GM to offer a lift kit for the 2019 pickups.

1 hour ago, RyanbabZ71 said:

Oops I checked but forgot to post. Yea mine are steel like my previous 2010

Ryan B.

Thanks for checking. 

I suppose it’s a question for the GM engineers then as to why only the LT with the 5.3L has the composite leaf. My truck does ride nice and I never had all the bounce that a lot of others describe with their trucks. Maybe this is because of the composite leaf.

I suppose GM thought that the type of driver who would buy an LT would like a more comfortable ride. I guess I am getting old. ?

But if I want to upgrade to the TB lift, I will need to also buy the standard steel leaf springs. Wonder how much they cost.

Buy the lift and only install the front portion and the rear shocks. Dont worry about the block for the back, plus it will be level then.

The only thing you should have concerns about is if the dealer will calibrate the steering for the TB lift you have installed since its not "compatible" with it. I feel like this is just GMs way of not taking sales away from the LT TB.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Why would you spend 1300 and only install the shocks??? There are a lot more components than shocks and rear blocks

Ryan B.
Did you miss the part where I said install the front portion? All that the rear has is bump stops, shocks and a block (with u bolts). I should have included bump stops...

On 8/18/2018 at 8:53 AM, newdude said:

$1295 is the kit price, which includes everything I listed above including the reprogramming.  It books 4.5 hours to install so if your local dealer has an accessory labor rate (we do) its typically a lesser $$$ than the standard shop rate.  So using our $80/hour accessory rate, installed price would be $1655 + tax.  $1295 for the kit, $360 in labor.  Again, that number can vary depending on what pricing other dealers may use.

Do you know if none of the stuff is included in the X31 Off Road Package ? I guess my questions is, if you I have the X31 package I will still need all the components to upgrade the suspension ?

Do you know if none of the stuff is included in the X31 Off Road Package ? I guess my questions is, if you I have the X31 package I will still need all the components to upgrade the suspension ?

Yes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks for checking. 

I suppose it’s a question for the GM engineers then as to why only the LT with the 5.3L has the composite leaf. My truck does ride nice and I never had all the bounce that a lot of others describe with their trucks. Maybe this is because of the composite leaf.

I suppose GM thought that the type of driver who would buy an LT would like a more comfortable ride. I guess I am getting old. [emoji38]

But if I want to upgrade to the TB lift, I will need to also buy the standard steel leaf springs. Wonder how much they cost.

Check this out

baa609aba9ea03d7176efa1b9a016205.jpg

1 hour ago, RyanbabZ71 said:

Check this out

baa609aba9ea03d7176efa1b9a016205.jpg

Thanks for the heads up. I just posted in that discussion to see if Rob could get some answers from his dealer.

I’ve also been doing some thinking and came up with another idea why the composite leaf isn’t compatible with the TB lift kit.

Upon comparison, I have noticed that the composite leaf spring is thicker than the steel on all other models. This could be the reason why the lift kit isn’t compatible simply because the rear of the truck would ride too high (?). 

I’ll have to go to the dealer tomorrow and take some height measurements of an all steel leaf spring stack as well as just the thickness of the steel secondary leaf and then compare the numbers to mine.

Edited by Z06JPB

Well, looks like you’re right. I found this link: https://media.chevrolet.com/content/media/us/en/chevrolet/vehicles/silverado/2019/_jcr_content/iconrow/textfile/file.res/2019-Chevrolet-Silverado-1500-Product-Guide.pdf

Says “composite second-stage rear leaf springs on LT models”. So GM gets off the hook for what looked like a marketing ploy. It still doesn’t specify if this is for all engine combinations or just the 5.3L.

But why just on the LT are there composite rear springs? For a softer ride? Weight savings? What? Like I said before, I really would have figured the LTZ or high country would be the ones with a composite.

I’ll physically check my truck in the morning but looks as though I’ll have to buy Custom/RST/LTZ/HC leaf springs if I want the TB lift. Ugh [emoji53]
Why do you think the composite leaf spring is not compatible with the TB lift? I can't see why it would matter, the TB just uses a block for the rear lift. People are lifting their regular LTs using 5" blocks and it's working for them. I just dont want you wasting money on different leaf springs if you dont need to.

13 minutes ago, JR09country said:

Why do you think the composite leaf spring is not compatible with the TB lift? I can't see why it would matter, the TB just uses a block for the rear lift. People are lifting their regular LTs using 5" blocks and it's working for them. I just dont want you wasting money on different leaf springs if you dont need to.

Because of GM’s compatibility chart for the lift kit. We have deduced that the reason the LT with 5.3L isn’t compatible is because it is the only model with composite leaf springs.

Additionally, if the kit were added against GM policy, 1.) would I void my warranty?, and 2.) Would the tech even be able to get the steering reprogram code from GM because my VIN would show up as an incompatible vehicle.

38A5729E-EF63-468F-A714-B8F639D44846.png

Edited by Z06JPB

Because of GM’s compatibility chart for the lift kit. We have deduced that the reason the LT with 5.3L isn’t compatible is because it is the only model with composite leaf springs.

Additionally, if the kit were added against GM policy, 1.) would I void my warranty?, and 2.) Would the tech even be able to get the steering reprogram code from GM because my VIN would show up as an incompatible vehicle.
38A5729E-EF63-468F-A714-B8F639D44846.thumb.png.f700472a4351cc339902d339f085e20f.png

I think from your previous statements about it being GM keeping people from people doing this eating into trailboss sales is the most accurate reason why. The composite leaf spring shouldnt make a difference. Plus even if you swap the leaf spring the vin incompatibility would still come in to effect.

Anyways good luck on the endeavor, hopefully you can find a dealer willing to work with you.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2019 at 8:13 PM, RyanbabZ71 said:

Yes

I went to the dealership yesterday 8/24/2019 and was informed that GM removed the kit part from their systems. You can't get the upgrade done through them for now. Does anyone know why GM is no longer offering it? 

On 8/25/2019 at 11:47 AM, RRMI said:

I went to the dealership yesterday 8/24/2019 and was informed that GM removed the kit part from their systems. You can't get the upgrade done through them for now. Does anyone know why GM is no longer offering it? 

So they don’t have the parts kit listed or for sale anymore? Interesting.