GM to offer a lift kit for the 2019 pickups.

Thanks DogMom and ronclean1 for the info.  Hoping I can get this done as part of my vehicle purchase?
Yes you can purchase a Trail Boss that comes with this lift.

Otherwise, some dealers install aftermarket lifts and include the price on the window sticker. If they go with anything other than the GM lift kit then make sure the dealership will warranty any parts that their modification could effect. If the aftermarket lift ends up ruining your suspension down the road for example, then GM could decide not to cover that under your warranty.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

48 minutes ago, DogMom said:

Yes you can purchase a Trail Boss that comes with this lift.

Otherwise, some dealers install aftermarket lifts and include the price on the window sticker. If they go with anything other than the GM lift kit then make sure the dealership will warranty any parts that their modification could effect. If the aftermarket lift ends up ruining your suspension down the road for example, then GM could decide not to cover that under your warranty.

Ya - wanting to possibly add it to an RST since the 3.0L Diesel is not available on the Trail Boss.  

Ya - wanting to possibly add it to an RST since the 3.0L Diesel is not available on the Trail Boss.  
Depends on the dealer. If they want/need the sale bad enough, you might be able to work it in [emoji6]

Should go on the 3.0 LTZ no problem unless equipt with Max Tailoring Package or Snow Plow.

Per Chevrolet website - "The 2-inch Suspension Lift cannot be installed on all regular cab trucks, 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Custom Trail Boss and LT Trail Boss, all Max Trailering Package trucks (NHT), all Snow Plow Prep-equipped trucks (VYU), or any 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 equipped with composite rear leaf springs (Chevrolet LT Trim with 5.3L V8 engine (L84) - Chevrolet LT Trim, Short Bed with 3.0L Turbo Diesel engine (LM2)"

Edited by DogMom
Wrong Quote

• 2 weeks later...

Can anybody who has had the GM 2-inch lift installed confirm whether the dealer was able to/actually did recalibrate the truck's computer to account for a larger tire size? If so, can they recalibrate for any tire size, or just for a larger factory-available tire size? Thanks in advance.

Edited by UGAreb

My dealer claims that they don't have the ability to change the factory tire size in the computer.  Sounds like the new GM computers are different than they used to be.  Techs have to submit Vin numbers to get updates and GM can claim that certain updates aren't supported by your Vin.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Going to possibly buy the GM lift and have the front only installed, that way it will sit level as well. I've read numerous complaints about spacers, so I do not want to go that way now. I also considered coilovers, but I question there longevity and don't want to pay for expensive rebuilds.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, leverett.scott said:

Going to possibly buy the GM lift and have the front only installed, that way it will sit level as well. I've read numerous complaints about spacers, so I do not want to go that way now. I also considered coilovers, but I question there longevity and don't want to pay for expensive rebuilds.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

think your misinformed....coilovers will and should last a lot longer than standard racho shock and being rebuildable is a plus....the rancho you just throw it away, the coilover can be serviced for $100 ea, and isn't that expensive to replace seals, etc...it does suck you have to pull them off but at least you don't have to throw away your $1800 set of shocks......coilover is a better product any way you look at it.  and should get same if not more life out them than standard shock..its a lot beefier so wont be working as hard.also you could turn around and sell them later on…..theyre are quite a few leveling struts out there as well

I hear ya on spacer though I don't like them and wont use them....

Edited by Dunn
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...

WHY CANT I GET IT [FACTORY LIFT] ON A 2020 SILVERADO ?I HAVE PLOW PACKAGE AND TOW PACKAGE. BUT THEY PUT THAT ON TRAIL BOSS. AND WILL AFTERMARKIT LIFT VOID WARRENTY? THANKS

• 2 weeks later...
WHY CANT I GET IT [FACTORY LIFT] ON A 2020 SILVERADO ?I HAVE PLOW PACKAGE AND TOW PACKAGE. BUT THEY PUT THAT ON TRAIL BOSS. AND WILL AFTERMARKIT LIFT VOID WARRENTY? THANKS

If you have the Max Tow with the composite rear leaf spring, that will be the cause for it not being a direct fit on your truck.

Has anyone got a GM dealer to install the GM 2” factory lift with Bilstein or Fox struts/shocks?  I like the GM warranty in this and only want 2” of lift for my needs, just don’t want another set of Ranchos even if they’re monotubes.   Also don’t want to pay labor to install GM kit then pay a shop to install Bilstein 5100 or Fox 2.0 coilovers....

Edited by Tcolburntexas
  • Like 2

For those that have had the lift for a while. Any regrets? Ride quality, etc? I've been waiting for the 25% off sale to come around next month (Hopefully) to jump on it.

Ironically I ran into a GM tech at a local watering hole recently. He was telling me not to do it as it stretches the brake lines? 

18 minutes ago, Mstorm18 said:

For those that have had the lift for a while. Any regrets? Ride quality, etc? I've been waiting for the 25% off sale to come around next month (Hopefully) to jump on it.

Ironically I ran into a GM tech at a local watering hole recently. He was telling me not to do it as it stretches the brake lines? 

I love mine and does not ride any differently to me.