Fox 2.0 squeak / creak

Installed Fox 2.0 coilovers around this time last year with no issues until now. Started getting a horrible squeak/ creak from the front passenger coilover. I called up Fox and they explained that they changed the Top Hat (black piece with the Fox logo) from aluminum to plastic because of a clearance/ tolerance issue and changing should help with the sound.

Fortunately Fox is shipping the replacements for free but I will still have to pay for the install since they coilover has to be taken apart to replace it...

Just wanted to find out if anyone else has had this issue and or If you have plastic vs aluminum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 11 months later...

Any word on if this resolved your issue?

I started having the same issue once I put about 2000 miles on mine. My '18 sounds like the old truck out on the ranch.

Edited by thomaswgoodwin
changed question

• 1 month later...

I got word from my shop the other day. Sorry for the delay in posting. They assured me that their Raptor trucks that they build make the same noises. They also contacted Fox for me and were told that if I wanted to send them in, the could put boots on them. Apparently their seals are so tight that the synthetic seal rubbing on the shock shaft creates the noise. I was told to keep applying lithium grease and it could possibly help over time. Also, warm weather would soften the synthetic seals a bit. Not the greatest news, but maybe it will get a little better if some grease eventually works its way into the seal.

• 9 months later...

Reviving a super old thread here, but I wanted to let anyone looking into these that the problem went away. Unfortunately, I can not remember at what mileage it stopped, but I have not had an issue in quite a long time. Besides the noises for the first 5-10K, the performance is incredible and I will never willingly drive a truck with the stock Ranchos ever again.