GM to offer a lift kit for the 2019 pickups.

On 8/25/2019 at 8:47 AM, RRMI said:

I went to the dealership yesterday 8/24/2019 and was informed that GM removed the kit part from their systems. You can't get the upgrade done through them for now. Does anyone know why GM is no longer offering it? 

I called a dealership about this yesterday. They did have trouble finding it and in the system it said that was now only for 2WD vehicles,  yet you can pull it up anywhere online and it says 4WD and works for a variety of vehicles. The parts guy then pulled up a VIN of a Sierra 1500 SLT X31 that I'm looking at and then cross checked it with that PN and said it fits. I think more investigating is probably required though. Seems there is probably some transition going on.

I wonder if they are suspending offering the kit because of the issues some of us are having with loose drivers side halfshaft?  (see Jingle Jingle thread).

Seems like the fix they have isn’t working so far. 

Just a thought. 

• Like 1

Thank you all for the info, do you all think that if just go for the 2 inch leveling in the front I will OK for the 275/65R20 KO2s? 

4 hours ago, Mstorm18 said:

I called a dealership about this yesterday. They did have trouble finding it and in the system it said that was now only for 2WD vehicles,  yet you can pull it up anywhere online and it says 4WD and works for a variety of vehicles. The parts guy then pulled up a VIN of a Sierra 1500 SLT X31 that I'm looking at and then cross checked it with that PN and said it fits. I think more investigating is probably required though. Seems there is probably some transition going on.

14 hours ago, Limelight said:

I wonder if they are suspending offering the kit because of the issues some of us are having with loose drivers side halfshaft?  (see Jingle Jingle thread).

Seems like the fix they have isn’t working so far. 

Just a thought. 

Interesting. Haven’t heard of this issue. I’ll look that up.

Went to the dealer and took some photos of the leaf spring mounting area of a Trail Boss, a standard all-steel leaf from a Custom, and then my LT with the composite leaf.

I’ve attached pictures below. I can’t see why you couldn’t have the trail boss lift installed on a composite leaf system.

The only reason I can see is that the composite leaf already makes the rear sit higher than with a standard, all-steel leaf system. If you look at the picture, the composite leaf is as thick as both of the two steel leafs stacked on top. This means a trail boss lift would make an LT 5.3L sit even higher in the rear than a factory trail boss! Not by much (maybe 1/4”), but maybe enough to affect the shock absorber travel. 

59A53FE8-F5EB-46D4-B67D-8C9825FB6956.jpeg

7550FEEA-C65E-4A21-AD67-AB2183C356A0.jpeg

E62D8F94-D157-477C-A934-5566EB0F13E4.jpeg

Edited by Z06JPB

Went to the dealer and took some photos of the leaf spring mounting area of a Trail Boss, a standard all-steel leaf from a Custom, and then my LT with the composite leaf.

I’ve attached pictures below. I can’t see why you couldn’t have the trail boss lift installed on a composite leaf system.

The only reason I can see is that the composite leaf already makes the rear sit higher than with a standard, all-steel leaf system. If you look at the picture, the composite leaf is as thick as both of the two steel leafs stacked on top. This means a trail boss lift would make an LT 5.3L sit even higher in the rear than a factory trail boss! Not by much (maybe 1/4”), but maybe enough to affect the shock absorber travel. 

59A53FE8-F5EB-46D4-B67D-8C9825FB6956.thumb.jpeg.225e7346d5f90d432e2eb0bc67b3aed8.jpeg
7550FEEA-C65E-4A21-AD67-AB2183C356A0.thumb.jpeg.2088f6d221635701fbc6a3e38b6d13a5.jpeg
E62D8F94-D157-477C-A934-5566EB0F13E4.thumb.jpeg.cc4c1b3ac7f2e5c4327114a71b91ad3b.jpeg
Did you get the height of the composite leaf spring? It looks a little taller but other than that everything on the TB kit looks like it would work.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, JR09country said:

Did you get the height of the composite leaf spring? It looks a little taller but other than that everything on the TB kit looks like it would work.

Like a dummy, I did not bring my measure with me to record the heights of the TB and standard springs. I will measure my composite tomorrow and if I have time, go back and measure the other two and post on here.

• Like 1

On 8/29/2019 at 6:39 PM, JR09country said:

The height of the stack with composite is 2.22”. The height of just the composite leaf is 0.97”. 

I couldn't get to the dealer to measure the others today.

• 2 weeks later...

4wd version is back on GM accessories website with a new part number!

https://accessories.chevrolet.com/product/2019/Chevrolet/Silverado 1500/lift-suspension-upgrade-system-for-4wd-vehicles-84649981?categoryId=12001

Plan to give a few dealerships a call tomorrow to get labor costs, also curious if I were to install myself then go to dealer for required recalibration of steering and camera??

Edited by Davidj98

Called a few local dealers, most will match GM parts direct at $1053, but labor ranges from 680 to 480. Plus cost of alignment and tax. 

I wonder if the removed parts are worth much on eBay to help recoup some of cost.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Davidj98 said:

Called a few local dealers, most will match GM parts direct at $1053, but labor ranges from 680 to 480. Plus cost of alignment and tax. 

I wonder if the removed parts are worth much on eBay to help recoup some of cost.

Nice there is a new kit. They updated something with the new part number but who knows what that might be.

My dealer quoted me $480. Didn’t say anything about the alignment but I’ll assume it’s extra.

It would be nice to recoup some of the money by selling the used parts but not sure how much market there would be if any. You would really be selling the axles and the shocks/struts so unless anybody is looking to lower their trail boss, I think it would be a hard sale.

In my case, I am still considering buying new steel leaf springs so I’d be selling my springs with the composite leaf. There might be a market for those springs but still very little.

Hello, I only did the Rough Country 2 inch in the front and my 275/65R20 KO2 fit perfect no rubbing giving an extra inch of hieght. it raised 3 inches total in the front and 1 inch in the back. No lights on dash, no issues checked with dealership no warranties will be affected. Cost Country Rough Kit installed aligned and balanced $255.72 and $1,040.00 on tires Total $1,295.72. It's 1 inch lower than the AT4 on the back and same level as AT4 on the front it looks and drives great.

GMC.JPG

GMC 2.JPG

GMC 3.JPG

GMC 4.JPG

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RRMI said:

Hello, I only did the Rough Country 2 inch in the front and my 275/65R20 KO2 fit perfect no rubbing giving an extra inch of hieght. it raised 3 inches total in the front and 1 inch in the back. No lights on dash, no issues checked with dealership no warranties will be affected. Cost Country Rough Kit installed aligned and balanced $255.72 and $1,040.00 on tires Total $1,295.72. It's 1 inch lower than the AT4 on the back and same level as AT4 on the front it looks and drives great.

GMC.JPG

GMC 2.JPG

GMC 3.JPG

GMC 4.JPG

How did you get raised 3 inch in the front and 1 inch in the back if you only got the 2 inch front lift? I know rough country makes a 3 inch lift kit which is 3 in the front and 1 inch block in the back. But did you get the 2 inch front level and a 1 inch rear block?