Dex Cool - Doing a Flush & Fill

OK, I did some reading up and checked the owner's manual in both my Enclave and truck.  Both say the same thing about just using 50/50 Dex cool type coolant.  My truck is at 75k.  I'm looking to do a flush and re-fill at my next oil change.  I plan on using 50/50 premixed Prestone Dex Cool.   Any reason to use the ACDelco stuff over it?  Seems like that's my two main choices, Prestone Dex cool or the ACDelco stuff.  I can get the Prestone Dex cool 50/50 gallons @ Walmart for about $14.50.  The ACDelco coolant is about $22/gal online.  Any experiences?  I'm looking to do flush and fills every 75k/3-4yrs. And I change my coolant filter every 12 months. 

No, using non-GM/ACDelco stuff is fine.  The only problem is when you start mixing different types of coolant, certain combinations can cause serious problems.  But just draining out dexcool, and filling it up again with dexcool, even from a different manufacturer, is fine.

^True.  I normally do distilled water but the stuff has gotten hard to find.  Not all grocery stores carry it anymore.  We also run Distilled water in the clothes iron and shark mop. 

As for the color, when I look into the tank it looks orange.  When I see these photos of engine bays I see pink.  Maybe it's my eyes.

Archived