Auto-Folding Mirrors

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Anyone think this could be a low voltage issue? 

I started noticing this problem on my 2018 Sierra after a couple years - with the passenger side mirror when long-pressing lock to auto-fold, sometimes it would fold sometimes it wouldn't. Most of the time it would work. Now I also go a week or 2 without driving the truck, due to travel or just driving other vehicles.

Recently it seemed fine, now I just got back from a couple weeks away and battery seems a little low when starting. I put it on a charger after being away, but I think the battery is now just getting old. Today, I noticed it's now the driver's side that won't fold but the pasenger side did. So I don't think it's mechanical gears, but rather one side just not getting the voltage it needs while the truck is locking and trying to fold the mirrors at the same time. 

When the truck is on and running the mirrors fold find, so I'll replace the battery before winter and see if I notice anything after. 

5 hours ago, 02SOMWS6 said:

Anyone think this could be a low voltage issue? 

I started noticing this problem on my 2018 Sierra after a couple years - with the passenger side mirror when long-pressing lock to auto-fold, sometimes it would fold sometimes it wouldn't. Most of the time it would work. Now I also go a week or 2 without driving the truck, due to travel or just driving other vehicles.

Recently it seemed fine, now I just got back from a couple weeks away and battery seems a little low when starting. I put it on a charger after being away, but I think the battery is now just getting old. Today, I noticed it's now the driver's side that won't fold but the pasenger side did. So I don't think it's mechanical gears, but rather one side just not getting the voltage it needs while the truck is locking and trying to fold the mirrors at the same time. 

When the truck is on and running the mirrors fold find, so I'll replace the battery before winter and see if I notice anything after. 

Probably your issue, these trucks are very finicky when it comes to the electronics.