks
  • A 33.6mm front stabilizer bar
  • Under body transfer case shield helps protect the transfer case from rocks and debris
  • Z71 chrome front fender emblems
  • Hill descent control

Too bad the 2500hd's do not have the magnetic ride shocks that the 1500 Denali has. That would be a different ride! My guess is that it would not hold up the added load a 2500 can handle.

From the Denali section of the 2018 order guide:

Z71         Suspension Package, Off-Road, requires 4WD models, includes twin tube Rancho brand shocks and (JHD) Hill Descent Control
2500 - Requires all-terrain tires. Z71 chrome front fender emblem not included on Denali models. 
3500 - Requires All-Terrain tires. Z71 chrome front fender emblem not included on Denali models. Not available with dual rear wheels.

And also:

NZZ    Underbody Shield, frame-mounted shields, includes front underbody shield starting behind front bumper and running to first cross-member, protecting front underbody, oil pan, differential case and transfer case
1500 - Standard on 4WD models only.

Standard on 2500/3500 Denali

Archived