Replacing Aluminum Upper Control Arms

So - I’m about to do an 8” suspension lift on my 2014 Silverado 1500 and need to replace one of my Aluminum UCA’s so decided to just do both at the same time. SuperKings 8” Lift requires I keep the UCAs in OEM spec so no UCAs that are made for lifts or such.

I’m looking at some stamped steel ones as a replacement; this won’t be a problem with my lift kit but I’m curious if I swap out my aluminum UCAs for stamped steel would I also have to replace my lower control arms to stamped steel as well(as their also currently aluminum).

Appreciate the help!

https://www.superlift.com/8-inch-lift-kit-2014-2018-chevy-silverado-and-gmc-sierra-4wd-with-factory-aluminum-or-stamped-steel-control-arms-with-king-coilovers-and-shocks

This is the kit I’m installing, I have aluminum control arms right now which is fine, this kit allows aluminum or stamped Steele but has to be oem spec.

So I’m wondering, since my upper control arms are done now; can I just replace with Steel ones?

Can you get a picture of your upper arms for me. I've never seen a 14 15 silverado with aluminum arms. Only sierras.  Nit saying you're wrong but something doesnt seem right 

On 4/29/2018 at 9:22 AM, WesternMike said:

So - I’m about to do an 8” suspension lift on my 2014 Silverado 1500 and need to replace one of my Aluminum UCA’s so decided to just do both at the same time. SuperKings 8” Lift requires I keep the UCAs in OEM spec so no UCAs that are made for lifts or such.

I’m looking at some stamped steel ones as a replacement; this won’t be a problem with my lift kit but I’m curious if I swap out my aluminum UCAs for stamped steel would I also have to replace my lower control arms to stamped steel as well(as their also currently aluminum).

Appreciate the help!

In your post you say you are looking to replace UCA's. 

Edited by 24v