Well I finally pulled the trigger...

After months and months of reading endless topics on everything from levels to coilovers to lifts and everything in-between, I finally pulled the trigger on my new setup.

Went with Bilstein 5100's all around, fronts set at max height and crammed 305/70R17 Toyo AT2's (34x12) in there on Method NV 17x8.5. They took my front mudflaps off and did some trimming but covered the trimming back up with the carpet liner and I have zero rubbing.

Loving the setup so far. Looks awesome and the Bilsteins ride so much better than the factory Ranchos, even at max height. Truck's look/stance is completely changed with these wheels/tires.

Pictures to come whenever I can get some taken and uploaded.

Looks great and thanks for posting. I am also looking at the 5100's to put on my truck, but was also going to upgrade the block in the back with the 2" from RC that I got with the leveling kit I had for my '15 as I opted for 3" at that time. I want to keep a bit more rake due to towing, but also have Helwig helper springs also.

Thanks for helping me just about make my mind up. LOL

Oh almost forgot, who/where'd you grab your set from?

16 minutes ago, Korazu said:

Looks great and thanks for posting. I am also looking at the 5100's to put on my truck, but was also going to upgrade the block in the back with the 2" from RC that I got with the leveling kit I had for my '15 as I opted for 3" at that time. I want to keep a bit more rake due to towing, but also have Helwig helper springs also.

Thanks for helping me just about make my mind up. LOL

Oh almost forgot, who/where'd you grab your set from?

Thanks man, I’ve borderline obsessed and changed my mind several times along the way. 

I snatched up the Bilsteins and Methods on sale after Christmas from 4WP. 

Tires and installation were done by Trails West here in Columbus. Owned by a friend of a friend. They do great work and made sure everything fits.

Still no rubbing and I’ve cranked it full lock in both directions. 

2 hours ago, CMSearle2 said:

Thanks man, I’ve borderline obsessed and changed my mind several times along the way. 

I snatched up the Bilsteins and Methods on sale after Christmas from 4WP. 

Tires and installation were done by Trails West here in Columbus. Owned by a friend of a friend. They do great work and made sure everything fits.

Still no rubbing and I’ve cranked it full lock in both directions. 

Thanks for the information bud. I just bought my set from them and they were having a 14% off sale and I also had a stackable 10% off, which equally to 303.xx + local tax as they have a brick and mortar bldg. about 30 minutes away.

I will get those on and then decide which Fuel rims and what tires I want. Always something. lol

Really nice look, imo.  Bilsteins, 17" wheels and huge tires gives you  tons of brawn without sacrificing ride quality or compromising your stock suspension. Thank you for the pictures!

On 1/25/2018 at 7:42 AM, 14BlackSilverado said:

Looks good!  What are your ground to wheel well measurements now?  curious how much rake you have if any.  I am about to put on Bilsteins myself but was thinking going notch under max setting.

Front:

fullsizeoutput_d43.thumb.jpeg.7b157313db1279b13ea53902d9ed065a.jpeg

Rear:

fullsizeoutput_d44.thumb.jpeg.18a229a08031b25161f53e2070532518.jpeg

Did those quickly but looks like just shy of an inch of rake still.

Archived