GM to offer a lift kit for the 2019 pickups.

13 minutes ago, badwolf said:

Anyone with a LT 5.3L able to get this installed yet? Is the composite leaf spring enough reason to not have this kit installed? If that's the case, I'd assume all LT 5.3L owners would not be able to add a 1" block to the rear. Would an add a leaf be an option to pair with a 2" front level?

Still waiting to hear from GM engineers why the composite leaf spring can’t be used with the factory lift kit.

Alternatively, I have thought about buying the steel leaf springs and having them installed with the lift. They are $150 each on sites like GM parts direct and such.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Z06JPB said:

Still waiting to hear from GM engineers why the composite leaf spring can’t be used with the factory lift kit.

Alternatively, I have thought about buying the steel leaf springs and having them installed with the lift. They are $150 each on sites like GM parts direct and such.

Interested in their response.. Other aftermarket companies such as Fabtech and RC are offering 3in kits that offer slightly similar results. They do not mention that it is incompatible for LT 5.3L models. Either they aren't aware of the 'incompatibility' or there really is none. Someone previously mentioned it could be a marketing ploy to prevent LT owners from essentially building a TB for cheaper, but if the composite leaf springs really do make a difference I would like to know.

12 minutes ago, badwolf said:

Interested in their response.. Other aftermarket companies such as Fabtech and RC are offering 3in kits that offer slightly similar results. They do not mention that it is incompatible for LT 5.3L models. Either they aren't aware of the 'incompatibility' or there really is none. Someone previously mentioned it could be a marketing ploy to prevent LT owners from essentially building a TB for cheaper, but if the composite leaf springs really do make a difference I would like to know.

Me too. Though I’m thinking I may never get an answer. 

The only trucks in the lineup that use the composite springs springs are the 5.3L LT and the Sierra Denali. 

• 5 weeks later...

I have a 2019 Crew Cab LT 4X4 with the composite overload leaf springs.  What I have found out from the aftermarket is there are no restrictions on lift blocks with the composite springs.  They won't specifically say yes the lift blocks work with the composite springs but I have spoken with 2 different aftermarket manufacturer's support lines and they are saying "we are not getting any complaints or having any issues with the composite leaf springs".  On the other hand when I called the GM support line directly they said that they didn't know anything about it and they probably couldn't tell the consumer if they had information.  I have talked to multiple GM dealerships and they didn't even know the lift existed.  This kit is not excluded by VIN when mine was ordered they used the VIN to find the parts available and when it arrived at the dealership and I had dropped my truck off for installation they called me and told me it was incompatible because of  the composite springs and 5.3 motor...  They contacted GM corporate to find out why this would matter and according to the GM parts general manager they have not tested the lift with the composite spring trucks.  He indicated that they were currently undergoing testing and should be available for install in the next few months.  I agree with others on this thread that GM doesn't want consumers building cheaper trail boss trucks.  I ran the numbers and when I bought my truck and TB lift kit I saved $8k over buying the trail boss.  I think GM is messing with the consumer on this and I don't believe that they will allow it to be installed anytime soon.  That's just my 2 cents.

• Like 2

On 10/25/2019 at 6:29 PM, Camelroo said:

I have a 2019 Crew Cab LT 4X4 with the composite overload leaf springs.  What I have found out from the aftermarket is there are no restrictions on lift blocks with the composite springs.  They won't specifically say yes the lift blocks work with the composite springs but I have spoken with 2 different aftermarket manufacturer's support lines and they are saying "we are not getting any complaints or having any issues with the composite leaf springs".  On the other hand when I called the GM support line directly they said that they didn't know anything about it and they probably couldn't tell the consumer if they had information.  I have talked to multiple GM dealerships and they didn't even know the lift existed.  This kit is not excluded by VIN when mine was ordered they used the VIN to find the parts available and when it arrived at the dealership and I had dropped my truck off for installation they called me and told me it was incompatible because of  the composite springs and 5.3 motor...  They contacted GM corporate to find out why this would matter and according to the GM parts general manager they have not tested the lift with the composite spring trucks.  He indicated that they were currently undergoing testing and should be available for install in the next few months.  I agree with others on this thread that GM doesn't want consumers building cheaper trail boss trucks.  I ran the numbers and when I bought my truck and TB lift kit I saved $8k over buying the trail boss.  I think GM is messing with the consumer on this and I don't believe that they will allow it to be installed anytime soon.  That's just my 2 cents.

Other alternative is buying the all steel leaf springs online. They are only $148 each.

Has anyone here installed a leveling kit on top of the GM Accessories 2" Suspension Lift?  Apparently it can be done because I've seen a dealership advertising it in Texas. I'm curious to know if this factory lift GM is offering is essentially the same suspension set up as a Trail Boss? I have a Trail Boss with a 2" level sitting on 35x12.50 Nitto MT's and am trying to create that look with my High Country utilizing the GM lift + aftermarket level. 

To be clear, will I be able to order a leveling kit made for a Trail Boss and successfully install it on a High Country equipped with the 2" GM Lift?

188902318_PetersHC.jpg.2338e254a77191cd791be500ce96a595.jpg107417064_BrannenTB.thumb.jpg.a5cb123fa1675e55bd16b029bf3d6ec3.jpg

Edited by jackm007

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/15/2019 at 3:08 AM, pupabruh said:

So did anyone get this done so far for sierra 4x4? Would like to try it if theres positive reviews

I just had the GM 2" lift kit installed.  I have an X31 SLT and I love the look and think the ride is better now.

20191214_095115.jpg

20191214_094154.jpg

Edited by FlyerPete
  • Like 2

Sorry, don’t want to hijack this thread. Does anyone know if LTZ 3.0 duramax 4x4 can get the 2” lift? I just ordered the truck and the salesman did not know because it was not pulling the lift up on the gm accessory pages. I checked later and it is not pulling the lift up for any config it seems. I found some documents that mention it can not be nstalled on LT or LT 2wd 3.0. 

It isn’t a deal breaker for me, but it looks so bad ass. Hopefully with the 2” lift it can fit in 7ft door. 

11 hours ago, NICK19LTZ said:

6.2 LTZ with gm 2 inch lift kit and rough country 1.5 inch trailboss level still waiting to get bigger tires down the road currently 275/60r20 Duratracs 

3DE6C8D1-0287-40AC-B8A2-ABEEB410C4EA.jpeg

Looks great, I have a RC 3.5" waiting in the garage.... hope it looks as good as this. Are you running any type of spacer on the wheels?

4 minutes ago, curly said:

Looks great, I have a RC 3.5" waiting in the garage.... hope it looks as good as this. Are you running any type of spacer on the wheels?

Running stock wheels and tires 275/60r20 Duratracs going to go bigger down the road when I can 

• Like 1