Engine seized need help !!!

Hello all !!! I’m new to the forum need some information regarding a GMC Sierra Denali 2016 that I purchased in Dubai In May 2018 I checked the car thoroughly it didn’t have no problems.The car was exported from Dubai to Pakistan where GMC is not officially present.I drove the car 500 km’s and the engine ceased at 37000 km’s after pulling the engine out an independent mechanic at a workshop discovered that the engine was repaired due to a severe leak in the block towards the flywheel which could not be seen from underneath the car during inspection but there was something more strange than that the engine identification number seems to be tempered I’m gona post a picture of it,if someone whose seen the block number on their engine can let me know if this block number is factory stamped or tempered.I’d appreciate their time.

059BC7DF-2F58-47E3-8204-69BC2BED97DC.jpeg

61850EFA-5D7D-4736-9CC0-CBF77D2ACBA4.jpeg

74ED3136-F978-4A69-A0FF-14C9520B163E.jpeg

EF1AD281-0447-4B08-BFC2-498109EC07CB.jpeg

33042C88-4CE3-4A52-8E14-0D6F737CCB40.jpeg

299DC5E3-624F-4121-925C-4FA0441BAA94.jpeg

That appears to be factory style numbering.  Someone has definitely been in that engine before.  GM does not use orange silicon sealant and when they use sealant, they don't use huge gobs of it.  That appears to have been patched up and shipped out from a less than reputable source.  I hate to say it, but you got screwed.

Thank you for your reply I’m not sure if the numbering is factory style as I’ve never owned a GM vehicle prior to this i hate to accept it but that’s what’s happened some one has definitely been there its badly damaged I’m in talks with the dealer in Dubai to get me a replacement engine if he doesn’t agree I’m gona file a complain against him for fraudulent case.

Crimson sorry for your troubles.  Someone did try to band aid fix a major issue with the engine.  Silicone used is not the correct type used by the factory.  Was there some indication such as tapping or knocking before your engine seize?  

Lastly hope your problem is fixed and the dealer makes you happy with their response.

There was no knocking or tapping the engine lost power suddenly it shook for 2-5 minutes  under throttle and then seized at first I thought it was the battery or perhaps the starter motor but it turned out to be a major issue I’m hoping to get it fixed ASAP as I love the truck but this issue came too early I barely drove it I'm in contact with the dealer in Dubai hoping to get a replacement engine. 

Sorry to hear. I hope you can come up with a solution. A friend of mine bought a 2010 F150 from a Chevy dealer, it blew up 100 miles after he bought it. Since it was within 60 days, the Chevy dealer replaced his 5.4L Triton at no cost to him. Another friend also had a 5.4L Triton blow and it cost him close to 10K CAD installed. 

Hope your situation lines up with the first example. That truck must be a real head turner in Pakistan. Let us know how you fair out with your slimy dealer. 

15 hours ago, Jchoi said:

Good luck with your efforts. It’s a terrible feeling to be taken advantage of, so I hope things work out for you. 

Thanks man flying back to Dubai to deal with dealer, will get a new engine and ship it over availability of parts at my side of the shore is close to none for these trucks.

12 hours ago, 10SierraA.T. said:

Sorry to hear. I hope you can come up with a solution. A friend of mine bought a 2010 F150 from a Chevy dealer, it blew up 100 miles after he bought it. Since it was within 60 days, the Chevy dealer replaced his 5.4L Triton at no cost to him. Another friend also had a 5.4L Triton blow and it cost him close to 10K CAD installed. 

Hope your situation lines up with the first example. That truck must be a real head turner in Pakistan. Let us know how you fair out with your slimy dealer. 

Bad things happen at times one can’t do nothing about it I was hoping to have trouble free time with the truck, I will be going to Dubai to get a new engine that’s the only option... hoping to get a reimbursement cost of the engine from the dealer....it is a real head turner down here we’ve like 2-5 Gmc’s all over the country you get an idea.The most common Suv here is a Toyota Land Cruiser everyone with a deep pocket owns one. I surely will update you ppl. Wish me luck !

• Like 2

That is the engine it was built with. GM has a warranty block on that VIN number. Fully voided.Something must have happened to make them do that. We don't see many blocked warranties and we run 45-55 cars a day threw the shop. Was delivered in the middle east 4/21/16. Also has 2 open campaigns on it 28770 and 16007. First one is a transfer case control module software up date and the second one is an air bag module software update.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mjm-1957 said:

That is the engine it was built with. GM has a warranty block on that VIN number. Fully voided.Something must have happened to make them do that. We don't see many blocked warranties and we run 45-55 cars a day threw the shop. Was delivered in the middle east 4/21/16. Also has 2 open campaigns on it 28770 and 16007. First one is a transfer case control module software up date and the second one is an air bag module software update.

What would lead GM to fully void a warranty?

• txab changed the title to Engine seized need help !!!
15 hours ago, mjm-1957 said:

Thank you for your reply it’s very ironic to know that a car with 37000km has its warranty voided which means some one has done something out of the dealership shop I’m gonna be flying soon to the Middle east to show this as an evidence to the dealer that I purchased the car from he told me its under warranty and you can check it.

Edited by Crimsondenali

Could have been a total write off such as a flood car, very common up here in the north east. Once the insurance company pays off the title is listed as salvage and the block is applied. Could also have been something to do with fraud and they got caught. Shouldn't matter that the truck is not in the same area it was sold in as far as the warranty coverage applies. If you bought it from a GM dealer it should not have been delivered with open campaigns.