Which aftermarket exhaust for good sound, but not too loud?

I got catbacks from MBRP for my 2015 for less than $600.00. Delivered to my house in 4 days.

Looked around and compared to the thousand dollar ones, didn't see too much difference.

Real easy to install, fit perfect, and I think they sound really good when you get on it.

Not too loud puttin' around town or in the neighborhood.

Stainless, pretty sure lifetime warranty.

Got them from Summit Racing. Search for:

MBRP XP Series Exhaust System S5084409

This P/N goes straight out the back. I think they make them to come out behind rear tires also?

I'm satisfied with my purchase.

• Like 1

For my 6.2L I used a 12909 Magnaflow to replace OEM muffler, resonator and flapper delete....12909 is a 22" muffler with 3.5" inlet and outlet so there might be a better model of similar design for 5.3L

Good start up growl, when cruising hardly any sounds above oem sounds (very minimal to me) and when giving it the gas over 1750 rpm's she really comes to life with sound.

Good luck finding your sound.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I got a heckuva deal last week on the Borla Atak, but I'm afraid it might be too loud for my liking. But the deal was so good I couldn't pass it up! I could be talked into trading for a Borla or Corsa touring in the right exit pipe config! 

• 3 months later...
On 4/7/2018 at 8:04 AM, Bigrich said:

Gibson sounds awesome & it’s affordable. 

I have 2017 Silverado MightNight Edition with a 6.2L, Put a gibson super truck cat back exhaust on & it sounds awesome. Yes very affordable. Had one on my other silverado 2003 with a 5.3L & sounded great. On the 2017 has a much deeper sound. Got my Range AFM disable today & what a big differents it made in driving & the exhaust sounds awesome all the time now.  

Edited by Big Earl

• 10 months later...

2018 silverado here 5.3l v8. No afm delete. All stock. Used the stock mid pipe, made my own sweet cat back. Cut from the muffler back. Welded a super 44 in place si/so. Then welded in a magnaflow 14inch si/so to mellow out the sound. Sounds amazing. No drone at all. Sounds nice on cold start, not too loud at all. Can hear the rumble of the super 44 with a mellow deep tone. Sounds smooth as hell. Single out the back. All cost me all $200 and 1/2 hr up here in Vancouver BC Canada.

Edited by Graphite Silverado 2018
Wrong words

I installed a single side flowmaster 40  and resonator delete 

to me it’s perfect not too loud but you def hear it. 

Only wish i would would have done dual out for looks but at the time I was trying to save money

8 hours ago, Graphite Silverado 2018 said:

Jscottl, hows the drone in the cab? Did you keep the flapper? 

None. Flapper I don't know if they cut it off or not. Running a Range anyway.

• 4 weeks later...

borla s-type cat back. split pipe/ both sides. love it. not crazy on the pedal like atak but loud enuff to say hello.. lol. air raid cai a must. also suggest the range afm. love it.. an if ya really wanna wake the 5.3 up add a pedal comander. . leave it on sport..  1 word.. killer

Just swap out your muffler for a magnaflow. Very mellow tone all around, minimal drone (drone and loud are both very subjective. I am old with ear hairs so i'm very sensitive to loud, sound and drone...all subjective). I have a GMPP Borla and at 3K it had this resonance that I could not stand. So i threw the stock resonator back on there and now it's fine. FYI this is the exhaust that virtually everyone said it doesn't drone...but it did for me. Also, my friend has a corsa sport. Thing is loud...but to me it's the sweetest sound in the world and i would not mind those pipes whatsoever...again...he doesn't hear any chop when in V4, while I totally hear the fleet of choppers over us.